Can't beat NL5

B

Babis VGS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, new member here. I read for about 4 years articles here but never posted before.

My problem is that I am literally destroying NL2. Sth like 15+ bb/100 at 200k hands but cant beat NL5 for the first 50k hands. Variance had hit me hard, Today I became ultra nit playing 10/8 but still even when I had the nuts they min check raised me for example with coconuts. Lost 4 times KK to AA (maybe fold to 5bet jam KK? I think only AA 5bet jam). Anyway I don't think there are big differences between these limits the biggest one is that at NL5 I see more and bigger nits and clueless fish. Is it possible I can't beat NL5 (-3.91 bb/100)?

Sorry for the long post.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If what your saying is true with variance then just be patient and wait for it to turn around.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well.. people say that there is the biggest level jump from nl2 to nl5 than on any other limits. Nl2 is so easy. You just play strong hand, valuebet a lot and don't play any tricky game. What I suggest a lot on nl5 is just work on your preflop ranges and call less. 3bet more. Still on these stakes it's one of the biggest weapon because there are many nits and weak regs. Also with high rake games we want to win more preflop spots. Postflop same play as nl2. Valuebet, valuebet and valuebet. About bluffs just barrel more with some decent equity.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More TAG play, more 3BET, more check-raise

Wait for your cards, the pots will still fill up!

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER play any stakes lower than 25NL - might as well just be playing with fake money at any level lower.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, new member here. I read for about 4 years articles here but never posted before.

My problem is that I am literally destroying NL2. Sth like 15+ bb/100 at 200k hands but cant beat NL5 for the first 50k hands. Variance had hit me hard, Today I became ultra nit playing 10/8 but still even when I had the nuts they min check raised me for example with coconuts. Lost 4 times KK to AA (maybe fold to 5bet jam KK? I think only AA 5bet jam). Anyway I don't think there are big differences between these limits the biggest one is that at NL5 I see more and bigger nits and clueless fish. Is it possible I can't beat NL5 (-3.91 bb/100)?

Sorry for the long post.

Are you playing full ring or 6-max games? I find that people at microstakes are very nitty and play overly tight. Hence, the answer for me has always been to widen my stealing range and even playing speculative hands, since post-flop it's quite easy to beat players at NL5.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever your doing at 2nl should really work at 5nl there is very little if any difference between the two stakes.It's likely more in your head the difference and perhaps coincided with a bad run.Try another 50k hands and see how it goes.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly stick to MTTs and SNGs but really want to transition into cash games. The only problem is I seem to always get destroyed when it comes to cash. Can anyone recommend any training materials/sites that address breaking into mico stakes cash play?