freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does anyone have any info on Revolution Gaming Network that intertops is switching to on June 1st?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its new and the same. Lock is taking over the current network and renaming it (then making some changes).

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, Lock is taking over the Cake network (not the Cake skin) and renaming it. They will bring their own cashier and promotions with increased RB, VIP, promotions, and Ronin (rake race). And if you hate Cake software like most do, they also promise massive software updates that they're already working on, including a Mac client they claim is complete and undergoing testing now.

The Cake skin and the other skins on the old Cake network will not change much right away and will initially keep their same support and cashier but will benefit from a larger player pool, and may start seeing some improved promotions and game selections pretty quickly. That said, I do recall an Intertops rep posting on 2p2 about some of the things they'll be changing on the new network. There's a couple good threads on it in the Lock forum over there.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That said, I do recall an Intertops rep posting on 2p2 about some of the things they'll be changing on the new network. There's a couple good threads on it in the Lock forum over there.
psh... and you call yourself a slanty ;)

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
thanks friends very helpful:love:

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lock said Revolution Gaming Network is going to open June 1 with Lock switching over there tomorrow too. There haven't been any news about them opening tomorrow, so I'm thinking Lock is probably going to move back the date. The good news is that Lock has release their new schedule for the revolution network, I can said it look way better then the old cake network. Way more freezeouts now.

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I am really looking forward to the new tourney schedule. Both Merge and Cake are lacking in that department, and I am glad to see things getting shaken up a bit. Best case, we see more competition between the two networks (Merge and Cake) and thus better promotions/guaranteed tourneys, and better support and cash out times on Cake. Worst case... I honestly don't think it could get much worse than it is currently.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost forgot. If you're a DON player and were as disappointed as me when Merge dropped the 6-max DONs, please take these surveys that Lock put up to gauge user sentiment on the subject. With enough interest, they have indicated the possibility of keeping 6-max DONs (which Cake still had) on the new network.

6-max DONs on Merge were like a money machine to me. In the 10-max games I'm nowhere near as profitable due to higher variance and slower games keeping me from playing the same volume, which also hit my RB/VIP.

http://www.learnmyself.com/personality.asp?p=take-poll&qp=80890x866F48F4
http://www.learnmyself.com/personality.asp?p=take-poll&qp=80891x3124021a

Also, this: Info For The Upcoming Revolution Gaming Network: Tournament Schedule, SNG Structures, 200% Bonuses, FAQ, & More!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, I should completely read the links I post first. Ignore those surveys I guess, from that last link it looks like they're keeping/bringing back 6-max DONs! Woot!

Add 6 person double up turbo speed structures & buy-ins: Same Cake starting stack & blinds
3 Minute Blind Levels
$1.39+$0.11
$3.30+$0.20
$6.68+$0.32
$14.31+$0.69
$28.63+$1.37:
$57.25+$2.75:
$95.86+$4.14:
$193.05+$6.95:
Change Cake 6 person NL double up buy-in levels/rake & switch to 6 minute blinds
Keep same Cake structure except 6 minute blinds instead of 7
Remove any current Cake buy-in not listed and adjust rake as follows:
Buy-In Levels:
$1.50+$0.15
$3.00+$0.22
$6+$0.36
$15+$0.90
$33+$1.98
$60+$3.50
$90+$4.50
$200+$8
$300+$12
Remove current Cake 6 max NLH Double-Up

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, I should completely read the links I post first. Ignore those surveys I guess, from that last link it looks like they're keeping/bringing back 6-max DONs! Woot!
haha i love the DONs, im a big cake user so it should be interesting to see what changes!

A

Amphiptere

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This whole thing has me worried. Lock was the only site that you could get a cashout in less than a month (or even more). Really hope that doesn't change.

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I should use all my tickets up tonight? I'm on lock and just saw the pop up but it faded out before I could read it all.

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NVM it looks like they're making the switch now. Only like a dozen sngs available at any stake and probably only because there is a lock player registered i'd assume

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have I heard talk about a 100K freeroll on Sunday to celebrate the new Revolution Gaming Network or is that just my imagination?!

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have I heard talk about a 100K freeroll on Sunday to celebrate the new Revolution Gaming Network or is that just my imagination?!

WHAT?

If true, someone please post info. I haven't heard anything like that. Intertops will be having a $1k freeroll on June 1 (Friday), registration will open a couple hours before.

Amphiptere said:
This whole thing has me worried. Lock was the only site that you could get a cashout in less than a month (or even more). Really hope that doesn't change.

Lock reps have stated that they won't be taking over Cake's cashier -- only "helping them to improve". They said they will continue to maintain their own cashier, independent of Cake.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WHAT?

If true, someone please post info. I haven't heard anything like that. Intertops will be having a $1k freeroll on June 1 (Friday), registration will open a couple hours before.

Haven't heard a thing about it since--I think someone was trying to put one over on me big time. I tend to be tad gullible from time to time.

An Itops 1K freeroll sounds a lot more realistic to me. :)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a $100k gtd tourney on Sunday but it ain't a freeroll. ;) Can't find it in the lobby but just got an email about it. Probs a $200 buy in.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, Sunday's 100K is a $109. From Jared's blog post linked above:

In addition, the first Sunday (June 3rd) the $500+30 75k super stack guaranteed will actually be hosted by Annette Obrestad and Chris Moorman, and the 1600 $100+9 will be a 100k guaranteed hosted by Matt Stout and Melanie Weisner.

H

hayden1009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so then the new software wont automatically let Q 3 win?

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Lock is taking over the Cake network (not the Cake skin) and renaming it. They will bring their own cashier and promotions with increased RB, VIP, promotions, and Ronin (rake race). And if you hate Cake software like most do, they also promise massive software updates that they're already working on, including a Mac client they claim is complete and undergoing testing now.

One can only hope it does improve, and the cash out options for usa players!

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to save me typing I will be lazy and Copy/Paste my tweets :)

WECpoker
‏@WECpoker
Lock Poker offering New 200% up to $4000 Deposit Bonus; All current/new players eligible, must use bonus code THEFUTURE

WECpoker ‏@WECpoker
Lock Poker announces June 'Battle of the Ronin' $1 Million Rake Chase. Clearing all levels would net a player over $45K

WECpoker ‏@WECpoker
Lock is planning huge opening weekend of tournaments planned with $100,000 Guaranteed tournament along with a $75,000 Superstack tournament

WECpoker ‏@WECpoker
Also, Lock Poker is offering 36% Rakeback using Player Friendly 'Dealt Method' for calculating Rake, bonus not deducted

H

hayden1009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so then the new software wont automatically let Q 3 win?

And it did. Tonight decided to play the platform in a 1k tourny, and went up against a big stack, I had about 12 k and he had about 20 k, he does a mini raise preflop and I shove, he thinks for ever and calls, his 5's against my Kings, and he rivers that other 5. I could almost have seen it coming.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay I signed onto Lock and it made me download new software.
The software seemed to be based (looked like) on Windows screens, even though I am on a Mac.

The strangest part is it allowed me to change my user name.
So I did.

:cool: