i always finish in the best 1000 of the month so i think i'm a decent player in open skill league.
the harder thing is to survive first hour, i try to assure avplace in the best 25% so i don't lose points.
my recomendentions are:
1. start playing very conservative in preflop, only you could play a all-in with AA, if 2 or more players go all-in in preflop, fold with any hand.
2. NEVER, EVER do 3-bets during the first hour, if someone raise and you have a good hand,just call.
3. if you connect a good hand in flop, play aggresive, a all-in is not a bad decision.
4. if you are in late position and nobody rise, call whit any hand to see the flop, note that during the first 30 minutes is not easy to enter calling at flop.
5. once you get a place in 15% play normal, still tight (if your stack is not strong) but more aggresive whit strong hands at preflop.
6. if you get a strong stack ( over 30 blinds) try yo play loose but with small bets at preflop.
7. try to steal blinds only after first hour, never do it before.