multitable or try crush less tables at the micros?!

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after a long process i finally feel confident about my skills and now think about how to get out of the micros fast as possible.

i have a 250$ bankroll, taking shots at 10nl, usually at about 300$.
i usually played very tight and many tables but last days i was experimenting with a more lag style (once again) and this time i got much better at it.

so now i wonder if i should follow this path yet where i can only play 2 tables at the moment and its high variance, or if i just should stay with my nitty game and add some stuff here and there.

how do you deal with it or how did you? let me know, im happy for any advice!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I move up, I do it as a gradual process, where I only play 1-2 tables at the new higher limit, only when the games are good, and only when I am feeling fresh and good. There really is no point of playing a bunch of tables at a certain limit, before you are fairly sure, you can beat it.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm sure i can beat 5nl. most time i played 3-4 tables but i also was successfull with 6 tables when i played my A game.
but only with a small winrate like <5bb/100. when i tried that at 10nl it didnt work but i think its possible for me with a few adjustments.
but i wouldn't even mind to stay longer at 5nl grinding more tables as a nit or tight tag because its less intense and just easier.
when i play 1 or 2 tables it just feels sooo slow, at least at 5nl.

just wondering if i should just stay with what i know and grind as a small winner, getting the routine and add tables in a more relaxed way.
or if its worth it, trying to raise the profit with less tables and more action.

guess the most important factor is cash/h so i will definitely try find out my actual winrate in both scenarios and then compare but this will take some time.

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you play the number of tables that you can play optiimally. I can play 10nl and make good solid decisions on 6 tables. More than that and i am pushing the edge and the confidence that i can be a winner at these stakes.Good luck. Maybe you can talk about your results experimenting with the number of tables that you are playing and then tell us and see how we can hlep

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At new level less tables. Need time to adapt brains to new sizing's to be more automatic. Also you can do more Notes on regs.

But there is always exceptions - Nanonoko.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
allright thanks for the replies!

i was experimenting a bit and only can say, you are right!
i used a default strategy on up to 5 tables simultaniously with some small adjustments.
it worked great against the fish but against tough opponents i just need more time to think, to adjust right.

i was break even after allmost 7k hands, playing 20/16
not a huge sample size but i realized i could make much better decisions.

so as you said, i guess its better to play each table optimal and just get the routine to do it all automated!
unless there are plenty of fish, like 2nl