a quick question

J

johnson1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guy,
A quick question to all you cash game grinders. I know about bank roll management and I know u should have at least 20Buy-ins. But I find myself really board bored at the 5/10nl and 25/50 nl. My game of choice is 100/200limit or 200/400limit. At americas card room, the limit tables have very low buy-ins for the limit games i was wondering if its ok to play the limit tables with a smaller buy-in. At the limit tables your stack has a little less effects than at nl hold'em. I would like to become a part time grinder to supplement some income, i have a baby on her way in march. So pretty much asking can i grind at the smaller 10/20nl games and throw one table of 100/200 limit in there to make it a little more fun. I love poker and the bordem only comes about after 4 hours of playing the small stakes. I also know to do this professional you have to change your mind set. The 100/200 wouldnt be that often and I would buy-in at 40 or 50, which isnt a huge bank roll lose but it is enough to hurt my profits. Thanks for any repsonses i may recieve.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can not be regarded as a basic salary, but as an additional income can be considered. I would have played for Strategy 300 Bain me less. it is not necessary to switch to a high level at a little bankroll. in the end, all lose. Good luck in the game!

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're bored on a small limit means you do not have enough adrenaline. this is probably the excitement and emotion

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good idea. Too much on one table, too much dependant on a variance. I would better play 2 tables of 50/100 stakes rather than one 100/200.

Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good idea. Too much on one table, too much dependant on a variance. I would better play 2 tables of 50/100 stakes rather than one 100/200.

yeh... I would do it the same way. 2 tables of 50/100.:)

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean you can... if you can =)
Some of the high stake grinders sit at 2.5/5$ and 50/100$ at the same time. The question is can you keep your focus and adjust properly.
Yes you can, limit has lower varience so you should not (if you are good) expect that much of a variance like at NL (+10BI/-10BI) in 1 session.
Mix both again depends. Limit will provide less (adjusting the stakes ofcourse) on the other hand wings at NL will(as in not can, but will) happen.
The question you are asking depends on - "can you?". If you go on twitch you can see guys play NL and Omaha, FR and 6max, SNG and SpNG at the same time so... here your answer =)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From reading your post, it sounds as if you shouldn't be relying on poker for any income. particularly with a baby on the way.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boredom is the word that bugs me... everyone has kids etc so it can be done.

But can you do it? i think u need to defeat the boredom and find a way to make any game exciting esp if ur going to make it an income or part.

You need to know yourself and push the limits of your mindset and see where you are at with ur game... keep playing and dig deeper

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do they still play $200 /400 limit on ACR ? I thought almost all those bigger games dried up ? Good luck in any case !