ACR Freeroll idiots

RAFAELO1

RAFAELO1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR runs constant freerolls. It gives me a chance to brush up on skills and get away from the constant sound of my wife's voice. I really enjoy them.....but.

Invariably, there are players that constantly donk all in with absolutely nothing just to steal blinds and be annoying.

Pisses me off

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's kinda the nature of the freerolls though. If you think about it the average game has 500ish players but only 10 get paid. That means that you gotta outlast a ton of people to get any money, but when you actually watch the tourney lobby you see that after 2 levels 20ish people have over 20K in chips so putting that all together you really have to win some big pots to stay in contention for the money. Most of the time though you can really exploit these people and call with a bit wider range because they most likely have nothing and you can have some easy double ups.

RAFAELO1

RAFAELO1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kinda the nature of the freerolls though. If you think about it the average game has 500ish players but only 10 get paid. That means that you gotta outlast a ton of people to get any money, but when you actually watch the tourney lobby you see that after 2 levels 20ish people have over 20K in chips so putting that all together you really have to win some big pots to stay in contention for the money. Most of the time though you can really exploit these people and call with a bit wider range because they most likely have nothing and you can have some easy double ups.[/QUOTE

I'm learning that. And having a wider range in these games is having 2 cards.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately freerools are this way with one exception,Cardschat freerols are different. the players are more concentrated and focused at the game.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember one thing. If you are playing a freeroll where participants are more than 5000 then it is must to play some crap hands and hope to win from those hands. You must make a decision whether you are playing for least payout say 30 or 50 cents or you are looking to finish under top 50. If you choose latter one then you must have a big stack to survive the volatility of such a tournament and to get such a stack an intelligent donk play is must.
Remember you win 50 cents in 100 such tournaments would add only $50 to your wallet but say you win nothing in 99 tournaments but you get 1st in at least one tourney would give you a good amount.

RAFAELO1

RAFAELO1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am learning as I play more and more freerolls that as the levels progress, the lower skilled players just drop off. I've noticed distinct patterns of inexperienced players in the initial few levels.

1- tendency to shove with AX
2- call any bet with top pair or a set even though there may be straight or flush draws out there that have been bet into already
3- very little bluffing

fiatdoge

fiatdoge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, in the ones with turbo levels that is something bound to happen, especially at the begining, after hitting the pot they start playing normally

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with elton015

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would gladly take a bad beat, than listening to my ex. lol
Be patient as you can and you have a better chance playing your own game.
With free rolls it is a good time to play some hands you might not normally play, at least when the blinds are low.

H

hopergroper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have probably played against you on ACR then :) I have stone bubbled those freerolls and come close a number of times. I usually play as close to GTO as i can for first 3-4levels then open up. I am trying to build hobby bankrolls on 888 and ACR on their dimes. Tuff grinding tho :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It gives me a chance to ... get away from the constant sound of my wife's voice.
Hmmm ..... I'm assuming your wife doesn't read your Cardschat posts over your shoulder. :confused: