***April Sng Thread***

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I meant HJ, not KJ, lolol.

And thanks for the quick reply WiZZiM, a lot of that makes sense. I should have said I'd never limp after the first few levels without a good reason, and you mentioned many...

hahaha, ohh the hijack, yeah cool, that makes a lot more sense...

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://yfrog.com/42tourneywinp

Apparently cardschat won't let me post images, but you can check out for yourself, images speak louder than words.
Needless to say I'm happy about this outcome. 8 Turbo HU matches played and won, which makes my BR smile at a happy 800$. 40$ in KO bounties too :).

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good God! (sorry belgo)

I just accidentally played a Super Turbo Matrix SNG when I thought I was signing up for a regular one. You know these are the things where you get 300 chips and play push/fold.

I hope I never do that again. I would rather hit myself in the face with a length of chain.

That said I did finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th and 2nd overall which means I won a little.

Man, when I saw the 300 chips I nearly vomited. :)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just accidentally played a Super Turbo Matrix SNG when I thought I was signing up for a regular one. You know these are the things where you get 300 chips and play push/fold.

Didn't know those existed. Looks like a great plan to turn FTP points into cash.

Buy tickets with points
Play Super Turbo Matrix
?????
Profit!

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played the matrix super turbos but am totally hooked on the (reg) super turbos. :rolleyes:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i played 20 of them today, they take about 20 minutes to finish, and if your push/fold game is decent there is some money to be made. of course i expect there to be more variance, but, i think the upside, is that the games at the moment are much softer at the 5-10 levels, and also, i can play the same amount of sng in a day but take half the time, sounds like a winner to me.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I don't belong anywhere anymore. :(

Last edited:
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nice thing about super turbos is that the rake has been reduced with the last update iirc. So a $26 step3 ticket can be used to play a $25+1 game. 4% rake is pretty decent, imo.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i noticed that belgo, even the rake on the lower games is reduced....

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used ftp's to buy a step 2 ticket last night and won 2 in a row and now have a step 4 ticket. I am trying to decide whether to use it for a $75 tournament or go one more round and get a $215 - if I win lol.

I have enought ftp's to buy 1 more step 2 ticket so I guess I will do that. Ftp's seem to be pretty worthless at FT so I guess that is the best use for them.

The steps seem fairly soft there - I guess because they are new. They are much tougher at PS.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man an 11 game winning streak. I'm starting to get scared of playing, it's just weird.

I used ftp's to buy a step 2 ticket last night and won 2 in a row and now have a step 4 ticket. I am trying to decide whether to use it for a $75 tournament or go one more round and get a $215 - if I win lol.

I have enought ftp's to buy 1 more step 2 ticket so I guess I will do that. Ftp's seem to be pretty worthless at FT so I guess that is the best use for them.

The steps seem fairly soft there - I guess because they are new. They are much tougher at PS.

Well the FPP sats are still better than any of the bonuses. And keep the 75$, you'll be sorry if you don't :p. Anyway if you do try for the next round much luck.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

play and win a seat in the main event. go deep in the ME. see how upset your husband is for you staying in vegas for like 17 years without him.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play and win a seat in the main event. go deep in the ME. see how upset your husband is for you staying in vegas for like 17 years without him.

Yea - I am sure an extra week or 2 there won't hurt. :p

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I expect to keep this ITM% or is this just running good?

I haven't had a crazy amount of luck or anything. Matter of fact I have mostly just played tight.

Attachments

• Snapshot 202.jpg
    Snapshot 202.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 62
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I expect to keep this ITM% or is this just running good?

I haven't had a crazy amount of luck or anything. Matter of fact I have mostly just played tight.

sample size way too small, you could just be on the good side of variance, and no you cant expect this ITM% something around 40% would be killing these games. no matter how good a player you are, you WILL go on big winning streaks like this, BUT you WILL go on big losing ones too.. what seperates the good players from the bad is how you handle these losing streaks, some players think they are playing badly and change their game others go on tilt and change there game, just keep reviewing your hands, make sure your making the right shoves/right moves and the rest will take care of itself.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sample size way too small, you could just be on the good side of variance, and no you cant expect this ITM% something around 40% would be killing these games. no matter how good a player you are, you WILL go on big winning streaks like this, BUT you WILL go on big losing ones too.. what seperates the good players from the bad is how you handle these losing streaks, some players think they are playing badly and change their game others go on tilt and change there game, just keep reviewing your hands, make sure your making the right shoves/right moves and the rest will take care of itself.

Thanks for the advice - I'm gonna try to keep it up!

:)

edit: how many games is a big enough sample?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea - I am sure an extra week or 2 there won't hurt. :p

My luck would be that I would get past Day 1b in the Main Event and not have enough room left on the credit card to stay in the hotel until day 2b... :cool:

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well right now I am enjoying the lack of pressure to play sng's every time I have spare time. I didn't realize what an impact it was having on my life and schedule until I stopped.

On the other hand if it weren't for the rush MTT's and sng's I played this weekend I probably would have been having withdrawals lol.

At any rate - after having a losing month last month and finding myself $500 down halfway through this month something has to change. I am not going to spend 1k a month grinding sng's. So I am taking a break and mulling things over. I will probably experiment a little bit with other formats.

A couple of things are for certain. I would derive little or no pleasure from playing $1 or $2 games. I was also deriving no pleasure from getting crushed at $6.50 and $11 games.

And to me poker is like sex. Why do it if you don't enjoy it? And I find myself unable to give up either lol. (Not that I have tried on the sex mind you hehe).

I had a blast playing the rush games this weekend. I played a couple of mtt's yesterday and had a small cash in one of them. It was all fun. I enjoyed playing poker again for the first time in ages.

So - I will go where I find pleasure. :)

(I could elaborate on my comparisons - they are flowing in my head but I will be good lol)
Thought you could let it all out in a Badbeat thread, it may help out some, letting it all build up is not good.:)
Thought you could try a RUSH ring game..

Oh i am up 18.00 after dropping 6.60.
Also the STs are fun 3rd place in 1.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just found a good screen recorder, am thinking about doing a sng video, umm what would you guys like to see? should i do like 4tables of turbos, then review session in sng wiz? is it worth doing one at all?

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just found a good screen recorder, am thinking about doing a sng video, umm what would you guys like to see? should i do like 4tables of turbos, then review session in sng wiz? is it worth doing one at all?

Maybe a deepstack or KO sng, anyway something special would be cool :p. The simple 9-man turbos are good too, then we'd get some nice insight into how you play.

Just played a guy deepstack no blind increase HU by mistake. If I could play the guy I just played over and over, my BR would skyrocket. He basically limped every suited hand and tried to make a flush... He was pretty happy going all in, but didn't notice the board had paired lol.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Please do so Wiz I am thinking of trying some turbos from next month going from 18 to 9 mans so I would love to see a 4 table vid and since I am thinking of getting sng wiz that too, maybe two seperate vids?

I may be taking you up on the review offer next month :D

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah ok, ill play a set of 4, then ill review them and go into further detail about spots i encountered, running them into sng wiz, etc. if the video is well recieved then i can do something like a KO tourney, or perhaps a super turbo or 18 man or 45 man sng, although they take a pretty long time, which is why id prefer to just do the 9 mans... plus its what im best at :D