2nl 6max and 5nl 6max differences

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi everyone
I recently decided to move up to 5nl after winning on 2nl for 4bb/100 (136,000 hands) on 6max zoom all in adj 4.6 but am having difficulties at 5nl can anybody give me some advice on what they think the main differences when they moved up and tell me if you agree with some of these

some of these assumptions maybe because im over thinking thinks at the moment

1. people have a better 3bet game (more balanced) something I still need to work on versus different positions
2. fish at this level will shove pre a little bit stronger or shove 60bb TPGK on flop with 20bb in the middle lol
3. regs cbet less as they understand what they represent ( ep raise bb calls flop comes 26T reg checks)
leaving hands with showdown value to check more

also what do people think of me depositing more money to have 30 buy ins to stay at this level because I want to have more hours at this level rather than me moving up and down every 3buyins

S

SuckMyTilt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be interested to see what people.say on this subject

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited $25, played NL2 Zoom and grinded to $220. I then played NL5 but lost $30 so I grinded up to $220 again and now I'm ready to try a second time.

What I've noticed before is that they always attack my blinds. Really almost 100%.
And the button opens up with just a min to 10 cents a lot more often than on NL2, which has made me uncertain how to play some hands, since they call if I raise every time anyway and double barrel everything.
Another one is that they call pre-flop a lot more with suited connectors, even lower ones. So their range is a lot wider, including their 3-bet range.
They call flops almost every time and bet whenever you check. The bet after checking is not so different from NL2 though.
I think the best way for me would be to play even tighter than I do on NL2 where my stats are about 14 VPIP 10 PFR 5 3-bet.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited $25, played NL2 Zoom and grinded to $220. I then played NL5 but lost $30 so I grinded up to $220 again and now I'm ready to try a second time.

What I've noticed before is that they always attack my blinds. Really almost 100%.
And the button opens up with just a min to 10 cents a lot more often than on NL2, which has made me uncertain how to play some hands, since they call if I raise every time anyway and double barrel everything.
Another one is that they call pre-flop a lot more with suited connectors, even lower ones. So their range is a lot wider, including their 3-bet range.
They call flops almost every time and bet whenever you check. The bet after checking is not so different from NL2 though.
I think the best way for me would be to play even tighter than I do on NL2 where my stats are about 14 VPIP 10 PFR 5 3-bet.

thanks I will take it all into consideration

S

SuckMyTilt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why don't you make an opinion on it ?
I guess I could do... I was Interested as to what others think as it seems different to what I have seen before, i cant put my finger on it though!

But, so far bar the brutal rivers... i have noticed they tend to flat a lot of Unsuited Ax like ATo when youd think was a fold, they like to call 3Bs with suited connectors and then chase down any part of a draw be it a FD or a GS. typically it just feels like.the ranges are.much wider in general. and if hands are looking like they could go multiway and it's been 3B then anything (and I mean anything) suited is seeing a flop be it Q6s or 97s.

I do see a lot of betting after its checked but if its checked back it's likely they have air...

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be expecting to be loosing player. 4bb/100 its very small winrate.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 2nl zoom?

You should be expecting to be loosing player. 4bb/100 its very small winrate.
It’s not a brag I just think 4bb/100 is enough to move up and I don’t expect to be winning right away but I will at some point I promise you that

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as I remember I had ~11bb/100 winrate on NL2 then moved to NL5 my winrate droped to 1bb/100 (and I made shots on evenings and weekends then field was softer). It was in ~2016-2017.

Last edited:
P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as I remember I had ~11bb/100 winrate on NL2 then moved to NL5 my winrate droped to 1bb/100 (and I made shots on evenings and weekends then field was softer). It was in ~2016-2017.

maybe it took you too long to adjust ? I would rather do it now than in two years when Im winning 11bb/100 because ill be auto piloting 2nl when I move in like now most spots I think are ok I think are a lot different at 5nl

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see no difference at all in 2NL, 5NL, and 10NL - they all suck.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol

I seen all of your recent posts what a troll

O

observador22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! The first thing you will notice is an aggressiveness of most of the nl5 ecosystem. After regular you will see some, I do not know if many who are winners, but there will be. The theme of balance in my opinion is for nl10 upwards surely, you have to focus on playing more for value and take advantage of your strong hands. Regarding your bank, I think that you should play with at least 30 boxes, to have a certain margin and not have to go down every time you lose 2 or 3 boxes.