Do we Dare Descend into a December STT Thread

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're right AJ was spot for shove and I probably should've pushed on turn in that other hand, too. Thanks for feedback ;)

I prefer 9max because as you said you get little more time to act and also payment structure seems slightly better. But that's just me.
As for strategy I don't think I'm playing long enough to have developed one. I'm basically aggro with what I think are strong hands. And either shove or min-raise (if I have like AA I'm probably gonna min-raise instead of shoving). I need to read something on HT strategy to improve. Although I'm not complaining, still doing quite well.... but little reading on HT strategy won't hurt that's for sure :)

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're right AJ was spot for shove and I probably should've pushed on turn in that other hand, too. Thanks for feedback ;)

I prefer 9max because as you said you get little more time to act and also payment structure seems slightly better. But that's just me.
As for strategy I don't think I'm playing long enough to have developed one. I'm basically aggro with what I think are strong hands. And either shove or min-raise (if I have like AA I'm probably gonna min-raise instead of shoving). I need to read something on HT strategy to improve. Although I'm not complaining, still doing quite well.... but little reading on HT strategy won't hurt that's for sure :)
Always glad when I can provide some feedback, I often review a cash game HH in some threads and just move on because honestly not sure what opinion I could give lol.

Essentially ICM and push/fold are very importent when it comes to HT. Essentially could consider it a compacted variation of a regular stt that starts out in the middle phase and progresses quickly to the late stage. ICM in general for stt's especially is a big + to know (in progress of studying on this myself and interesting that +EV is not always +$EV :D, but makes a lot of sense). I am sure there may be a few other specific items that come into play when studying strategy for HT games but just this general items from my own stt study as of late I think transfers quite well also.

HT however are certainly not for the faint of heart that are unable to deal with varience and the swings because can get it in good and get knocked out so easily so many times in a row it does easily get to a point of frustration.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so like trip q's, or does pocket Q's count as momsters LOL.

Think i need a nap haha, played a whoping 1 DON on carbon last night for a big 88c profit :D. traffic at like 2am ET on there SUCKS lol.

Edit:
Hi my name is BluffMeAllIn and I'm a POKER ADDICT..............(audience) Hi BluffMe

but......... I LOVE IT SO FU PAA (Poker Addicts Anonymous) LOL

Lol :D ....get some sleep mate, get fresh imo.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol :D ....get some sleep mate, get fresh imo.
haha, what "fresh" i showered less than a week ago man LOL.

I just want to get in as much as I can before I leave on vacation and am more or less vacant from any online pokerz for like 2.5 weeks. I'll still be mingling around my other addition though, CC :D. Hope to have some good updates from live cash and mtt games :D.

I'm starting to think I know the problem Alfie, maybe you sleep to much :p (I love to sleep, but I dunno I feel like crap and tired even when I get lots of sleep so I might as well stay awake and enjoy some poker, especially when I'm seeing good results haha)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha, what "fresh" i showered less than a week ago man LOL.

I just want to get in as much as I can before I leave on vacation and am more or less vacant from any online pokerz for like 2.5 weeks. I'll still be mingling around my other addition though, CC :D. Hope to have some good updates from live cash and mtt games :D.

I'm starting to think I know the problem Alfie, maybe you sleep to much :p (I love to sleep, but I dunno I feel like crap and tired even when I get lots of sleep so I might as well stay awake and enjoy some poker, especially when I'm seeing good results haha)

Hahaha atleast it wasn't a bath man or you would end up falling asleep in the fkn thing....

By the time you go on holiday you will be ****'od with all the crazy hours you've done and your ass will be drained.....eat good, drink water and get 8 hours sleep then come back and crush the tables....rinse and repeat, don't get burned out to the point where you sicken yourself of the game and here....the fish will still be there when you come back lol.....fresh it up :)

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HT however are certainly not for the faint of heart that are unable to deal with varience and the swings because can get it in good and get knocked out so easily so many times in a row it does easily get to a point of frustration.
Definitely ..... but nothing tilts me anymore :D :D :p it's such a great school of self-control and teaches you oh yea, what you consider best and winning hand can lose to beauty like j3o .... so deal with it :D I definitely lost few of them in a row and if someone tilts a lot from bad beats, i'd say it's not for them haha.

For now I will do some reading on HT. Right now playing Women's Daily special (currently in 4th place with 10k yay) and trying again 180man SNGs. It's slightly annoying to get kicked out with full house over full house or KK vs AJ (ace on the river naturally) :D
Anyways, it'd be great if you decided to try out some HT games, too. We could share our ideas and strategies.

And yep get some sleep or I'm calling headmaster of PAA :p

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing 5 card stud...huge chip leader ...these guys are so bad.

Got a call from pocket tens when I had 2 A's showing after all 5 cards lol.

Haven't had a big hand or played a big pot yet.

Last edited:
DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nobody has discovered the fold button yet lol

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Still chip leader after taking 3 river beats.

Basically mashing buttons with an ace in the hole or a hidden pair over 6's here:)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Final table but have taken some crushing beats:(

9TH

Fp

Last edited:
helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the final table..... Right now I gotta walk away from HT. At least for few hours. Since I last posted I had horribad run, lost almost every tourney hand I could. QQ<AA, AK<TT, JJ<88..... HTs has been tough today. Lots of variance is getting tough to handle LOL. Just when I thought nothing can get to me. But when my AA keeps losing it makes me mad. I know that against multiple opponents it's not such a favorite, but still...... ugh.

Congrats on final table kcanuck ;) Sadly the best results I got today were from cash table. I haven't played cash games in ages and it turned out to be the most succesful game of the day lol.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the FT KD, gotta love mashing buttons and people who have no idea about the game they are playing.

ewwww on yuck varience there helpspb, hopefully it turns around.

I had a horribad night as well last night in everything, I was poking around on carbon for a bit playing some stt's and just kept getting sucked out on, like KQ vs 57 that goes allin on the flop of 67Q, bstrd turns a 5 + many other gross hands. Didn't exactly tilt start shoving but i know with how bad it was going I should have stepped away, but I kept playing games DON and turbo 9man and all ran horrible and the small br thanks to my cc win on wednesday kept shrinking and shrinking.

I didn't exactly follow a brm either and did play a few 5$ games, however do believe I broke even on those so my br crush was from 1$ and 2$ dons and others. Fun times, but still have a few bucks there that hopefully on side of grinding stars this weekend I'll be trying to grind back up. I think from now on at carbon I'll be playing the cc freeroll, and any winnings from that I'll be holding to play the cc buyin and thats about it cause i seem to keep hitting a brickwall aside from those.

I went no where near playing on stars with how bad I had been running so no updates there but hopefully the horribad run from last night doesn't follow me over there lol.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks...no cash on that...only payed top 4:( (only 30 runners)

Killer hand was my 444 with 2 cards up, one in the hole. Villain had AK spades showing, I check called figuring him for AA. 4th card for him was another spade and after about 20 reraises we got it all in. Yup, he filled his flush with card 5 and obv I didn't pair card 4.

Oh well, I grew up playing this game and best of 7, think I'll keep an eye open for them.

Edit...Don't worry about the runbad bd2, you'll come out on top. And unlucky on the league MVP, I've been second twice, I feel your pain.

Last edited:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah ic small field, am sure you will get them next time. Nasty way to lose. Only poker game I ever played before holdem was 5 card draw and some wile card variations but not really much at all.

Yeah i'm sure it will turn around. Main thing of course is the rangers won the league, no worries on MVP always another season (the early loss last night dropped me to 4th I think). After last night though wondering if maybe Alphie might be correct that i should get more sleep haha, as its something I haven't done much of the last four days or so is sleep...........nah just varience and couple of mistakes I'm sure on my part lol

A

alex5207

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Subbed - great initiative btw - Grinding the $3.50 on stars atm. Got $100BR and hoping to get it to $500 before vacation is over (Jan 5)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Posting only for posterity for when I blow this...

Lol...can't find the attachment but have 25k+ chips....latidaaa

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The pain....

*Can't find screenshot cozo drunkness;) *

and then of course..