Lock Leaving Revolution Network to Launch an Independent Poker Platform

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strange - if it sucessfully migrated the implication is it recognized it without a conflict - oh well - call support - good luck!

I tried to email customer support
find my name back
and
tried to find where is my tournament ticket?

I like the new software...very good. network speed is smooth....:D:D:D:D:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pure Poker is NOT Lock. Pure is a Revolution skin that the network is using to try and retain Lock players. Pure has nothing whatsoever to do with Lock, and while it might sound prudent to choose them over Lock, there's no guarantee you'll get your balance over there. At least not without a proportional amount of play through since it sounds like they may treat it as a bonus. They certainly can't just reach into Lock and withdraw it -- especially considering that Lock is pissed at Revolution/Pure for trying to poach their players. If you want to move to Lock 2.0, you have to go to Lock's website to download the new client, where you should find your balance intact.

While I don't blame Revo/Pure for trying to retain those players, it sounds like they were a little underhanded about it, making it look like Pure was the new Lock, when it isn't. I realize Lock's reputation is highly suspect at this point, but two wrongs don't make a right (although three lefts do, badump bump).
Pretty slimey.
Of course at first I thought > "I guess the new Lock is called 'Pure'... " "Hmm.. why aren't my login details working?"
Then happened upon this thread here at CC.

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
60 players online atm. the software seems to work well even though looks a tad strange. Gl 2 players for withdrawals now. hope lock 2.0 pulls through.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
there are some adjustments that need to be made to improve gameplay, mainly table sizing and making the cards easier to read
To re-size the tables you just have to go from the bottom right-hand corner & drag it to whatever size you want. Cards are pretty small though.

Bet-slider had me fk'd up a bit at first. I clicked on the slider figuring I was raising 3x and it put me allin. LOL

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To re-size the tables you just have to go from the bottom right-hand corner & drag it to whatever size you want. Cards are pretty small though.

Bet-slider had me fk'd up a bit at first. I clicked on the slider figuring I was raising 3x and it put me allin. LOL

I have e-mailed Lock support about this (the fact that you can resize the tables, but that the card sizes don't change as the table size does). I have also posted this in the Lock forum. Lock spokeman Shane has posted in the Lock forum that they have gotten many complaints about the size/clarity of the cards in the new software and that they are already working on a fix.

-HooDooKoo

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

thanks, but i know how to resize the tables, but whats the point if u cant read the cards

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like a symphony to my ears. it also seems like the new trend for the poker rooms that want to become more loyal to their players and not so much with their affiliations with a network. i applaud the companies that stand up and dont want to be attached to anything that could potentially become an issue for them in them and the player. looking forward to seeing the future of the industry.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just clicked on my old installation of lock poker and it updated automatically but now the on my desktop is the old lock poker short cut and the new one that says pure poker 2.0??

When zonealarm asked if I gave permission to let pure poker access the internet, I denied it as I read lock are saying they are not in a relationship with Pure Poker lol :D

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, right now there are 60 players on 19 tables on Lock, and it's Noon. Yesterday I saw two tourneys that had over $1,000 of overlay between the two, so Lock is already losing money on DAY ONE. I for one do not see Lock being a profitable business. I do not like the new software. I think it's a cheap rip off look-a-like of Revolution. I wish them the best of luck and all, but I am washing my hands of the 'blood diamond". Honestly there's no guarantee that Pure Poker will be any better, but I'm willing to give them a chance. It's the same software that Lock was using (which I liked), and hopefully they use different payment processors than Lock does. I've heard from my sources and players I know, that intertops was always paying their players, and stopped offering MTTs over $1,000 GTD when Lock was losing $5K a day due to overlay. Now they say juicy stakes merged with Intertops, and Lock is gone from Revolution, so there may be a bright side to Revolution. All I know is that Lock has been jumping from network to network, and I don't think I can stomach another go around. As the saying goes "F**k me once shame on you...."

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Lock continues to offer CardsChat players a $500 weekly freeroll, it's a pretty good reason for CardsChat players to move with Lock, IMHO.

There are surely going to be growing pains, time will tell. If Lock is going to go under, that's how she goes. But if players stop depositing and playing, it is assured.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need a link to download if anyone can help that would be great

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like a symphony to my ears. it also seems like the new trend for the poker rooms that want to become more loyal to their players and not so much with their affiliations with a network. i applaud the companies that stand up and dont want to be attached to anything that could potentially become an issue for them in them and the player. looking forward to seeing the future of the industry.
What are you really saying here? What new trend are you talking about? poker stars and Full Tilt have been stand alone clients from day one nearly ten years ago. Poker networks are necessary now a days to gain traffic to sites that allow U.S. players, because of how tricky the laws are. It has nothing to do with loyalty to networks or affiliates. And, if you're praising Lock for their "new upgrade" then it's the opposite of loyalty. They're running from their problems instead of being honestly with their players. Lock is the most un loyal poker site in existence, and I don't think I would ever be able to trust them again.

L

lilturkgirl86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while the software looks very pretty in the photo, the quality you get is absolutely horrendous.. i dont trust me company at all

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is what the 2.0 is all about. Cool, had no clue until I read the tweet.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got an email from Lock. 2 in fact.

Look for an email.. In it are instructions for dl'ing the new software.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just go to lockpoker.eu and download it directly if you don't have the email.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Email from Lock today re: Pure Poker for those that haven't seen it. Like I said before, I have no idea how Pure purports to be able to transfer your balance from Lock. Lock has the balance, they're not going to give it up. And if Revo had the ability to withhold skin funds, they wouldn't have gone so long without being paid what Lock owed them.

Also LOL at Lock's indignation and accusations. Not that what Revo/Pure did wasn't pretty shady, but someone needs to explain what "pot, meet kettle" means to the Lock folks.

We've been hearing concerns from players regarding their balances and we would like to clear up some of the confusion.

- Lock has NO relationship whatsoever with Pure Poker

- Pure Poker has NO Lock player data or account details

- The software update installation of Pure Poker software is an attempt to mislead Lock customers

- Lock Poker's new software must be downloaded at lockpoker.eu

Lock terminated its contract with the Revolution Network on October 29th, it has since to our attention that some players who attempt open the Lock software are having a competitor's software installed on their computer via the Revolution Network software updater.

Lock has NO relationship whatsoever with Pure Poker. Pure Poker has NO Lock player data or account details. Your account information and balances are held with Lock. We have built a one set process to migrate your existing account to our new software, visit https://migrate.lockpoker.eu and you will be guided through the steps.

This is clearly an attempt by the network to take Lock players and damage Lock's business via a deceptive and misleading practice.

Initially the page where Lock players were redirected contained a patently false statement - that Lock's poker services were "terminated". Our legal counsel wrote to the operator of the Revolution network and demanded that this statement be taken down and, we confirmed that the page had been corrected to remove the false statement in less than an hour. However, the network has failed to resolve the more pressing issue - being that it is attempting to take Lock players and damage their business via a deceptive and misleading practice. This is conduct that is obviously meant to damage Lock and to cause confusion in the minds of consumers.

Finally, the regulatory and licensing authority for the Revolution Network have been put on notice that the network operator appears to be allowing an unlicensed poker site to operate as part of their network, in addition to the damages they are intentionally causing to Lock. There is no indication on the purepoker.eu site that their business operations are licesned in Curaco or elsewhere. This site appears to be a sham and players deal with it at their own risk.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah from a 2+2 thread on this quoting Pure Poker's Support
Pure
Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:20pm - Support
Each player will have advanced $50 to get you started. The balance of their LockPoker account up to $5000 will be added to free money which players can earn out at an accelerated rate. We have never had your LockPoker account balance but are offering players a way to continue playing with PurePoker.
So if you have $$s on Lock looks like your best bet is to "migrate" to the new Lock 2.0 and hope they start paying AND then download Pure Poker and take their $50 and try to unlock your "Lock bonus".

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, this playthrough approach of treating it like a bonus is what I mentioned before, but others were making it sound like it would be a true balance transfer or something.

It's really disingenuous on Pure's part. I had already migrated my Lock balance to the new software (more for curiosity than an intention to play there), but left the old Lock software installed in a separate folder. I just now ran the old Lock client to see if it installed Pure. It did, and here's the opening message you get when the new Pure client opens:

Welcome Lock players to Pure Poker!
Lock are no longer receiving services via this provider. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Pure Poker is offering you a chance to redeem your Lock player balance immediately.

Emphasis mine. The use of the words "redeem" and "immediately" sure seems to imply that you get your full balance right away. Yep, pretty shady if you ask me.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all just got this in an email from Lock - and it's about "Pure Poker"

We've been hearing concerns from players regarding their balances and we would like to clear up some of the confusion.
- Lock has NO relationship whatsoever with Pure Poker
- Pure Poker has NO Lock player data or account details
- The software update installation of Pure Poker software is an attempt to mislead Lock customers
- Lock Poker's new software must be downloaded at lockpoker.eu
Lock terminated its contract with the Revolution Network on October 29th, it has since to our attention that some players who attempt open the Lock software are having a competitor's software installed on their computer via the Revolution Network software updater.
Lock has NO relationship whatsoever with Pure Poker. Pure Poker has NO Lock player data or account details. Your account information and balances are held with Lock. We have built a one set process to migrate your existing account to our new software, visit https://migrate.lockpoker.eu and you will be guided through the steps.
This is clearly an attempt by the network to take Lock players and damage Lock's business via a deceptive and misleading practice.
Initially the page where Lock players were redirected contained a patently false statement - that Lock's poker services were "terminated". Our legal counsel wrote to the operator of the Revolution network and demanded that this statement be taken down and, we confirmed that the page had been corrected to remove the false statement in less than an hour. However, the network has failed to resolve the more pressing issue - being that it is attempting to take Lock players and damage their business via a deceptive and misleading practice. This is conduct that is obviously meant to damage Lock and to cause confusion in the minds of consumers.
Finally, the regulatory and licensing authority for the Revolution Network have been put on notice that the network operator appears to be allowing an unlicensed poker site to operate as part of their network, in addition to the damages they are intentionally causing to Lock. There is no indication on the purepoker.eu site that their business operations are licesned in Curaco or elsewhere. This site appears to be a sham and players deal with it at their own risk.
Read more

© 2013 Lock.
Site / Terms / Player Admin
If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Lock, please click here

M

madethegrade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So whos playing on pure and whos playing on lock? who is the new lock registered with for online gambling? curaco again?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried getting a rakeback deal on Lock even though I don't play there and was denied because they said I already have one??? Which I don't not sure why they would lie and deny me my rakeback deal, at least be honest about the reason! Carbon said the same thing here was there reasoning "They will not tell us which affiliate, and it will almost certainly NOT be a rakeback affiliate, This has probably happened as a result of a banner/link planting a cookie on your computer before you signed up" I didn't get no cookie :( Liars

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried getting a rakeback deal on Lock even though I don't play there and was denied because they said I already have one??? Which I don't not sure why they would lie and deny me my rakeback deal, at least be honest about the reason! Carbon said the same thing here was there reasoning "They will not tell us which affiliate, and it will almost certainly NOT be a rakeback affiliate, This has probably happened as a result of a banner/link planting a cookie on your computer before you signed up" I didn't get no cookie :( Liars
Every time you click on an ad to a poker site from another site IE poker forum, or for rakeback, there is a cookie that sits in your web browser.
Carbon does not give rakeback, what do you think their VIP system is!

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be cautiously optimistic at best. Lock supposedly owed revolution 10 million before departing. They can blame pure for taking their player base, but the real issue is their overall complete shadiness.

What company privately sends you messages saying if you rake x dollars, you will get expedited guaranteed 1 cash out a month? This is while other people are waiting over 6 months. There are over 150 players waiting over 2 months on 2+2 forums waiting for cash outs, I believe the amount owed comes to over half a million. It to me has seemed to be somewhat of a pyramid scheme, the way they pay in little bursts, but with absolutely no consistency.