***April Sng Thread***

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm letting out a long sigh after breaking the 300$ barrier again, rough patch this morning, but that won't get to me.
Played 29 games today so I'm ok for volume. Two tabling is going fine, but it takes a higher psychological toll on you than 1-tabling.

Btw, does anyone know if there's a way to reduce the rake on stars? When you put in that amount of games the rake becomes a pretty huge factor. There's no other way than FPP to get rakeback right? Then what do you spend yours on?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, VPP, you clear those bonuses, it's their form of rakeback, but, you dont really get good rakeback until you get platinum, or supernova.

i generally try to get bonuses, like, for 5k fpp i get a $50 bonus.
or for 25kfpp i can get a 285 one.
but yeah, it could be hard to accumulate points if your only playing 29 games per day.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, VPP, you clear those bonuses, it's their form of rakeback, but, you dont really get good rakeback until you get platinum, or supernova.

i generally try to get bonuses, like, for 5k fpp i get a $50 bonus.
or for 25kfpp i can get a 285 one.
but yeah, it could be hard to accumulate points if your only playing 29 games per day.

I know its harder work but why not play the 210fpp 18 man sat to the sunday quarter mill 18 player 6 get 11 t dollars when you unregister. You could probally double that 50 dollar bonus or at least get more than 50.

Trying turbos today trying to adjust was playing too many hands then too few lol.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 280FPP hyper turbos to the sunday lotto are pretty soft too.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played 8 donkaments today, with a 50 bux profit.
More or less gave away my stack in two of those, on the bubble :banghead: . Both times with a good stack. So not very happy about that, but I guess the result is still ok.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They the 500 chip ones? They do my head in lol but I have to say I have only played a few.

i just barely have time to play sng's and post here. letalone play in sattelites, its a good idea though...

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just barely have time to play sng's and post here. letalone play in sattelites, its a good idea though...

When I used to play dollar games id use the t$ from them to take shots at higher games Id say save them up and just spend a day playing them some of them are really soft.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone playing the knockout stts? What adjustments are needed, how many ko's does a decent stt player avg playing standard tight early, aggressive late, stt strategy?

Just trying $4 one now, and have multiple 60+ vpip players which is unusual even at these stakes...are these going to attract alot more loose/bad players than regular stts and result in higher sustainable ROI?

Seems like you can play basically the same game (but of/c have to expect to be called more often on shoves), the kos will balance out in the long run, likely get more people going nuts early which is obviously great, and its slightly lower rake too when bounties are included.

Last edited:
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos are frustrating me I cannot win a flip and any raise is getting pounced on with a all in re-raise, which isnt ideal because nearly every 2nd or 3rd hand is all-in or calling an all in and I am getting close to the bubble or bubbling alot. I guess I need to start making detailed notes on players and ranges. ARg just happened again, breathe mac breathe,

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I don't use PT or HeM I don't have data, but sharkscope makes my life a big easier. Anyway here's my graph.

lifetimegraph.png

Pretty ugly huh? Well I like the last part :p.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You could easily play 7-8 of these in the time it takes to play one STT.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm now getting hooked on these super turbos. I was hooked before but now I'm showing some signs of beating them don't think I can ever stop playing them. What a fast and fun way to grind out a bonus. ;)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gawd, i think i should stay away,, although, anything to get me interesting in playing poker again would be a plus, havent played for about a week now, minus the league game today.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am doing better at the turbos so gonna stick with them for a while. Not crushing them - but making small gains. They are absolutely loaded with regs though and you can not avoid them no matter what you do. And these are the $6.50's- would hate to see the next level.

Honestly - trying to table select is just a joke. If you wait til the regs have loaded up a gazillion tables and go the bottom and start some you still find them there when your tables pop up. And if you try to be one of the last ones on the table you have to sit with regs period.

You would never get to play if you waited for tables with no regs. And these regs are crushing the turbos - look them up and their profits are anywhere from 5k-35k.

With that said I can still cash on more turbo tables than I can regular speed right now (which has far less regs lol).

It is rarely the regs who take my chips and/or knock me out. When I get knocked out or lose a substantial number of chips it is almost always a bad beat by a fish.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am doing better at the turbos so gonna stick with them for a while. Not crushing them - but making small gains. They are absolutely loaded with regs though and you can not avoid them no matter what you do. And these are the $6.50's- would hate to see the next level.

Honestly - trying to table select is just a joke. If you wait til the regs have loaded up a gazillion tables and go the bottom and start some you still find them there when your tables pop up. And if you try to be one of the last ones on the table you have to sit with regs period.

You would never get to play if you waited for tables with no regs. And these regs are crushing the turbos - look them up and their profits are anywhere from 5k-35k.

With that said I can still cash on more turbo tables than I can regular speed right now (which has far less regs lol).

It is rarely the regs who take my chips and/or knock me out. When I get knocked out or lose a substantial number of chips it is almost always a bad beat by a fish.

I have been trying the turbo 3$ 18 mans and encounter the same problems my hands just getting outdrawn, I dont know weather to go back to reg speed or spend some time at the 1$ turbos to get used to them......

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

they might be "regs" but most of them arnt good, either they shove too much, or they are too tight, whatever there leaks, they will have some, you really need to get a solid read on them and exploit the hell out of them. but your right, there are a few, and the 16's are a lot worse... the 6.50's should be still fairly easily beatable. ive been trying to stick to the 3.40's but to hell with it, ill be moving up to 6.50's next week.. sorry dakota, i dont play at the same time as you anyhow :D

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they might be "regs" but most of them arnt good, either they shove too much, or they are too tight, whatever there leaks, they will have some, you really need to get a solid read on them and exploit the hell out of them. but your right, there are a few, and the 16's are a lot worse... the 6.50's should be still fairly easily beatable. ive been trying to stick to the 3.40's but to hell with it, ill be moving up to 6.50's next week.. sorry dakota, i dont play at the same time as you anyhow :D

I am this player you talk about right now the small downswing I am on has turned my game into a very passive one just realised atm I am always giving the opponant the inititive instead of trying to control pot size or bet 2nd pair on the flop guess I shall work on this today.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You better stay off of my tables! :p

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You better stay off of my tables! :p

Hmm ... Then we should be able to have some CC only tables soon on 6.5$ turbo :D
And Wizzim if you don't play with her because of time effect then you will probably have to deal with me ;) (At least until the time this silly French law take effect which should be somewhere next month or so. :mad:)
And don't be shy to play with her she was fair enough to let me win the one we played together yesterday :p;)

As for table selection the way they fill it is almost impossible to select and anyway as it has been said "regs" are very soft and exploitable at these stakes. At first I was trying to take a look at my opponent results each time they made a huge move at early game to see if they know a bit what this game is. I took so many beats even after seeing those players were donks and my QQ are good for a go that now I even didn't bother and stick to my early game play no matter if I'm facing a regular or not. And with 150 SNG played and 15% ROI it's still a bit soon to say that's the good startegy but it's strongly looks like ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - nico, I didn't even notice you were on some of my tables until right before I went out on one of them. Then I noticed you were on the one we both ended up cashing in. I tried to get your damn chips lol.

I didn't talk til the end cause there are so many who will jump at the chance to scream collusion when they see people who know each other - especially on multiple tables. But it should have been quite obvious on that last table we were not soft playing each other hehe.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannot take it anymore, dont think me playing 18 mans turbos are a good fit, I am not able to play them right for one and when I get in ahead I am getting called by hands that hit their weak kicker just had AA called an all in and woosh AQ I was already waiting for the ten on the river after the flop gave him a straight draw, it seems that I just cannot win a flip and due to fact there are quite a few players left when it comes to the stage where people just push atc and in alot of cases rightly so but I am getting destroyed at them.

I can also say that for the most part I have the better hand when forced to flip or when I push, doesnt matter what my stack size is people dont want too fold and I cannot get over the results orientated thinking i was sitting at 950 leaderpoints before I started them and in 30 odd games, shows me I dont understand the format.

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you can try to exploit the "regs" is to steal the blinds in the early game. You are right the turbo's are full of "regs" I'm even seeing some at the smallest super turbos on fulltilt.