Lock Leaving Revolution Network to Launch an Independent Poker Platform

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just clicked on my old installation of lock poker and it updated automatically but now the on my desktop is the old lock poker short cut and the new one that says pure poker 2.0??

When zonealarm asked if I gave permission to let pure poker access the internet, I denied it as I read lock are saying they are not in a relationship with Pure Poker lol :D

I did the procedure today.
Just uninstall the old and install the new software from Lock's website.
And dont forget to click "migrate" before you log in. :p

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will the CC $500 Saturday still run?

I have looked for it and yet have to see it up and running but on the bright-side I've seen a 10k free roll on lock+the $109 ticket give away free roll

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So nhow does that work with our balances on LOCK? Did pure poker buy our accounts or what?

Is there a single Lock player who has had a successful cash out/withdrawal?

Well now that Ive read a few more posts I CANT wait to see how this plays out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So nhow does that work with our balances on LOCK? Did pure poker buy our accounts or what?

Well now that Ive read a few more posts I CANT wait to see how this plays out...

One of our members received his withdrawal for over $5k today. He has been waiting since April - we intervened a month ago. This is the first one in a few weeks they have gotten processed for us so it is encouraging.

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this playthrough approach of treating it like a bonus is what I mentioned before, but others were making it sound like it would be a true balance transfer or something.

It's really disingenuous on Pure's part. I had already migrated my Lock balance to the new software (more for curiosity than an intention to play there), but left the old Lock software installed in a separate folder. I just now ran the old Lock client to see if it installed Pure. It did, and here's the opening message you get when the new Pure client opens:

Emphasis mine. The use of the words "redeem" and "immediately" sure seems to imply that you get your full balance right away. Yep, pretty shady if you ask me.
Yeah, but they have been giving everyone $50 free, and Lock claims our balances are "locked" over there, so the way it looks, you can have a free $50 on pure, and retain your balance on Lock. I'm sure people have done that already. I'm not saying that's right, but if Pure wants to cough up $50 per player to retain the business then it might be worth it to them. Hell, online poker has been shady since day one. There are still U.S. players waiting for money from Full Tilt even. Morally I wouldn't want to deposit more money into Lock, but I'd play my balance there as long as traffic picks up. It just worries me that Lock couldn't pay players, but still they can afford to start up a new site, offer a $10,00 free roll the first week, give away 25 $109 tickets, and they've lost at least $2000 in overlay on tourneys the first 2 days. I'm just saying that feels a little insulting. AND, now they're charging 25% buy in fees on sit n gos? I haven't checked out the rake on ring games, but MTTs all seem to be the same.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but they have been giving everyone $50 free, and Lock claims our balances are "locked" over there, so the way it looks, you can have a free $50 on pure, and retain your balance on Lock. I'm sure people have done that already. I'm not saying that's right, but if Pure wants to cough up $50 per player to retain the business then it might be worth it to them. Hell, Online poker has been shady since day one. There are still U.S. players waiting for money from Full Tilt even. Morally I wouldn't want to deposit more money into Lock, but I'd play my balance there as long as traffic picks up. It just worries me that Lock couldn't pay players, but still they can afford to start up a new site, offer a $10,00 free roll the first week, give away 25 $109 tickets, and they've lost at least $2000 in overlay on tourneys the first 2 days. I'm just saying that feels a little insulting. AND, now they're charging 25% buy in fees on sit n gos? I haven't checked out the rake on ring games, but MTTs all seem to be the same.
We are waiting for the DOJ to pay us, and not FTP! The DOJ has our money!

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are waiting for the DOJ to pay us, and not FTP! The DOJ has our money!
I stand corrected, but you get my point... Nothing is guaranteed until our government passes laws and we can have gaming sites licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia :).

G

Gonzaloas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of our members received his withdrawal for over $5k today. He has been waiting since April - we intervened a month ago. This is the first one in a few weeks they have gotten processed for us so it is encouraging.

Receive also $2.7k today, I had been waiting since 26 July and Debi intervened 1 month ago also. I still have a pending payout since July on the player I´m staking account that was not sent on Dakota lists, so Dakota factor is back on business :cool:

thks Debi!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Receive also $2.7k today, I had been waiting since 26 July and Debi intervened 1 month ago also, so Dakota factor is back on business :cool:

thks Debi!

Looks like the email I sent a few days ago is working! :)

And also their commitment that they would show improvement in Nov is looking to be true.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pure poker has no relationship with Lock.
Uninstall your program and download the new from Lock's website.
Install it and migrate your account before you log in.

I got money from Lock via skrill a month ago.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It just worries me that Lock couldn't pay players, but still they can afford to start up a new site, offer a $10,00 free roll the first week, give away 25 $109 tickets, and they've lost at least $2000 in overlay on tourneys the first 2 days.

no doubt they are walking away from whatever bill the network has been trying to collect for reconciliation. That will free up a lot of cash, or so it would seem, to allow them to process payments to players as well as invest in player retention as you have described.

They take the player's money with them, Pure Poker is not going to guarantee your balance. Instead, they are offering some form of bonus opportunity to keep the players playing on the network.

They have to do something to encourage deposits, otherwise they are doomed. All the attacks on Lock Poker on certain poker forums only serves to increase the likelihood of Lock failing, and vanishing without paying players. I understand the anger from waiting months for withdrawals, but taking counter productive measures to illustrate that frustration doesn't make a lot of sense.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm putting in a bit of time each day on the Lock tables (before & since the re-launch). I've been fortunate enough to have some WD's go through thanks to dakota & feel that if it helps to get that site active & happening, putting in a bit of time is no biggie for me (plus the tables seem extremely fishy, lol).

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Lock continues to offer CardsChat players a $500 weekly freeroll, it's a pretty good reason for CardsChat players to move with Lock, IMHO.

There are surely going to be growing pains, time will tell. If Lock is going to go under, that's how she goes. But if players stop depositing and playing, it is assured.

Will the CC $500 Saturday still run?

Hopefully those will get back up and running, as it helped me get going on the site with a BR a few weeks ago.

Hope Lock gets up and running and makes it in long run, only if to get all the people monies that are owed.

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Migrated over and played a little today hope traffic picks up in the mtt but did like the new software. no O8 players though :(

G

Gonzaloas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also liked the new software from Lock Poker 2.0. Not on the level of pokerstars/Full Tilt and Microgaming but better than Ipoker.

Extremely low trafic really a issue in addition to payouts, I really hope they start to paying also to players that are not on Dakota-XX lists because I don´t see how Lock gonna survive if we become the only plrs playing there...

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with payout improvements lots of USA players would return. if lock can show commitment to quick payments player pool will increase very quickly.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure it woild too allthough now bovada is quite a bit larger and has most of the donks but lock is getting some donks on the freer9lls (signs of new players)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Q

Quasimodo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I wanna know is, why would I trust Lock when players are trying to sell what they have in their accounts for $0.30 on the dollar? Saying they've been trying to cash out for over 8 months. I played at Lock when they were at Merge and played when they launched Revolution Gaming. Too many deposits and bad beats. Never seen so many 4 runner flushes.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If payouts are fast/good I'll play on any skin/site.

Hoping Lock makes it ...

sickpuppy

sickpuppy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been out of town and got on a min n saw the new change will have to change this when i get home. What i seen looks good so far will play soon.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost went into Pure. Read forum posts and info, so decided to get the Lock 2.0 finally -- the right place to be for CC games, I take it. Look forward to today's game; I'm still shamanalix3 on Lock.

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just merged my account finally, have to say the live support for lock is superb. just wanted to see if they had p2p transfers and the deal on merging.

think I changed my table name, did it so fast I closed the webpage not realizing what I did, but its stuck with what I changed it to, I think.

lol

T

themosthigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost went into Pure. Read forum posts and info, so decided to get the Lock 2.0 finally -- the right place to be for CC games, I take it. Look forward to today's game; I'm still shamanalix3 on Lock.

You can still go to Pure. They have nothing to do with Lock. Just email them and tell them what your balance was and they will give you $50 and put the rest in as a bonus. They can't take your Lock money once you migrate.