Rush Poker!

P

PokerBrat010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RUSH POKER RAKE

How will they calculate rake on these hands.
because its the dealt rake method.
and you are dealt so many hands are youR RAKE WOULD GO THRU THE ROOF.
HOW DOES this work?
anyone know

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok done for the day
nice result (1k day overall) graph is all rush, last 600 hands 100nl which did weird things to the redline for some reason.

dfgdgv.jpg

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of no flop hands = lots of no rake hands

Played for about 25 min up $9. will need to run it through poker tracke to see #of hands and rake etc.

FT like it if you rack up a lot of rake.

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn points a lot faster, so it won't take as long to earn iron man if that interests you.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn points a lot faster, so it won't take as long to earn iron man if that interests you.

I'm curious how much faster it is than say just like 6 tabling or something.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok ran it through PT3. 121 hands in 26 Min. $9 profit

37.19 BB/100 (unsustainable IMO)
$20.77/hour
Rake=$1.77
MGR=$1.28

Edit: This was $10nl btw

Last edited:
P

PokerBrat010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but RAKE shouldnt go up.
Fulltilt uses the DEALT METHOD

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fun. Sort of the speed chess of poker. I wonder how long till the lower levels are kinda solved.

Not available at my preferred stakes though. ;)

N

No Aces 4 U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish I was bankrolled for it... I had 50$ and down to 30$... variance is just too much for me.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy money easy go. I won $50, lost $20. Variance started to catch up. Gotta quit while I'm still ahead. It's not poker but still fun.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well and the thing is... if it IS like the speed chess of poker it will be massively addictive and it WILL change (online) poker at least a little.

I already hear a lot of folks saying "This isn't poker".

What's funny, is the analogue to the gruff old "speed chess isn't chess" purists will be today's cyberplayers sitting behind 15 tables and huds.

What they (we?) define as "poker" now is quite different from the game of even 5 years ago. The online game too.

Well now... I just scratched together enough playmoney to buy in short. ;) I think i will give it a little spin. :)

LOL RUSHAMENTS

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's awesome if you like to play your cards. It's terrible if you like to play your opponents.

exactly. ie. guy calling me down w A8o OOP when I 3bet pre w AK in LP, .... now who was that guy again??... oh... he's gone :(

I played around on 10NL and won 3buyins in ~10mins. this morning & another 5buyins in 30mins. this evening. (single tabling). Around 50FTPs on 10NL in less than 30mins.
stacking two players off with AA one hand was kinda nice (had big 3bet called by K5s & AJo pre,and reraise me on the flop & both calling a shove... weeee (w top set vs. fl drw...and TPgK).
Also noticed some players playing 10NL were sitting with $70 & $80 and lots at around $50. Hardly any shortstackers at all but plenty sitting with 40 or 50bb's.

anyways... pretty sick game imo. No reads = kinda lame but was better than playing MahJong (or MyDong)

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing that could make this better was if I had Rakeback on FT. Up 4 Buyins at 50NL tonight.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK.. So I played a few billion hands on 2 tables of 10nl rush on FTP.

I don't see how it is different from regular poker in the slightest!

I still play way too many hands.
People named things like @#^GiGaNtOBALLS*$& are either maniacs or weak-passive.
My set of kings gets run over by a flush on the river.

But seriously... It was kinda fun, though having very little reads is kinda unfun. I say "very little" because you WILL see the same players after a while.

I was annoyed more than once making a mental note about the player in seat X after a showdown, and then starting to apply that info on "him" during the next hand.

I was up/down/up/down/ and waaaay deep in the end. I finished down unfortunately. :( I wish I was rolled for 10nl over there, I'd play it occasionally for fun. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Last edited:
C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and one other quick idea. This game might just breathe new life into the most paranoid of Rigstophers. Just imagine all the new permutations of patheticness. Here let me get the ball rolling with a nice new one.

Who's to say FT wouldn't every now and then... just once in a blue moon... move you to a table filled with FTP robots and deal you quads? Miracle river brings a straight flush to robot #5 and *poof* you are on a table filled with real players again.

I know. I am doing the poker community a disservice, and should be insta-banned.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I played for 30 minutes this morning, 3 tabling rush 100nl FR and I got about 270 points. So 4 tabling it i guess i can get the 200 points for ironman in less than 20 minutes ?

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let stalk some strategie. What is the most profitable way to beat these games?
My observations are for 6max. i try to steal raising 2xbb - 2.5xbb. 3 bet from blinds a lot. cbets seems to be increased a lot in value both ip and oop but 2nd barrels decreased imo (as bluffs).
Also it creates a lot of very deepstacks (i have seen people that are 1000-1500bbsdeep) and and most of the people have no idea how to play a deepstack. so marginal hands increases a lot in value imo.
what do you guys think?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly. ie. guy calling me down w A8o OOP when I 3bet pre w AK in LP, .... now who was that guy again??... oh... he's gone :(

Lol I lost 10 bucks to someone calling me on every street chasing the flush and they finally got it on the river, He all inned 14 bucks on the turn with the draw, I was so mad I actually left and went to the HH to get his name and have him added to my find player list. I will see that donkey again. I went back in after and played for another 20 min but didn't come across him.:(

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I lost 10 bucks to someone calling me on every street chasing the flush and they finally got it on the river, He all inned 14 bucks on the turn with the draw, I was so mad I actually left and went to the HH to get his name and have him added to my find player list. I will see that donkey again. I went back in after and played for another 20 min but didn't come across him.:(

Now, now Pooffy. You know that steaming isn't a very good thing & revenge isn't a very good tactic when you are angry. Simmer down LOL :D

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let stalk some strategie. What is the most profitable way to beat these games?

I tried to open-raise 100% for part of a 50nl 6max rush session. I think people are nitty enough that it's not a huge mistake to play that way, even though it does put you in nasty situations postflop. I ended up breaking even over a session where i played 43/38 and 3bet 12% overall.

Obviously playing nittier than that is a better idea... :)

The funny thing is that you don't need to balance ranges at all, so you can try out super unbalanced strategies just for kicks.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, now Pooffy. You know that steaming isn't a very good thing & revenge isn't a very good tactic when you are angry. Simmer down LOL :D
Lol I am over it, however I will search for them before I sit to play at FT because someone that loose will pay me, maybe after I loose a few buyins to their luck, but they cannot get lucky forever, lol

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I am over it, however I will search for them before I sit to play at FT because someone that loose will pay me

Probably ok at 10nl, but i'd be really careful if this was 100nl as a lot of really good higher stakes players have moved down to have some fun at the rush tables and obviously they're playing ridiculously from time to time since this is like pocket change to them. But if you follow them to their regular turf, they are über sharks.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played for a short while yesterday and was doing okay til my KK got beat by AK on the river lol.

I only played to check it out - since I don't get rakeback at FT not playing there is a no brainer. Though I do play there enough to earn 100 points a week for my PL game - so will probably play a bit of this to get it quicker.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably ok at 10nl, but i'd be really careful if this was 100nl as a lot of really good higher stakes players have moved down to have some fun at the rush tables and obviously they're playing ridiculously from time to time since this is like pocket change to them. But if you follow them to their regular turf, they are über sharks.

Yea, that's true but all you'd have to do is look em up & see what they normally play. Narrows it down pretty fast.