Can this be right?

progshim

progshim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was excited to get in on the intertops Thursday freeroll (my first since joining Cardschat), checking the thread every few hours for the password I expected to need. But after a couple of hours of frustrated attempts to register on their website, my wife figured out that their software wouldn't work on my android tablet. Apparently Intertops only serves Windows or Mac. They claim to have a mobile App just for Android devices but I was unable to install it. Ok, bummer, but I'll just move on to the next freeroll, right? Next on my list was American Card Room / Black Chip Poker, so off I went to register there. Same problem, Win or Mac, with a non-functional mobile Android app.

What gives? Do you guys and gals all use Windows and Mac? Maybe I'm screwing up the app installation? Any illumination will be appreciated. Thanks

And thanks to Cardschat (and Tammy) for setting this all up. This is a great forum / resource. ;)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant even play on intertops any more because they are not regulated in the uk. I used to play there, they used to send me junk mail all the time. yet they cant even be bothered to get themselves regulated in uk now. most sites I find if they don't have an app you can usually play using a web browser, though the experience tends to be poor

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I've pretty much same problem as i also use android tablet ... recently even tried to reach ACR via play.americascardroom.eu but it says they dont support web services lol

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a bit poor these days to not have a web option for playing. a lot of sites have been doing it for a long time now. I prefer to use a client for the features. but a web browser option is handy if I need to step away and there's no app for the phone.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Software design and maintenance is the main cost of operating an online poker room. Most likely the majority of players have windows and mac, so adding android is not cost effective for the poker rooms.

It's not that they don't want your business, but if the cost of serving you and others like you exceeds the expected gain, it makes sense for them not to engage in such an endeavor.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a bit poor these days to not have a web option for playing. a lot of sites have been doing it for a long time now. I prefer to use a client for the features. but a web browser option is handy if I need to step away and there's no app for the phone.
This, I don't have an android myself but I would expect that the web browser for you android would still allow you to play through the internet but that is only on Intertops. I think you may be out of luck when it comes to ACR, I do believe you are out of luck and may not be able to play if you an't get the app working.