***April Sng Thread***

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i cant get the damn screen recording working properly.. ive recorded two sets of 4 tabling. and it wont work.. back to the drawing boards.. im not going to pay for a friggin screen recorder... if anyone knows of one, for free let me know..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.1500 sng at least
2.break intothe top 20 total profit on shark scope for $2-$5 games at least top 20, id be happy with top 10..
3.get either a bigger screen or set up two screens so i can 24 table instead of 15 table. hopefully i can get two screens set up so i can 30 table :D
4.keep clearing bonuses on stars.. wont be aiming for anything special this year. already too far behind. .but next year will be going for supernova again. maintain at least gold.. hopefully if i get close enough ill push for platinum, bit hard at the 3.40's though lol.. unless i mix in cash games.

might as well do this now, i wont be playing until next month..

1. umm, yeah, not even close. i havent played realy at all this month, apart from the first week. about 300 games.. not good
2.could have, if i played, around 150 off the bottom. not going to try in the next month.
3.succesful. playing 25 tables currently. looking at 30 next month. i recently switched to piling so its a lot easier. plus i can still input notes thanks to new note system in stars.
4.cleared a few, but blew it on MTT's.. sigh..

Attachments

• graphy graph.JPG
    graphy graph.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 61
tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i cant get the damn screen recording working properly.. ive recorded two sets of 4 tabling. and it wont work.. back to the drawing boards.. im not going to pay for a friggin screen recorder... if anyone knows of one, for free let me know..

A screen recorder? I've never used one but I heard camstudio was pretty good. I've never used it and I think it's free. If it's totally shit then my bad lol. P

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 6 $11 sng's at FT and they went 5-4-4-2-1-1 - so I am glad I played them.

I need to earn about 200 more ftp's at FT by the end of April to qualify for a WSOP freeroll so will probably play enough to do that.

is this an open freeroll?

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has to be better than March!
  1. Maintain my Gold Star status
  2. Play at least 600 sng's.
  3. Watch every sng video I can get my hands on at Stox in case they don't move them to CR.
  4. Cash in 1 of the 2 tournaments I play in at the Spring Break Poker Classic in Biloxi next week!
Here's to everyone having a fantastic month!
What is Stox? Is that here at CC? Good goal setting...thx for giving me this idea. My best, Wally

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pulse check.

I've done fairly well in April, considering I only play 1 or 2 SnG's a night. bankroll is now around $35 on Full Tilt, up from below $10 in March. Not bad considering I played less than 100 games this month.

BR management question: I've become fairly fond of $2.25 9 & 18-player SnG's. I'm using a 20x BR management strategy for the buy-ins right now. (anything less than $20 mandates a $1 buy-in) Next bump will be once I reach $50 in the roll.

Too conservative?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say for $2.25 SNG's, 20BI's is just about right (if anything it is on the loose side), if you dropped any lower than that you'd have to move down, though. As you move further up in stakes, I'd suggest having more BI's.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is recommended that you have around 50 bi's.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is recommended that you have around 50 bi's.

That's a good safe all purpose recommendation.

At the end of the day the answer is really going to depend on a lot of factors. Comfort level, ROI and ability to reload are certainly things to consider.

For some, 20 would be plenty (if you have the ability to quickly reload), for others 50 wouldn't be enough.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phew, I'm kind of having an awesome week. Up to 980$ for an 80$ day all at the turbo 22$ hu sng's. But man my heart is racing everytime I enter a pot. Guess I'm just too hopped up on sugary drinks and nicotine, well at least I'm still playing good poker in this state of mind.
Hope I at least make it to 1050, a 12BI week would be sweet. Also I have 10 games left 'till I make silverstar status!!!

Anyway just checking in, the stress is building up. Guess I still have to get comfortable playing the stakes I'm at.

On another note I have a pretty awesome anime you should check out(if you're into that). It's called 'Legendary Gambler Tetsuya', it's about mahjong, the asian equivalent of poker :)

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent somewhere. :D

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've been moving up really quick! Good work. How many games have you played at each level? Do you notice any difference in skill?

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've been moving up really quick! Good work. How many games have you played at each level? Do you notice any difference in skill?

I've probably played about 200 at the 5 and 10$ levels, then about 50 at the 22$ turbos.

About skill, I don't notice much of a difference so far, although the fish/reg ratio is certainly dropping. But even the heavy grinders make mistakes and start steaming at some point, the tough one will be the 55$ level, I'm thinking that will be a real minefield. Seen a lot of decent grinders at my level who dropped down from the 55$ ones because they got destroyed.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok my april goals. --mostly failed
1. play atleast 500 sngs.
--1169 games 4.8%roi
2. add some 45 mans into the mix
--fail can't seem to get used to mixing 45mans and 9mans
3. get atleast silver star
--fail stopped at bronze but enjoyed a poker free week(so nice)
4. review before each session
--fail but have been doing mostly super turbos
5. make sure to mark spots and review them
--marked a ton then unmarked every single one of them by mistake before i got to review them duh...so many good spots too ones i was on the fense about too.:eek: :eek: :eek:
6. post more hands than last month
--fail i need to post more often for sure.
7. finish phil shaw's book
--fail i can't really get into it. i do got a question to ask phil about when i get my CR back.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grind at least 100 sngs a week

- Done apart from this week where I tried turbos and messed about then didnt really play after that

Add an extra table or two

- fail

Profit

-done

Hit silver as side effect of the grind

-done

Try and learn some math of poker (really learn not just oh well I only have to call this much so must be good pot odds or I have maybe 30% chance of hitting lol try to actually learn the numbers)

Didnt study too much, I have a basic grasp of the numbers but need to study further, I did read some of Shaws and Moshmans books though.

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been a while since I've played poker in general, but I'm really looking forward to getting down on this next month mostly because how amazing I ran this week.

I tried grinding up in free chips to sell those and get a BR but I got really bored so I put 10$ on last Saturday.

This week I've played 20 tournies, with a 147.0 %ROI; 75%ITM; and made 11.13 $/hr. None of that really means much since its such a small sample, but it's really fun to look at.

I'm up to a 120$ BR and am currently in 6th place with 513 points on the pokerstars Mars board which if it holds will give me an extra 80$ (or 75 cause there is another guy tied for 6th and I'm supposing it adds us up then /2).

Anyway... hopefully my run will continue on into next month and I'm gonna set some bigger volume goals or at least more time played...I don't think I have the BR to mega multi table right now and I definitely know I don't have the skill. I've been playing 1-3 tables at a time. I can just feel my play getting worse when I play 3 though and it becomes super obvious when there are 4 or fewer people at a couple tables.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. play 300 SnG's
2. finnish reading Colin Moshman's book "SnG Strategy".
3. Maybe take a stab at 22$ SnG's

Not even close to reaching any of my goals.
1. My months total was less than 200 games.
2. I have come to page 90 in mr Moshmans book.
3. The way I have played this month I havent even thought about moving up.

Graph link: http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=14627387&pnid=2&tt=2&gt=4&w=900&h=300&days=30&fromdate=03/31/2010

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
April Goals

Play as much as I can Fail as I played cash games on FeltStars
Post 4 hands Fail see above
Review games in SNGWIZ Fail see above
Enjoy the CC League (can't really be called a SNG league anymore) Pass, Team Tsunami is great!!
Play at card club at least 8 times this month Fail did play 6 times
Read Phil Shaw book Fail been too busy

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals for this month:
1. Put in a decent amount of volume (~15 HU sng's a day)
2. Make Silverstar
3. Get my ROI up to an unrealistic 20%+ :)

But it's ok, seems relatively achievable, the games are pretty soft at 10$+50c HU.

1. done
2. DONE!!
3. Strangely I did lol, but that's due to a strange lucky streak at the 23$ turbo HU sng's (sharkscope says ~25% XD)

total br for the end of the month: 1146$

kind of surpassed my montly goals by a huge margin, so all is good.

Just played a donkament with some friends, was fun. I'm taking an early leave, see you guys next week.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  1. Maintain my Gold Star status - Fail lol
  2. Play at least 600 sng's. - fail - played 310
  3. Watch every sng video I can get my hands on at Stox in case they don't move them to CR. - watched a few, saved a few
  4. Cash in 1 of the 2 tournaments I play in at the Spring Break Poker Classic in Biloxi next week! - fail
But it still ended up being a better month than March!

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Play at least 40 SNG's
2. ROI > 20%
3. Finish Moshmann book - carried over from last month
4. Play more aggressively and not get pushed out of so many pots...
5. Read more of the HH's on this thread as it continues during the month.

GL to all!

My results:

1) Fail - did 31
2) errr fail - 0.6%!! Hey at least it's a profit!
3) Pass - finished the book. May have to re-read again soon though..!
4) Not a complete success and my C Bet % actually went down.
5) Pass - read quite a few more and posted one myself