J10 suited playing styles

brains12341

brains12341

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
J1o suited happens to be one of my favorite hands to play. Once i am not the lowest stack and i am getting value for money i might call raises preflop with this, depending on position and other players actions before me. In Limit poker, i will play this hand 90% of the time preflop regardless of position.
Reason being is that the hand gives outs against big hands so opportunities to get it in for maximum value. Most players do not know how to lay down AK, AQ or AJ or even high pockets, so they willingly put all their chips in for a call on a turned straight or even a rivered straight with J10 as the missing 2 cards for the straight. It also plays up against the middle cards in the deck for bigger straights. My only issue when playing this hand is that i play cautious if i hit the flush depending on how the action went.
What are your opinions about J10 and what is you favorite starting hand. (Note i asked favorite and not best we all know the best starting hand is AA, and we know about the KK, QQ, AK, AQ and all that, these are just must play hands preflop, they play themselves)

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love JT. Play it any time I can, even unsuited. Fold it to all ins and big bets. When it hits it's huge, and makes up for it's many losses. And it is my favorite hand suited or not.

I

Ishnock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J10 is somewhat weak online. I never play it that much because you have the weakest of the face card and the top number card, but both are weak kickers when paired together.

And for some reason, online, Flush Jack High gets crushed by King, Queen or Ace high flushes. So it doesn’t work for me, Jack anything. I’ll play it suited off General principle, but it will not get big raises from me.

However, ever player has his own strategy.

I don’t really have a favorite pairing. There are pairings that I simply play based on my stack size, what type of players I’m facing. And what cards are routinely hitting the board.

Last edited:
D

DavidSWE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation on the poker table, how are the other players playing, what position are you in, and are they in, are you in the bb and hj raised and co btn and sb called, then AA or KK is top notch since when you 3b you pick up all those chips if they fold or get to see a flopp with a big pot vs usually one or maybe 2 players.

If you are in Utg w AA or KK and get several callers they aren't that great hands.

If you are in co or Btn, hands like 78s-KQs are great hands to call with and you have great equity and many outs on many flopps.

Also pps are good to call on btn, especially middle pairs like 55-JJ since you can flopp sets or have the best hand if you are 2 way on flopp and the flopp is midd-low. 22-44 you might want to 3b ip as semibluff, depending on the other players.

In blinds calling pps vs ep raise and callers are good hands, also suited conectors are good, hands like broadway ofsuit hands are not so good to call in the blinds vs ep raise.

J10s is a hand that is not bad to play from any position but as always is not so easy to play oop vs an agressive player, because unless you flopp a monster draw or two pair you might not want to play several streets of value w a pair of 10s or Js with a mid high kicker and if there are Q-A on the board and the player ip calls or raises it is hard to play with. And if the board comes all low and without a flush draw it is also hard to play oop. but ip or in multiway none 3b pots it is a very good hand, especially ip.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps j 10 not a bad card to enter the game with it here is a private matter for everyone. But there are many points to consider. Personally, I like to play j 9

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its good cards to start a hand...but if flop dont come nothing for staight or flush must go fold ..never all in with this cards!!! slow play its the good way to play safe and with no risk the chips !

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite hand is also jack 10, because very often I get hidden nuts.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like JTs especially playing in early stages of the tournament and in final positions.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like that hand despite it is weak online and I just limp it

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J10 are beautiful shorts, but I also really like AJ, for me the best cards, the same thing all depends on the flop

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've given up on J-10 and Q-J suited. Trap hands at best. And they commit you to playing multiple streets to have any chance at winning. Just not worth it.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All hands are different and all kinds of bets are different, this game changes, with 45s in each game. I'm already satisfied. hahaha

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello! I really like JT suited "the pearl" is a very good starting hand as you say. Ami mainly I like the 99 as an initial hand, but the hands of the 78 suit type or that level are interesting for me to play pre flop.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like that hand but if they are of the same suits they are usually the ones that connect the most for the straight or real flush in case of and they are very dangerous for the opponent since he believes that he is winning with AK and the flop is AKQ.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like J10 too.... In position works very well agaisnt low bets..

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, its the most beautiful hands in the poker. I have a temptation to play all hands like this and loss money. hahaha

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is also my favorite j10 hand, but it all depends on the flop, although bluffing has not been canceled)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have this pair playing.Not in any position.Many times I tried to play her.Only a loss.Even if the pair is the same suit.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J, 10 are my favorite cards, I don't force them but I always pay before the flop, sometimes even if I have to pay everything:cool:

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
approximately all right you said that this hand gives you an advantage against high cards on the Board with a straight. the hand 910 is also good but worse than the J10.

L

lucero53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cash

I prefer to enter the last j9 potion with a treveteo if nobody sweats