$0.01-$0.02 regualr tables without stats

Kamnerobot

Kamnerobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I it possible to get +EV playing regular tables without stats?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, notes are always better, but oh so boring to make ;)

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found players using blind luck to have a better + EV than using anyone using stats and playing tight.

D

Donny bennight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables do most of you guys play? I can play 2-4 any thing after that i start to lose money...and what should be a good win rate? thanks

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting subject, i am eager to read more answers on this subject as it could help me.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I don't use a hud and still win

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I it possible to get +EV playing regular tables without stats?

ummmmmm, without stats? I mean maybe over the short term, People luck box there way into short term wins all the time, but answer would be No. If you mean playing without a HUD then the answer would be Yes. Best scenario, would be with taking your own stats/notes/or using a HUD. I'm assuming you're asking this question because you don't have a HUD and don't want to get one?

S

Spewster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use stats now and I didn't use stats when I started playing.

But honestly, I play online to practise for live play so I'm HUD free on purpose.
I went from 2NL to 25NL in a couple of months so you definitely do not need a HUD in the micro's.

In addition, if you don't like HUD's, there are some sites that promote HUD - free play.

Micro stakes is all about exploiting unbalanced ranges and folding to the raise on the turn or river without the nuts. You definitely don't need a HUD for that :D

Kamnerobot

Kamnerobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ummmmmm, without stats? I mean maybe over the short term, People luck box there way into short term wins all the time, but answer would be No. If you mean playing without a HUD then the answer would be Yes. Best scenario, would be with taking your own stats/notes/or using a HUD. I'm assuming you're asking this question because you don't have a HUD and don't want to get one?

I used HUD about 4 years ago when I was a regular player, but I had quit regular poker at that time and I want to play it just like for fun, nevetheless I want to have +EV.
Can a straight ABC poker be profitable at NL2?

Kamnerobot

Kamnerobot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use stats now and I didn't use stats when I started playing.

But honestly, I play online to practise for live play so I'm HUD free on purpose.
I went from 2NL to 25NL in a couple of months so you definitely do not need a HUD in the micro's.

In addition, if you don't like HUD's, there are some sites that promote HUD - free play.

Micro stakes is all about exploiting unbalanced ranges and folding to the raise on the turn or river without the nuts. You definitely don't need a HUD for that :D
Thank you, it's sounds inspiring, but I heard a lot of times, that micros were like this only long time ago

S

Spewster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used HUD about 4 years ago when I was a regular player, but I had quit regular poker at that time and I want to play it just like for fun, nevetheless I want to have +EV.
Can a straight ABC poker be profitable at NL2?

Microstakes isn't the shitshow it used to be, so it's not tables full of maniacs and calling stations anymore. But ABC can still be profitable if you make some adjustments to your game.

Thank you, it's sounds inspiring, but I heard a lot of times, that micros were like this only long time ago

As said, you definitely don't need a HUD. Ranges are super unbalanced so if you pay attention just a little bit, you will find your edge. If you really want to make sure that you're not playing against unfair competition, play at ignition or partypoker. Tables anonymous, so no bum hunting and no HUD's allowed.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible. You just have to watch your table-mates, they usually stick around for awhile so just pick up on their habits just like you would do in live. As well just play slightly tighter than you would in MTT's as at these stakes people don't like to bluff too much.

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The .01-.02 tables I have been at recently seem to promote a very nitty style of play where you bet all your top pair or better hands and fold to any resistance without the nuts. I don't think HUDs are necessary to win at this level in today's game.

Cimmoo

Cimmoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its possible for sure, but its better to play with stats if you know how to use them,
if you dont wanna spend money for PT or HM you can download free jivaro software, it will give you 3basic stats, (better than nothing)