ACR free rolls

S

Seltz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing the ACR freerolls everyday for about a week and have cashed in 1 of them. I am finding it very difficult to place ITM. I have a very tight range and only call/raise with hands I am willing to go all in with. Does anyone have any tips to place ITM?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are not too many preflop shoves at your table it might be worth playing some pots in the first few levels to try and accumulate chips. I haven't played any in a while, but I found that strategy worked. After that you can go back to playing your tight style. Also if you have the nuts, or you think you have them beat don't be afraid to overbet pots for maximum value to players who CANT fold.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing the ACR freerolls everyday for about a week and have cashed in 1 of them. I am finding it very difficult to place ITM. I have a very tight range and only call/raise with hands I am willing to go all in with. Does anyone have any tips to place ITM?

I think the best thing about playing that free roll is to open up your game more. I used to do the same with play chips. Seeing a cheap flop with low pairs for instance, you can sometimes get trips on the flop. And your 22 is a pretty good hand.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very hard to place ITM in ACR freerolls

there are hundreds and hundreds of entrants, late registration is open for 30 minutes, and only the top 10 make the money

you need to play position very carefully and fold premium hands sometimes

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw a video by one of the top internet players. He played two 9 man S&Gs side by side. One had a $1000US entry fee the other had a $10US entry fee.

As the tournaments were progressing he said that the $1000 game would be easier to beat than the $10 game. He ended up busting out 5th place in the $10 and won the $1000.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw a video by one of the top internet players. He played two 9 man S&Gs side by side. One had a $1000US entry fee the other had a $10US entry fee.

As the tournaments were progressing he said that the $1000 game would be easier to beat than the $10 game. He ended up busting out 5th place in the $10 and won the $1000.

I think theres a lot to be said for playing your 2 cards and not trying to make moves. It must be much easier to bluff in high stakes. Hopefully Ill find out in about a year.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On YouTube you can watch some of the big pokerstars final tables. I'm amazed at how much checking down they do on very draw heavy boards. Even considering ICM implications, they play passively post flop.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It is very hard to cash in them. same with the venom tickets

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won’t say that it’s very hard to get ITM. Before the update I was playing a lot for a few days and was getting at least one FT every day.
You have to adjust to the field in general and your opponents in particular. I don’t treat a freeroll as a proper MTT, people do play differently here.
If you were simply quite new to poker, it will take quite some time to come up with your own strategy that would fit your playing style.
I’d encourage you to think about ranges and the board, stack sizes and types of players at your table.
Good luck!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I noticed yesterday after the update there were no more freerolls. Any word on this?

At any rate, I would guess your largest adjustment needs to be pre flop raising ranges and positions OP. I'm guessing but it sounds like your "tight" game may be limping too much. Just picking up blinds in the mid and late levels of the tournament is essential. Especially in a turbo or faster format. Try raising slightly wider in position and cbetting flops that hit your perceived raising range. I'm no pro but I've finished ITM in 6 out of about 100 of them so far. You can check my stats on sharkscope.com. I have the same name there.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I also play in these freerolls. If you want to improve your results, then I recommend that you only play with strong cards and use your position at the table. I also recommend that you make notes about the players. Sometimes the notes very well help to make the right decision.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pay attention
take advantage of idiots early
don't be afraid to get it in with a marginal hand early against an idiot pushing any two
theres more freerolls registering
get chips,then tighten up

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone been able to get into their BCP/ACR account since the update ??? I sure as heck haven't been able to and it is now a week !!!

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone been able to get into their BCP/ACR account since the update ??? I sure as heck haven't been able to and it is now a week !!!

Yes, I've been able to get in to my account. You must remember the email/password you are registered with the site - automatic logins have been cleared.

The tournaments are all messed up - no freerolls outside of the occasional Venom, and even the buy-in tournaments are just the on demand versions.

Site is unplayable at the moment in my opinion.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I've been able to get in to my account. You must remember the email/password you are registered with the site - automatic logins have been cleared.

The tournaments are all messed up - no freerolls outside of the occasional Venom, and even the buy-in tournaments are just the on demand versions.

Site is unplayable at the moment in my opinion.

My old pw isn't working and nor are any of the links to reset the pw are working - I haven't been able to get in period
So uninstalled the old one , reinstalled , then had to uninstall, reinstall with a new file to save it in other then the old file - which doesn't get uninstalled ...
I am ready to uninstall and forget it !

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My old pw isn't working and nor are any of the links to reset the pw are working - I haven't been able to get in period
So uninstalled the old one , reinstalled , then had to uninstall, reinstall with a new file to save it in other then the old file - which doesn't get uninstalled ...
I am ready to uninstall and forget it !
What I did at first was uninstall then I deleted the old folder. Then I downloaded the new one, then installed.
It worked good for a bit, but today only cash holdem and omaha are there.
I am quite sure it is security related with what is going on. They have to be sure that no one can get at not only their interests but our money as well.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What I did at first was uninstall then I deleted the old folder. Then I downloaded the new one, then installed.
It worked good for a bit, but today only cash holdem and omaha are there.
I am quite sure it is security related with what is going on. They have to be sure that no one can get at not only their interests but our money as well.
For me - no problem on security as I still can't get in period.
Even after uninstalling , deleting , reinstalling , uninstalling - have lost count on how many times I have done this on 2 pc's !
Right now it is off both pc's and I am going to wait - if not after a month or so - I will be after them to send a check for my account !

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play a larger range of hands!

Secret Rival

Secret Rival

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Take a few chances, at least early on when the blinds are cheap. You don't have to go straight up like a rocket....you'll run out of fuel.

Grind a little bit, you go up a bit and down a bit, just keep yourself angled at 45 degrees, don't worry about 90 degrees.

….if that makes any sense. :D

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play very aggressive in the early stages. After the all in madness tighten up and play premium hands and bluff very rarely. Since its a freeroll there is a lot of hero calling going on.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there buddy;0) :ciao:I have played them a lot also and your right, it is hard to make the money. Because it is a freeroll you have players not caring to much about what they have and go all in with the craziest cards:0) you have to play a different way then normal. Just play more hands that you have good feelings on and hope to hit and when the times right go all in as well:0) good luck out there and keep up the grinding:D

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very hard to place ITM in ACR freerolls

there are hundreds and hundreds of entrants, late registration is open for 30 minutes, and only the top 10 make the money

you need to play position very carefully and fold premium hands sometimes

This. Once in a week is okay. Not only are there lots of entrants, the % for ITM is low and since it's a freeroll, people are more willing to gamble and luck / variance becomes a bigger factor.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think it's very difficult to reach ITM. I also play these freerolls with the same strategy, so i can not propose another strategy. I think that is the only way to achieve any result !

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with your play.
Be conscious of the fact that predictable play can be taken advantage of.
The fact that many freeroll players may call any bet with a pair.
A lot of inexperienced players will get stuck on pre-flop pairs.
Tight and semi aggressive play is a good foundation and will provide a pathway for you to grow your game as you develop through experience.