ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In recent years we have seen that many video games are considered E-sport titles such as cs.go, league of legends, dota. Do you consider these games an electronic sport? For me it cannot be called a sport if it does not require physical effort.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider video games a sport. Sport is that in which there is movement and effort.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people who don't like to get their ass off the couch may say that they are experiencing serious loads in sports such as online video games. When entertainment is equated with sports, it devalues real sports.
maxresdefault-2.jpg

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider video games a sport :)

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutely not, sport has to involve physical effort in my opinion, and classifying it as a sport is absurd!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The most important feature of games is their motivational power.Nowadays, eSports is a hobby for a large part of young society. Many people like to play computer games, I think this is a sport for brain development.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport means physical efforts so if you paly and stay hours maybe we can say that is 50% Sport ;-)

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In recent years we have seen that many video games are considered E-sport titles such as cs.go, league of legends, dota. Do you consider these games an electronic sport? For me it cannot be called a sport if it does not require physical effort.
What you listed is a sport, no doubt about it. Chess doesn't have the physical component of a sport either, but still, chess is officially a sport. I don't play dota or cs:go, but I can see how much training it takes to play at the same level as players from NaVi or EvilGeniuses, for example. :cool:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I think it's a sport because you play sports games and develop and increase your level of play and become stronger just like in sports, you first raise a small barbell and then add more and more kilograms, just as in online games people try and increase their level

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sports are typically associated with physical activity and effort. However, I view it as sport from a mental and competitive perspective,
particularly team games like CS:GO and Dota. I used to play a lot of dota, which is the most intricate and mentally taxing game ever.
It has a great deal of depth in addition to being a complex game. Dota also involves a lot of individual and team decision making throughout the match,
in addition to requiring a high level of mechanical skills and micro gameplay.
By the way, the International Olympic Committee recognizes chess as a sport. Chess is also regarded as a sport in more than 100 nations.
It just a matter of time till those e sports games are seen as sport by the Olympic Commitee. :geek:(y)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not at all.Video games are like poker a good mental game.If you reach an excellent level in both games you can earn good money

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
an esport maybee but not like a physical sport on the same level as football etc

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I consider some computer games to be sports. And by the way, in cyber sports, the player's physical efforts are also required, and not a small effort. First of all, it is endurance, in addition, reaction speed and concentration are also very important, and it is really not as simple as it seems.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't be a sport. Sport must take a physical effort to be called as a sport. I can't call even poker and chess which needs only mental effort.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call it a mental sport like chess. In E-Sport events, the players are the best of the bests. I often watch World of Tanks tournaments and this game needs a lot of knowledge (eg weak spots of hundreds of tanks, reload time, penetration for all grenades, mobility, map) and like in chess it needs a basic talent.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Neither checkers nor chess, moreover video games, can't be considered sports. Sport is a physical exercise and for example chess is intellectual exercise.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think they're not sports, they're more mental entertainment than sports.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each person has their own analyses and judgments, in my opinion it is not a physical sport but a mental sport

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I enjoy it; I also place bets on Dota 2 for some variety, and I follow the Na'Vi team. However, their Dota 2 team isn't very strong at the moment.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On October 12th, there will be an international Dota 2 event in Seattle, and I will definitely be following it. I'll be rooting for Team Azur Ray, especially my favorite player Maybe. I'll also be supporting SMG, the team with the Ukrainian player Noone.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
No it s a Kids game, it shouldnt be on bets.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definition of Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

So in my opinion it is not a sport because it involves physical exertion and skill. If the wording said physical exertion or skill then I would say yes.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not consider video games as a sport. That doesn't mean it is not complex and difficult.

J

Jaiymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
To be honest I think the point of sports is the competition within a game, not some arbitrary increase in heart rate. Having said that, there's no need to group competitive gaming/esports with sports.

Top 10 Games