Top, Top facing a shove

Socialpro29

Socialpro29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the the thoughts and ideas people have in this spot? Lets give everyone effective stacks of 100 BB. You hit the flop with Top/Top and the board has 2 of 1 suit and no straight draw and you have iniative, you make a standard c-bet of 1/2-2/3 pot and get a call. Turn comes pretty much a brick and you choose to go for value again and lead out and your opponent shoves. You have narrowed your opponents range to flush draws, some sets, and Top with worse kicker type hands. Given that you know alot about your opponent and his most likely holding here is a flush draw do you make the call or throw it in the muck?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"flush draws, some sets, and Top with worse kicker type hands"
this is too wide.
if your opp has flush dro and a pair of any kind its 51/49% in his favour

but generallly i would bet. unless i know my opp is some uber-nit that calls only with made good hands.
fair enough some times you will catch a cooler? but thats poker and you can not do anything about it =)

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hit the flop with Top/Top and the board has 2 of 1 suit and no straight draw and you have iniative, you make a standard c-bet of 1/2-2/3 pot and get a call. Turn comes pretty much a brick and you choose to go for value again and lead out and your opponent shoves. do you make the call or throw it in the muck?

i call

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With only 1 card to come (you said the turn was a brick) you call.