DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah it's definitely a different game than standard or turbo. Another thing that seems obvious, but might be missed in the heat of the moment, is you can easily slow the game down by just not quick folding for a few hands.

Stack sizes seem to be more important in these much earlier timewise.

BTW KC's guides don't hold much water in these. They were aimed at larger field, larger buyin tourneys.

Waiting for another to start:)

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grrr these are taking forever to fill up lol, boooo suggestion alfie LOL

Edit: and then there seems to be an influx of people haha.

only ran two, out of 1 in like 6th, took down the other and got 2 bounties along the way + my own for 3 :D. You are right though regarding the limp/limp/limp etc and even when it come to flatting raises. Had one had with 99 i make it 120 UTG+1 and got like 6 callers, i smack a 9 on the flop put out a 300 raise into like a 700 pot and they all fricken folded though. Seems like they limp/flat to see if they can hit the miracle flop and then shut down. Was quite disappointing as I wanted to stack and take like 5 bounties right there lol.

GL in the rush KD.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol Dave:D Slow play unless an A, K or Q flops with your set. If one of those hits the board it's value town.

In these rush things post flop is easy money. Getting past preflop is the tough part. Any suggestions?

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Got shut out but it was a good "feeling out" session. Also gave me incentive to get a tracker...

I

Impressions so far....ditch all but JJ+ AQs+ early and mid position pre. Late position/blinds you can try to see a flop with small pairs, SCs and A rag suited type hands. Steal any unopened pots from the button or sb.

*Not saying this is the way to play, just trying to narrow things down (generalising for my own reference) from my limited experience*

Last edited:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played one after too, only got 75 people. I was doing well but ended up out in 19th when I ran a KQ into AQ bvb. Couldn't suck out a K no matter how much I wished for it.

I think the actual rush tournies might be better than the on demand with a bigger field. It was kinda getting on my nerves too soon into the game when i had to wait for people to be seated. I also seemed to be in EP way too often for my liking lol.

And yes, these more than anything I think if something looking to play often a tracker would certainly be very beneficial.

Edit: seems like mic has possible started up a rush fever lol.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a side note from the rush fiasco we seem to be getting into, everything just went wrong in my sng's last night on ftp :(. I told myself I had enough, closed the poker aps had a glass of water and proceeded to sit back at my desk (when should have gone to sleep) and open up Stars.

Kicked of 6 tables, 3 Fifty50 Turbo and 3 9man Turbo. Went great, binked two of the 9man's and cashed all 3 of the Fifty50's.
Kicked of another 6 same deal, cashed 2/3 5050 was down a little and binked 2/3 of the 9 mans again.
Kicked of another of the same, horribad. cashed 0/3 5050 but did managed to bink 1/3 (the 3rd one) of the 9mans to ease the pain of that session a little.

hmmm, I had another 3 5050 in between there somewhere as well as I played like 21 over couple of hours for about 15$ profit. It was trez nice considering how yucky things had been going lately, so although I am very tired today I think this will boost me motivated a little to grind the stt's :D.

At least I have some focus now, going to stick with 6 tables at a time and may continue with the combination of 3 and 3 like I was doing last night. Basically if all 3 of one type finish I will reg for 3 more of that type so I am relatively on the same levels in that type of stt I'm runing.

I should note I don't exactly have the br I would like for the 1.5$ games, but didn't want to ship any stars funds to ftp because I'm getting very tired of the traffic over there during the week evenings for stt's. Not sure mentioned in the OP but my brm comfort for stt's I want to stick within an 80-100 bi........ok i did mention a 75bi rule in my OP.

So 75 x 1.5 = 112.5, well actually after last nights session I am now rolled for these but just barely lol.

So hoping to progress through levels obviously, and will stick with a 75bi but most likely once i get up a few steps might increase for some extra cushion (probably make that decision if I hit a wall/downswing and have to drop back a level at any point).

So if I recall, on stars it goes like 1.5, 3.5, 7, ..... actually not sure what $$ for stt's comes after 7 on stars, maybe 15 lol. So although I'm not going to hit them this month, although would be awesome, for reference below will eventualy and hopefully be my progression:

BR/Limit/DropBack
112.5/1.5/NA
262.5/3.5/190
525/7/380

Basically if I hit a 20bi loss at a new level I'm dropping back. I know we don't have a lot of stt grinders it seems but what are your thoughts on that progression? Eventually I will probably increase tables again (as previously played more) but for now if 6 works I'll stick with it for a while.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you receiving any rake back or VIP points for Stars? I imagine there VIP program/Rakeback would be better then any other since they are so big and flooded with traffic.

I think I would just ship all my FTP BR into my Stars account (If this isn't what you are doing) (I'm a little confused) This way your BR is bigger and not separated.

I am not a fan of turbo anything MTT or STT so I can't really give advice on them, but I do believe they are much higher in variance and can be very difficult on a smaller BR so the more BI you have the better.

I think I would do the 100BI rule and if it dropped to 75 BI drop levels

But of course I am an idiot <--- Thinking this should be my new sig so when ever I post people will know

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you receiving any rake back or VIP points for Stars? I imagine there VIP program/Rakeback would be better then any other since they are so big and flooded with traffic.

I think I would just ship all my FTP BR into my Stars account (If this isn't what you are doing) (I'm a little confused) This way your BR is bigger and not separated.

I am not a fan of turbo anything MTT or STT so I can't really give advice on them, but I do believe they are much higher in variance and can be very difficult on a smaller BR so the more BI you have the better.

I think I would do the 100BI rule and if it dropped to 75 BI drop levels

But of course I am an idiot <--- Thinking this should be my new sig so when ever I post people will know
Hey tj, my ftp br kinda crashed and burned and was in process of recovering but ran horrible in everything last night on my last 10$ (don't even want to rethink the situations i kept getting knocked out in 5th and 4th in the stt's :mad: ). So basically wysiwyg with regards to my br between the two atm, and yes 100bi was my plan but based on 100 I'm still like 40$ short on being able to play the lowest bi stt on stars. I plan to see how it goes with 75, I have been gaining a knack for the turbos, I would have a better ROI in reg's as most would but i can basically get 2x games in the same timeframe and they get more traffic as well.

stars has the vip program, ftp i have a rake style with the edge program (although due to lack of volume on there lately some big ftp days probably going to drop off and plunk down my edge level). I tend to use my ftp's for the 10ftp and 20ftp turbo tournies on stars but if I'm planning to get into the grind I might save them as most do and use them for storm satties and take the tourny $$ and perhaps from time to time keep a ticket and play the storm FTW lol.

Also i like a change of scenery from time to time, and i loved multitabling on ftp because i remembers your table placement and size so i don't have to resize and shuffle around all the time, i reg and it goes where i want it based on where there was one placed before (love that feature wish stars had it cause i would love them that much more then lol, and perhaps im missing some settings that could make it better).

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNGs are all I play these days haha.... Some STTs too. But mostly hyper-turbo STTs. Every now and then I throw in a MTT. Gonna keep an eye on this thread. :)

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wysiwysg <----- Stared at this word for about 30 mins and I still don't know what it means

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you see is what you get“ ....says my uncle google :p

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you see is what you get“ ....says my uncle google :p

you are correct, oops guess its not that well known of an acronym lol. thanks helpspb for giving your uncle a call haha.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a couple of $3 9man standard sng on party and was gonna take it serious until I had the horribad league game and ended up tilt shoving K9o and J7s from UTG lol, can't help but get upset when I play terrible and it reflects in other games until I calm doon....will be on them tomorrow again and will post some hands in here......gl guys if you are playing tonight and well done dave on your impressive results last night...good to see man but get some fkn sleep then eat a salad :D

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eww on horribad run, i hate it and would only wish it on ..... well i sps everyone at the table with me LOL.

Sleep.....meh overrated I'll sleep when i die of sleep deprivation haha.

I'd have to win that 30k in sng's to afford the ingredients for a salad up here (maybe a little exaggeration, just a little lol), although i did recently start browsing and ordering some food items from amazon :D, haha full of LOL's this evening I am.

on another note FML cause my internet is the fckn shits this evening, can't even get ftp and stars to connect, grrrrr *** added picture, gdpos yet im connected to carbon and acr.......fckn north and satellite internet.... drag in some fiber already.....grrrrrr

Attachments

• fn internet.jpg
    fn internet.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the STT I want to play keeps disappearing... I contacted CS a couple a days ago they contacted the tourney director and it came back now its missing again...

Pretty tilting it's like they are trying to force me to play something else =(

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha dave ya madman :D last time I ordered food online they sent me an apple instead of an onion and cherries instead of grapes all because they are similiar in shape and size and never had what I asked for.....these days I brave the shit weather or send the missus out for a bag of chips n curry sauce haha..

Don't know how you can do it man, sleep is the best part of the day, would be hallucinating at the table and playing 84 thinking it was AK, after two days cray shit happens in the mind lol

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, so my internet has stopped being a pos finally (as mentioned was able to get on carbon and acr/bcp and I took down the carbon freeroll this evening yay).

hmmm should i go to bed or play some stt's, might opt for at least 1 six game session and see how she goes :)

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, so my internet has stopped being a pos finally (as mentioned was able to get on carbon and acr/bcp and I took down the carbon freeroll this evening yay).

hmmm should i go to bed or play some stt's, might opt for at least 1 six game session and see how she goes :)

Ran two sessions :D, first session the 50/50 was soso almost break even and the 9man went very nice (2 wins and a constellation prize of 2nd), second session the 9man went to muck (big zilch) but the 50/50 went ok.
3 x 1.5 5050 = 0 + 3.7 + 0
3 x 1.5 T = 5.95 + 3.56 + 5.95
3 x 1.5 5050 = 2.12 + 0 + 4.57
3 x 1.5 T = 0 + 0 + 0

Needless to say if every set of 12 went overall this well it would be amazing :D. I look forward to a massive grind on these the weekend and lets hope they continue to go as well. Wasn't really any tricky spots, as we know the nature of the turbos as blinds go up sometimes ya have to push and UL to run into a hand.

Obviously 12 games a night for the next 4-5 days isn't going to get anywhere near my original goals but before I head home for the holidays I'll get a pstars audit and combine with what I did get in on ftp and run some fun math numbers to see how it did turn out. At least now I feel more focused, and the company to the December stt thread I think helped out as well.

SO.... anyone dable in any stt's (allan perhaps you mentioned you might?), any more rush on demands for you KD.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice results .... BTW, don't you need your sleep?! LOL If I was tired and sleepy, I couldn't play at all. I'd be like "Oh whatever, let's shove K4s, such a beautiful hand" ... That's it if I could even see cards haha.

I'm still playing hyper-turbos, but I have to say it's not for people who tilt easily :D

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Took the night off last night. Will dabble in a few more tonight or tomorrow.

Looking back at my observations in this thread, ditching all pps below JJ pre would be pretty bad from middle position. Might try limping them. I hate limping but I kept getting 4 bet all in (even with 25+ bbs) when I 3 bet with them.
Thoughts?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took the night off last night. Will dabble in a few more tonight or tomorrow.

Looking back at my observations in this thread, ditching all pps below JJ pre would be pretty bad from middle position. Might try limping them. I hate limping but I kept getting 4 bet all in (even with 25+ bbs) when I 3 bet with them.
Thoughts?
I wouldn't ditch the pp<JJ but would simply be looking for pure setmining with them essentially so getting to the flop with a limp could pay dividends. Seems to be lots of aggression, and often loose aggression in them but even still often going to be facing a coin-flip vs that agression with pp<JJ.
It is very frustrating however when you hit the set and if you bet they all fold, or if you check it either gets checked around or someone minbets in which you flat but they fold to even a small turn bet to try and induce the raise or you check the turn and it gets checked around. Just the situations I ran into a few times through the ones i played where when i hit even with 22 to make a set on the flop with lik AQ or something out there they all folded out and I made nothing or very little.

It essentially feels like lots of players are playing very speculative hands and just let it go when they don't hit, or they are completely nitting it up in way they want to continue with nothing but the nuts and then you get the opposites who call all streets to suck out LOL. I think as you mentioned before, tracker/hud would probably help a lot in these once you get stats on some of the players.

GL in your next session.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the rush games, limp a little, see cheap flops, be a station and ship the momsters.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the rush games, limp a little, see cheap flops, be a station and ship the momsters.
so like trip q's, or does pocket Q's count as momsters LOL.

Think i need a nap haha, played a whoping 1 DON on carbon last night for a big 88c profit :D. traffic at like 2am ET on there SUCKS lol.

Edit:
Hi my name is BluffMeAllIn and I'm a POKER ADDICT..............(audience) Hi BluffMe

but......... I LOVE IT SO FU PAA (Poker Addicts Anonymous) LOL

Last edited:
helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It essentially feels like lots of players are playing very speculative hands and just let it go when they don't hit
LOL. If only.... If only they let it go. :p:rolleyes:

pokerstars Hand #108761705988:
Tournament #835526771, $3.31+$0.19 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2013/12/19 13:46:29 CET [2013/12/19 7:46:29 ET] Table '835526771 1' 9-max
Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Bartender654 (496 in chips)
Seat 2: helps165 (1170 in chips)
Seat 3: poker63777 (424 in chips)
Seat 4: ASD2804 (476 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: Caracciola (496 in chips)
Seat 6: LaFille640 (496 in chips)
Seat 7: jahrasta387 (10 in chips)
Seat 8: AA3895033 (496 in chips)
Seat 9: ishikawa000 (436 in chips)
Bartender654: posts the ante 2
helps165: posts the ante 2
poker63777: posts the ante 2
ASD2804: posts the ante 2
Caracciola: posts the ante 2
LaFille640: posts the ante 2
jahrasta387: posts the ante 2
AA3895033: posts the ante 2
ishikawa000: posts the ante 2
ASD2804: posts small blind 10
Caracciola: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to helps165 [Jc Qc]
LaFille640: raises 20 to 40
jahrasta387: calls 8 and is all-in
AA3895033: folds
ishikawa000: folds
Bartender654: calls 40
helps165: calls 40
poker63777: calls 40
ASD2804: folds
Caracciola: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [4s Qh 9s]
Caracciola: checks
LaFille640: checks
ASD2804 has returned
Bartender654: checks
helps165: bets 60
poker63777: calls 60
Caracciola: folds
LaFille640: calls 60
Bartender654: calls 60
*** TURN *** [4s Qh 9s] [2d]
LaFille640: checks
Bartender654: checks
helps165: bets 220
poker63777: folds
LaFille640: folds
Bartender654: calls 220
*** RIVER *** [4s Qh 9s 2d] [Qs]
Bartender654: bets 174 and is all-in
helps165: calls 174
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bartender654: shows [3s Ks] (a flush, King high)
helps165: shows [Jc Qc] (three of a kind, Queens)
Bartender654 collected 1190 from side pot
jahrasta387: shows [7c Qd] (three of a kind, Queens)

*********** # 93 ************** PokerStars Hand #108759504520: Tournament #835502941, $3.31+$0.19 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2013/12/19 12:32:14 CET [2013/12/19 6:32:14 ET] Table '835502941 1' 9-max
Seat #3 is the button Seat 1: fara-rah (496 in chips)
Seat 2: grampus7 (486 in chips)
Seat 3: helps165 (574 in chips)
Seat 4: Ex_suspect (476 in chips)
Seat 5: chrigi24 (456 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: xaudi (570 in chips)
Seat 7: gamad777 (476 in chips)
Seat 8: sipasekya (416 in chips)
Seat 9: Shatil09 (550 in chips)
*** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to helps165 [Js Ac]
xaudi: raises 30 to 60
gamad777: folds
sipasekya: calls 60
Shatil09: calls 60
fara-rah: folds
grampus7: folds
helps165: calls 60
Ex_suspect: folds
chrigi24: folds
*** FLOP *** [2h 7c Jc]
xaudi: checks
sipasekya: checks
chrigi24 has returned
Shatil09: bets 487 and is all-in
helps165: calls 487
xaudi: folds
sipasekya: folds
*** TURN *** [2h 7c Jc] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [2h 7c Jc Qs] [8c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Shatil09: shows [Qh 9s] (a pair of Queens)
helps165: shows [Js Ac] (a pair of Jacks)
Shatil09 collected 1286 from pot

Last edited:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey helpspb, yeah guess those players didn't want to let anything go. I know they are hypers so it is somewhat differerent however in the situations:

Hand 1: 60 into ~200 pot, I would have bet bigger and then jammed the turn when the flush draw didn't hit to try and prevent them from continueing if the fd was being seeked.

Hand 2: with the AJ I would have jammed pre having 2 limpers behind, as played however very unlucky because you were shoved on called with the best hand and got UL on the turn.

Again these are HT and you have more experience with them than I, but I certainly wouldn't want to go to a flop with 4 others in a HT holding only AJ thus my thought on the shove pre as if all folded you were picking up like 200 chips with ease :D

Thoughts on my thoughts? I do like the HT, and may eventually dable in them because they are great rake and thus VIP level builders when it comes to stars even if could manage a small +ROI in the long run.

Do you follow a specific strategy when playing them, also I see your playing the 9max I am guessing you prefer those over the 6 max and do you find any big differences between them? Obv the 9 max is nice because with quick blinds they don't hit you as quickly so you have some more time to pick up a hand.