Rush Poker!

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to edit my last message, but the edit button wasn't there.

I just wanted to add one more thing before someone says it.
I'm aware that AA vs "random" is a 85% favorite on each flip taken.
So, if we flip 10 times in a row AA vs "random" and in those 10 times the "random" wins, it's hard to happen, but it can happen. Simply because the 85% probability of AA winning, relates to each flip taken and not the 10 flips as a whole.

And now that I come to think of it, I guess my answer to cAPSLOCK was not the best one, since I did put the 5 flips as a whole on the 85% winning probability, which is wrong. So, I guess this quote:
cAPSLOCK said:
Everyone who plays poker can expect that with absolute certainty.
is spot on. Although the "absolute certainty" still puzzles me, because, to be honest, I don't expect to lose 4 flips out of 5 with Aces, or it would be a -EV situation playing Aces. We know it can happen tho. ;)
So, the one misreading my own 4 out of 5 was actually me and not cAPSLOCK.

So, in my case was something like 4 or 5 in a row lost, it's hard to happen, but it can happen :)

Last edited:
KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What he's saying is that if you play poker seriously, you will play for many tens of thousands of hands. And in that timeframe, it is a virtual statistical certainty that at some point, you will have your aces cracked from 4 out of 5 pre-flop all-ins.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ding.

Except you don't even have to play "seriously". It's just a given that you can expect to see the statistically improbable if you play poker. And I cede that "absolute certainty" is an exaggeration along the lines that "The sun will come up tomorrow with absolute certainty" is.

franky said:
What I don't like about rush poker is that, those players are always sucking out and winning. That's it, nothing else.
You are making a logic error here.

Last edited:
F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, now I understand it :)

Thanx KyleJRM and cAPSLOCK for the explanation and insight that it brought to me.

Btw cAPSLOCK, I know I'm making a logic error there, cause as long as my play is good, the sucking out will always be a part of the game, but it just sucks :D

And today I actually went to play a bit of rush poker because of points for bonus, since that's a good thing on rush, quick points.
The funny thing is that my KK got cracked again! :viking:
I actually laughed a bit, it was funny that it happened again after being here reading and writing about that.

The funny things of poker ;)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
full tilt poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 632378
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $2.82
Hero (CO): $3.99
BTN: $5.96
SB: $3.20
BB: $6.22
UTG: $2.65

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with A :club: 2 :club:
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.50) 5 :diamond: 3 :club: J :club: (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BTN raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.65

Turn: ($3.20) 8 :club: (3 players)
SB bets $2.15 all in, Hero raises to $2.94 all in, BTN folds

River: ($7.50) 4 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $7.50
Hero shows A :club: 2 :club: (a flush, Ace high)
SB shows 9 :club: T :club: (a flush, Jack high)
Hero wins $7.00
(Rake: $0.50)

Teehee :)