Suited connectors in CO vs BB

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full table $5-$10N. :10d4::9d4:Hero raises to $30 first in and called by BB. Flop is :js4::jd4::5d4: and villain bets $50. The turn is :qs4: checked all. Villain $3800 vs $6K. River is :8c4:and villain bets 3/4 the pot. I decide there is no better time to shove and let her fly. I can lose to a

boat or quads but it has to be worth it if he will always call with some lesser hands.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait what? You jammed $3,600 effective into a $285 pot and expected to get called by what hand that you can beat? AJ? In a single raised pot from the BB closing the action with no reads V can have pretty much any two cards. V can literally have all the boats. I would be surprised if V didn't 3 bet QQ or JJ but quads is also possible. This sounds like a really big overplay to me. I wouldn't mind if you raised to $350 or so and even called a 3 bet up to maybe $1200 if you think V can get spicy with trips but jamming this much into a tiny pot tends to lead hands that you want calls from to fold and hands that you want folding to call in my experience. Maybe your Vs bluff catch more than mine as I don't play this high but this move may have more of a downside than an upside if V has any sort of fold button.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait what? You jammed $3,600 effective into a $285 pot and expected to get called by what hand that you can beat? AJ? In a single raised pot from the BB closing the action with no reads V can have pretty much any two cards. V can literally have all the boats. I would be surprised if V didn't 3 bet QQ or JJ but quads is also possible. This sounds like a really big overplay to me. I wouldn't mind if you raised to $350 or so and even called a 3 bet up to maybe $1200 if you think V can get spicy with trips but jamming this much into a tiny pot tends to lead hands that you want calls from to fold and hands that you want folding to call in my experience. Maybe your Vs bluff catch more than mine as I don't play this high but this move may have more of a downside than an upside if V has any sort of fold button.

He might easily bet that way with trips, with anything larger he might tend to slow play and wait for aggression by Hero. I figured he might be tempted to call the big river bet with a strong unmade hand. I was right. V showed down with KJ.:D

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He might easily bet that way with trips, with anything larger he might tend to slow play and wait for aggression by Hero. I figured he might be tempted to call the big river bet with a strong unmade hand. I was right. V showed down with KJ.:D
Your games are absolutely amazing sir!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your hand was less obvious, so the player in the big blind made the call. He assumed you were chasing the flash and slowed down. Maybe he needed to bet on the turn in the amount of 3/4 of the pot. However, I'm not sure that you would have discarded your cards anyway.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your games are absolutely amazing sir!

Poker is alive and well with villian calling down with KJ there .

Bold play on river you made, most would have simply called villan's river raise fearing KQ, J8, JJ, 55, Q8, or JQ. Big Blind going to have a wide range usually.

However someone else made a good point, you massively over-shoved river and I'm surprised villian called. In most cases I'd expect villian folds to a check/shove so a nice value raise gets the job done. But sometimes you're getting called down with a hand
that crushes you.

Awesome you read it and profited but a sometimes in this hand situation you're going to be run over lol. That said I think calling or a small re-raise on his river bet is sufficient because sometimes in this scenario you're getting called by better if you shove and that's going to sting a bit. You shoved over 3K to win like $400, how often are you def winning this spot?

Tough spot, good read, but careful on these spots; a thick value bet might be the better line long term.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High risks in certain scenarios are worth taking. Excellent hand, I loved your line. Thanks for sharing.
Greetings.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High risks in certain scenarios are worth taking. Excellent hand, I loved your line. Thanks for sharing.
Greetings.
All I can say is that I've been a huge fan of Jack Strauss for ages.