I've had the same problem with the .10, .50 rebuy - 1k guaranteed on FT. I played it on 3 different days - it would speed up enough so I had a chance to rebuy...then hang...........LOL. I am using an older puter and only have dial-up available here - one FT rep told me the # of clients in a particular tourny will slow me down immensley. Sure enough...I tried a 2100 player tourny as opposed to the 3,000+ tourny and it was playable...but major lag - but not as bad. Then I played a 1500 player tourny...faster and very playable..but still lag. I'm going to have to stick with 1500 player and less tournies on FT. Here's a few tips that might help:
Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker
We're pleased we could help you troubleshoot your tournament lag issue.
As a reminder, if you are still experiencing problems with this tournament, please try adjusting the following settings (forgive us if you've heard some of this before):
* Login to your Full Tilt Poker account
* From the [Options] menu, change the Animation setting to "Reduced" or "Off" to reduce the amount of resources required by Full Tilt Poker
* Again from the [Options] menu, change the Sound setting to "Alerts Only" or "Off"
* While you are sitting at a table or tournament, click the [Pro Chat] button in the main lobby; this area is not updated as frequently as the Table or Tournament listings, leaving more resources available for your gameplay.
* Also while sitting at a tournament, try closing the tournament lobby; leave open only the table at which you are currently sitting.
* At the tournament table, click the blue button labeled [Options]
* Under "Chat Filter", turn off the checkmark next to "Observer Chat". Additionally, you may also elect to remove the checkmarks next to "Player Chat" and "Show Tips" as well.
* If the issue persists, try setting the Dealer Messages to "Silent".
* Press [OK] when you're done
Finally, try reducing the number of tables that you are playing; close all other tables or tournaments which you may be observing while playing in a large volume tournament.
If there's anything else you need, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Full Tilt Poker Support