Rush Poker!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to now it's only deployed up to 50nl, right? I hope they DON'T do it for tables higher. It's too attractive for fishes, but beyond the novelty, it's a less interesting form of poker when you can't establish table dynamics and so on.

Last edited:
PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just tried it... Thats bananas.. Think i made like three bucks.. Honestly I thought I was gonna respond in here and say this feature blows but to be frank, I think its aewsome.. Just my take on it..

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to now it's only deployed up to 50nl, right? I hope they DON'T do it for tables higher. It's too attractive for fishes, but beyond the novelty, it's a less interesting form of poker when you can't establish table dynamics and so on.

Yeah, I really don't want to see this take root. As long as its seen as a glorified version of video poker, I'm ok w it, but I'd hate to see this deployed at other sites.

The FT regs seem to think there are ways to exploit the game, both for money and for FTP's, but they seem to be getting bored quickly with it - the catch will be if this takes away traffic from the normal games imo, or breaks the fish cuz they don't realize how to exploit it.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this, the waters are filled with calling stations and fish. You can open shove with Aces and get called by much much weaker. Defeats the purpose of Multi-Tabling. Having two of these "Rush Poker" windows open will give you 400 hands an hour. Quick fold feature is excellent. I'm gonna have to say I'm going to enjoy this, a lot.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've dropped 2+ BIs in 336 hands.

Lessons learned:

1) I need to know who is capable of folding to win.
2) Rush poker is not for me.

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last session @10NL 6-max:

296 hands, 42 minutes (423 hands/hr)
+19.40
Probably ~80 FTPs?

Table dynamics are pretty interesting. Ax seems a lot more valuable, because you can pretty much assume a lot of the aces are gone if people are Quick Folding.

Had a couple epic suckouts -- QQ ran into AK who flopped a straight, but then I snapped another ten for the boat.
88 vs A9 vs AQ, all in pre, flopped quads ????

Also helps when you get 88 vs AK, and flop KK8

EDIT: I wonder if rakeback is effected at all by this?

Last edited:
P

Pafkata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it and got killed by the variance. I had $71 bankroll and I am down to $15 now after my Aces got cracked 3 times and got 2 of my top sets killed by a str8 and by lucky river making a higher set for the opponent...

I knew I was not rolled for the 5/10c tables but it looks easy and it was easy and I got my money in good easily , but variance is bigger than skill...so I am back at building my bankroll. I might try Rush Poker again when I have $200 :)

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Lessons learned:

[x] Adjust Hand Selection to Group 1 Hands
[x] bluffing Will Not Work
[x] Need to Play Tight

Think about it, you like everyone else playing the "Rush Poker" ring games (for profit) are insta-folding dominated hands, and are waiting for better opportunity. It's not unlikely that if you raise PF and get a flat caller you may both be on the same hand range.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Click on "lobby" at the top menu bar and click "standard view". You will see the games there...Sounds interesting!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Lessons learned:

-2 buyins in under 200 hands here. KK<88 allin pre, and aces cracked by J10s. Looks pretty soft though, sucks not having a proper HUD though.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried it and got killed by the variance. I had $71 bankroll and I am down to $15 now after my Aces got cracked 3 times and got 2 of my top sets killed by a str8 and by lucky river making a higher set for the opponent...

I bet you just played the hands poorly. I pretty much guarantee that if you posted the HH up for those hands you lost to there could be a lot of constructive criticism that could be given. You also need to not, play above your Bankroll, EVER.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious how a tournament would work like this. A tournament with this type of "Fold, Next Hand" would undoubtedly help out the tighter players who could wait for a good hand and just fold fold fold early on until they get a hand they could double up with. I'd like to see a tournament played out with this same feature.

janovsky

janovsky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insane!
Got a heather and ended up winning $100+ within 45 min. playing 1table 50NL.
Just crazy, folding and another table pops-up. Even more than 4-6tabling.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iam up 45 for the day so far.. I really do like it.. As I play more iam sure the variance is gonna hit me like a brick in the face..

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iam up 45 for the day so far.. I really do like it.. As I play more iam sure the variance is gonna hit me like a brick in the face..

GL PC, I'm digging it. A lot. I think it's better than multi-tabling. You see what you're dealt and can watch the action unravel. The only thing is that you cannot account for spewy players in the 67/48 range who will raise PF with any Ax Kx Qx Jx, I think that may be the only downfall.

I find myself clicking the quick fold on accident when I'm dealt PP 8's in the hijack.

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down $20 but have won a load of HU today so about even at the moment. Keep getting sucked out on the river, but with the amount of fishes on there it's most certainly profitable.

People constantly re-raising with nothing seems to be a common occurrence, and I think in the long run there's money to be made here.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont have the BR for it to experiment but it sounds interesting... I dunno if it will actually turn profit, sounds like basically people are going to wait til they have super good hands to play and fold the rest of them.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neone have ne thoughts on the Rakeback? Also the amount of FTP's to be earned while playing this many hands? Do you think the rakeback site will take a step back from rush poker and not include it in the rakeback?

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may give this a try but I doubt it will become my regular game. I would much rather see FTP add Pineapple to their mix of games than have another variation of HE.

Any site that adds Pineapple and crazy Pineapple will get most if not all of my business.

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neone have ne thoughts on the Rakeback? Also the amount of FTP's to be earned while playing this many hands? Do you think the rakeback site will take a step back from rush poker and not include it in the rakeback?

Can't see how FT are allowed to do this, they're still making rake surely on Rush Poker so we must still be allowed to get rakeback. If were earning FTP then they're making rake, so rakeback must surely not be affected?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think the rakeback site will take a step back from rush poker and not include it in the rakeback?

Obviously not.

Also, at the moment it's not as much a nit fest as i assumed, at least at 50nl 6max. I played 24/20, 3betting 10%, and I don't think I was much looser than average. Saw quite a lot of 100 and 200nl regs who moved down to try it out, and since it feels like pocket change for them, maybe that helped get the aggression up a notch.

Also, getting deep is fun as people have no clue how to handle that. Got a villain to play for 300bb stacks with his overpair... :D