Bots or Players

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amid so many polemics the suspicions of bots in the poker rooms that resolve to put fire in this conversation.
Firstly, it is worth remembering that the biggest controversy revolves around pokerstars, having the largest number of players online, you can see on the social networks thousands of people talking about it and guilty of hacks.
In my opinion if there are bots, they are the poker rooms themselves, they may have the bots to fill the tables for lack of players, even though not many people play online poker.
The most suspicious behavior of bots I have observed are: Players who constantly bet on speculative hands and always win;
Players who often go all in front of them with nothing on their hand to help another opponent and take their chance to beat the pot;
Accounts with names resembling computer codes.
Remember we humans have an emotional intelligence and the bots being artificial programs do not have it, so guess.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bots

From what Ive seen, there are bots, imo. And my guess would be by the house. I guess thats just the way it is, and I think you still have a chance at winning.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amid so many polemics the suspicions of bots in the poker rooms that resolve to put fire in this conversation.
Firstly, it is worth remembering that the biggest controversy revolves around PokerStars, having the largest number of players online, you can see on the social networks thousands of people talking about it and guilty of hacks.
In my opinion if there are bots, they are the poker rooms themselves, they may have the bots to fill the tables for lack of players, even though not many people play online poker.
The most suspicious behavior of bots I have observed are: Players who constantly bet on speculative hands and always win;
Players who often go all in front of them with nothing on their hand to help another opponent and take their chance to beat the pot;
Remember we humans have an emotional intelligence and the bots being artificial programs do not have it, so guess.

hi hi
all of these stories of Bots makes me very yikes. i read about ACR is infested with Bots, i often play in ACR!
But should Bots worry me? i doubt Bots would play in events with tiny buy-ins like i play? is one of those Bots a better player than a human? should i be "yikes" about Bots in poker rooms?

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that the suspicion of bots has crossed my mind as well. when you have players that go all in on an 8 3 offsuit and just happen to hit both them on the flop. once in a lifetime maybe, but every few hands is doubtful if you ask me.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always assumed that this applies mostly to the "Sitting Out" players.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We also can not expect that the poker rooms tell us the truth about the bots and about the dubious things that occur

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think there are bots and always will be bots because someone always needs to cheat and have the upper hand.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there are no more bots in poker and when you're done with all the support software, poker will grow even more.

T

TRocker69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hacks

Firstly, it is worth remembering that the biggest controversy revolves around PokerStars, having the largest number of players online, you can see on the social networks thousands of people talking about it and guilty of hacks.
Hacker:damnmate:s

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most suspicious behavior of bots I have observed are: Players who constantly bet on speculative hands and always win

A bot is just a computer program playing poker. It does not know, what cards are coming. If someone play bad and "suck out", its almost certainly a human player, and its just variance.

Players who often go all in front of them with nothing on their hand to help another opponent and take their chance to beat the pot

That is collusion and can be carried out by both human players and computer programs. Collusion is obviously also against the rules of any poker room.

These are just players, who presumably want to make it more difficult for other players to remember them.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All this talk about bots does not have reliable facts. Without solid evidence of the charges, it is a dummy.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say that the suspicion of bots has crossed my mind as well. when you have players that go all in on an 8 3 offsuit and just happen to hit both them on the flop. once in a lifetime maybe, but every few hands is doubtful if you ask me. happens too often in PS

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe that there are bots playing on some of these poker websites and I do think that I may have played against one or two...maybe. The only reason why I say this is because I've played against someone who folded every time I had a monster hand and shoved with nothing and seemed to hit every time, bot? I'm not sure but it was relatively suspicious.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do believe that there are bots playing on some of these poker websites and I do think that I may have played against one or two...maybe. The only reason why I say this is because I've played against someone who folded every time I had a monster hand and shoved with nothing and seemed to hit every time, bot? I'm not sure but it was relatively suspicious.

Once again bots are just computer programs playing poker. They can not see your cards, nor do they know, what community cards are coming.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read that bots have a very basic game strategy. That the human mind can overcome them with simple technique.
Currently there is no machine that can beat man in poker, as if it exists in chess for example.
It is possible that bots can beat less experienced players, but I think that in the long term this does not happen with regular players.
I think it is likely that there may be bots in different online poker rooms. But considering this, I do not think it affects the poker ecosystem too much.
Greetings.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BOTS

I ALWAYS LOOK FOR TO SEE THE NAMES OF THE ADVERSARIES, WHEN THE FLOP (EX: 8,8) AND THE BET (88,880,888,8880) IS GENERALLY STRANGE, ALSO WHEN YOU HAVE ALMOST 200 BB AND SOMEONE FOR ALLIN AND YOU HAVE YOU (KK, QQ , AA), ALWAYS LOSE, IS STRANGE

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Highly unlikely for a major poker site to be running bots themselves. Limited upside; significant downside.

And how do you keep the programmers involved quiet? This would be a major story. One that is potentially salable to the a news outlet.

Just doesn't have the ring of plausibility.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can only hope for the honesty of the rooms that they will fight with bots. It is very difficult to prove to a simple player that he is playing against a bot. Especially when the rooms ban trackers and there is no possibility to collect statistics.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game to be real must seek as close as possible to reality, ie without any help tools and even those that only collect statistics.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are BOTS as many poker rooms have already found them and are working to get our money back. NEO POKER has an interesting site where they offer poker sites help in finding them. https://neopokerlab.com/poker-bot-watch In the past, I think the NEO POKER site also provided something similar to bots to poker sites, but i can't prove it now.

There are some sites in the past that have "sold bots" to poker sites in order to help them fill the tables. What happens to the winnings that these bots make? I don't know. Unfilled tables do not make money for the poker sites, so you can see how this might be interesting for them. This could be rumor or fact, I don't really know, but we have to assume there may be bots occupying seats at tables next to us. This doesn't mean they will win, a bot just means it is an automated player. Could be a fantastic player or merely a very simple player that can be beat.

I am glad to see poker sites going after them. I am hopeful that the sites themselves are not actually using bots to fill tables to get action started. I don't think any of us want to see this happening. I would rather wait 10 more minutes to get started than to start immediately with bots.

Good luck all!!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm not a professional. But it seems to me that PokerStars values its reputation too much to deal with bots.

T

Telik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play well and just don’t think who is playing against you.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest.... i miss the old ACR with bots