How often does Villian show up with flush? UTG

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero 10 9 clubs on button.
Villian A10 diamonds raise from UTG I call.
Flop 287 Two diamonds he bets I call.
Turn is the 5 diamonds. He hits his flush and checks, I fire out a bet. At this point I’m putting him on sets, A x with A of diamonds and going to try to hit it on the river. River is J. He checks I go all in. Lose to the flush. So how often does Villian have a flush in this spot?

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero 10 9 clubs on button.
Villian A10 diamonds raise from UTG I call.
Flop 287 Two diamonds he bets I call.
Turn is the 5 diamonds. He hits his flush and checks, I fire out a bet. At this point I’m putting him on sets, A x with A of diamonds and going to try to hit it on the river. River is J. He checks I go all in. Lose to the flush. So how often does Villian have a flush in this spot?
Depends on which site you're playing if it is the one I have in mind 99% of the time is about right.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the Villain but we unblock diamonds so I would imagine with this line he will have flushes a fair amount. Check / calling turn then jamming river could also be the Ace of diamond from some Vs as well. Tough spot. Since the 5 was a diamond. We could have taken a more passive line but it's hard to fault going for max value. If we are calling pre with T9c we need to be aggressive post to make it profitable.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the Villain but we unblock diamonds so I would imagine with this line he will have flushes a fair amount. Check / calling turn then jamming river could also be the Ace of diamond from some Vs as well. Tough spot. Since the 5 was a diamond. We could have taken a more passive line but it's hard to fault going for max value. If we are calling pre with T9c we need to be aggressive post to make it profitable.

Deff dee that I raise flop he would call, turn Check call. River would have went check check

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to push if a scare card is checked

No need to push if a scare card shows up on the river. When you have a flush draw on the flop and you're UTG, generally you fire a bet to add value to the pot and to make the opponent pay to see the next card. As soon as that diamond came, he checked, you bet, and he smooth called... why would he do that if he just had trips? He more than likely would have raised in that situation. Opponent checks on the river, you can go ahead and check keeping in mind the hands that beat you in this situation. Pushing has a very high risk considering you're putting in all of your money on evidence gathered that he may have very well been slow playing that flush. Check calls are always suspicious

Just an opinion :)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to push if a scare card shows up on the river. When you have a flush draw on the flop and you're UTG, generally you fire a bet to add value to the pot and to make the opponent pay to see the next card. As soon as that diamond came, he checked, you bet, and he smooth called... why would he do that if he just had trips? He more than likely would have raised in that situation. Opponent checks on the river, you can go ahead and check keeping in mind the hands that beat you in this situation. Pushing has a very high risk considering you're putting in all of your money on evidence gathered that he may have very well been slow playing that flush. Check calls are always suspicious

Just an opinion :)

Great post, thought about it a lot today lol, very easy check back, only hand I had really jacked up that day, he bet check called, that’s the flush or I have A diamonds line. Maybe I clicked wrong button haha

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
am i reading it right and you pushed with nothing on river? what was your thinking with push?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
am i reading it right and you pushed with nothing on river? what was your thinking with push?

Had straight, put him on set or over pair....Deff should have checked lesson learnt

Full Flush Poker