Grinder rooms vs Fish rooms

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understand it, every grinders dream is to find and play as many fish as possible. If so, then grinders should migrate to fishier rooms until all rooms reached equal grinder / fish ratio.

But clearly it isn't so, for example Stars remains most competitive site ever.

Why is that ?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I understand it, every grinders dream is to find and play as many fish as possible. If so, then grinders should migrate to fishier rooms until all rooms reached equal grinder / fish ratio.

But clearly it isn't so, for example Stars remains most competitive site ever.

Why is that ?
It does not make sense, but I notice the same.
Stars is very popular, but for freerolls it is (almost) the worst room I know (lowest $/hr in freerolls) (except the cardschat ones; but these have a private player field).
Maybe it's a result of marketing, everyone want to be on stars team, they are most on tv, etc....a wannabee part of it.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I imagine that in all there are fishes, but you could start looking for them in new poker sites .. pokerstars maybe you can find some the problem is that there are many players in that function for some years before you thought about it .. maybe in the new sites there may be some recreational players .. less popular sites .. it is a matter of trying, there are also some factors that you should consider, such as the amount of bots that are in the room or the way the software treats you .. that so many badbeats affect me daily seems an important issue when choosing a site to play frequently there.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to the fact that pokerstars lack freerolls, and all the fish and donkeys that no longer have a bank, they are forced to emigrate to rooms where there are many such as unibet (recreational room). While the fish and donkeys have money to keep depositing and playing, they stay in pokerstars

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are some slight misconceptions in your theory. First, the grinder to fish ratio in the entire poker world is not 50/50, meaning no site would have an equal ratio of grinders and fish. Second, fish come into sites much more frequently but stay for a short time; usually once they've lost their bankroll two or three times they lose interest and never deposit again. Third, grinders don't usually care if the grinder to fish ratio is increasing. They only care if the site is profitable at that moment. It's not something you would likely notice anyway. Lastly, a player might prefer a site more than another due to other reasons such as interface, bonuses, etc.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a total myth, poker will be easier for you when improve your game and have some luck. i have played in several poker rooms and there is no big difference beetwen good and bad players.

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The grinders and fish often differ from tournament to tournament on most sites. If you play micro stakes pretty much anywhere, you're going to deal with a lot of fish.

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need a few time to get to know each players are fishes or geniuses , so in the first few flops take care !

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had that impression but that's just what it is, impression (I mean, what's the basis?) I believe that the amount of fish is higher in all rooms (and it will always be) for example, How many players who REALLY studied the game do you know? and the contrary? remembering that it is not just a bad hand that makes someone a fish. Play out of position, "limp" into the hands that "should" increase, not knowledge the rule 4-2, etc, etc

I already had that impression but that's just what it is, impression (I mean, what's the basis?) I believe that the amount of fish is higher in all rooms (and it will always be) for example, How many players who REALLY studied the game do you know? and the contrary? remembering that it is not just a bad hand that makes someone a fish. Play out of position, "limp" into the hands that "should" increase, not knowledge the rule 4-2, etc, etc

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker star is the most popular site because it has been successful in the beginning to attract many players thanks to good promotions and offers many quality benefits. But the times have changed and especially their objective which is surely to concentrate only on the players who have the means to play. I also try to migrate playing on other poker sites but in the final I am all delete.poker star will always be my favorite site.