Missing stats

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much per hour can a dedicated PLO player make? Say moderate blinds of $3-$5 and a live full table.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO is tough to get a solid number on. I have played many live PLO games and its a roller coaster. Ive ranged from games where guys are all playing tight waiting to flop the nuts and other games where one or two players raise preflop with any hand.

NLH is a much easier game to put a standard on. Usuually you need to grind it out to make a big gain, but in a wild PLO game you can 10x your buyin in no time.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO is tough to get a solid number on. I have played many live PLO games and its a roller coaster. Ive ranged from games where guys are all playing tight waiting to flop the nuts and other games where one or two players raise preflop with any hand.

NLH is a much easier game to put a standard on. Usuually you need to grind it out to make a big gain, but in a wild PLO game you can 10x your buyin in no time.
Then what would the answer be for NLH?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A solid NLH player should be able to win 3-12 BB per hour from what I have read. The real question is how good are we as the player against the players we will meet. I have known a few players who have giving it a shot and thought they would be winners and while some did win more than 1/2 of them I know have lost money. If you know someone who is playing live and is a winner and you have played against them you might be able to get a idea of how much you might win but do be honest when comparing yourself to them.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A solid NLH player should be able to win 3-12 BB per hour from what I have read. The real question is how good are we as the player against the players we will meet. I have known a few players who have giving it a shot and thought they would be winners and while some did win more than 1/2 of them I know have lost money. If you know someone who is playing live and is a winner and you have played against them you might be able to get a idea of how much you might win but do be honest when comparing yourself to them.

Great response. I will continue to play blackjack at a win rate of $100/hr but try to break into PLO.:captain: