WSOP Colossus event. What would you do in this situation?

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
With such a big difference I'd take the deal. I guess that 25-75 in chips is my limit.

A

Anna Brito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I would accept the agreement. That's another 100,000 I'll leave the status of the bracelet to him.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I find this scenario to be unrealistic, but if offered this on these conditions, I would take it in a heartbeat.

my wife says : 'Hell NO" Play on. She plays to win.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot. If it were my dream to win the bracelet, I wouldn't make any deal. But if I were focused on earnings... it was a feasible deal yes!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I accept the deal, because there is $100,000.00 difference between what I will win at 90% ( $300,410 ) and what my opponent offers me.

If my bankroll exceeds one million, I refuse the offer in order to hope to win the bracelet.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
stack size is 1:12, there is no other option for me than agreeing to the deal. additional $100,000 is about 100,000 buyins for the tournaments I am currently participating in. So for me the matter is clear.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
If i would play poker in this situation, i really would think about it @ table because maybe at this moment it is the first and last time to win a wsop bracelet but in the end 100.000 $ as a gift i would say is a good reason to accept the deal and be happy with 400.000 and the 2nd place!
It is also a very profitable deal because i wouldnt bet on it how many poker pro´s who are leading 12:1 stack size and making such a gift to the underdog ;-)

In my opinion your chance to win with this stack is so small and there are only a few hands to play - so for example you go on and after a few hand syour dead end is near and you have to go all in 2-3 times in a row and you loose - the first thing you are thinkin about is why i havent accepted this awesome deal!
If the deal option would be 325.000 for you and 475.000 for bracelet winner, then more players would take their chance for a fight till end but in this case - i affirm that it is a fantastic deal in poker history. Afterwards i would give an interview -saying this was a very good deal for the bracelet winner too!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The money for 2nd place is huge for me here, but who knows when I'll get close to a WSOP bracelet again, so I wouldn't take that deal, because as long as I have a chance to win a WSOP bracelet I wouldn't give up on that dream, even if I was 10:1 chip disadvantage against my opponent.
Even if the EV math is against it, I would still go for the bracelet.
Maybe if my opponent said, he win for $650,000 enough, and I win $150,000 and the bracelet, I might think about it, even if it was a would be stupid decision on my part.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would take the deal. Maybe I would not have the chance to win a bracelet again, but with extra 100.000 dollars I could do a lot of things for me and my family that I would never achieve without this money.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
After reading all these replies, all I gotta say is:

Attachments

• 4lyma2.png
    4lyma2.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 12
ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
oc i will take the deal.

But the bracelet he still has to play for, you can go all in or fold but just give the bracelet without playing is not allowed :)
:)

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would definitely go for the deal. A bracelet as a reward, of course, is a very nice thing, but considering that I only have 5 blinds, the deal will just be a very profitable option. I'm just looking at things from a practical perspective :)

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would take the offer there and then. I’m not a career poker player so while the bracelet would be nice the money means a lot more to me!

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes i think y would take the deal there is to many chips of diference if i had 1 / 4 his chips probably not because it would be awesome the bracelet but k dont know would be nice to be in that situation.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
easy answer hahaha, I would definitely accept the proposal, since I have few, the chances of changing the result would be almost impossible,
Imagine you're playing in the WSOP Colossus event. After a few days of grueling live tournament poker action, you find yourself heads-up, sitting in 2nd place in chips! First place is a whopping $501,120 and second place takes home $300,410.

The problem is you are out chipped with your stack of 50,000,000 (5BB) up against their 600,000,000 stack (60BB). However, to your surprise, your opponent offers to make a deal and end the tournament right there, proposing a 50/50 split in winnings, giving you just over $400,000.00, but they get the bracelet. You know the odds are very against you to take first place, but do you give up your chance to win a WSOP bracelet or do you take the deal? Why?

View attachment 345920

easy answer hahaha, I would definitely accept the proposal, since I have few chances of changing the result would be almost impossible, it is true that winning the bracelet gives more respect in the world of poker, it gives a rewarding and significant status, but in these situations would I accept losing the bracelet and winning more than I should

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have never been one for fame and glory but I am as greedy and needy for money as the next guy.
If I would be struck by incredible odds and become a multi millionaire I would make myself disappear. I would simply be faceless money and hide my wealth without any need to show off.
So rings and bracelets be dammed - just give me the money.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
OMG it's a dream situation! Someone just offering me a free 100k, why would I say no to this generosity. I don't lose any bracelet here, because winning with 5BB against 60BB is close to a miracle. I mean, it happened a lot to my opponents in spin-n-gos/heads-up sngs :ROFLMAO:, but keep in mind, those are hyper-turbo tournaments! Here it's already done, no poker gods can save this situation with 15 minutes or longer blinds, one needs to be realistic, you don't play against a clueless newbee. So with a great gratitude I would accept the deal :D (y)

P

PRRP2010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would accept it right away, even if I didn't get the bracelet, as the statistics would be in favor of the opponent due to the Blind difference.
And the division would be a prize for the 2 players and the bracelet for the one who the statistics favore

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would love that extra money, but I would really have to think about it. Making it heads up in a WSOP event is a chance of a life time, I know unless it's the ME that it is barely a blip in the history of the WSOP but the thought of giving up the chance at a win is a hard one to get pass.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
There are 2 cases:
1. If we play poker for bonuses, $100,000 will help us build personal funds, accumulate bankroll, and continue pursuing our career.
2. If we have a desire to play poker to win, we can completely refuse. Like Neymar once burst into tears because he lost the championship. They play for victory, for glory, for business.
As for me: 5BB compared to the competitor's 60BB. This situation: maybe your opponent is really impressed with your efforts, reaching the top 2 of the tournament with a low stack, you have been patient to stay in the tournament until this moment. I would agree with the opponent. In Vietnam there is an expression: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating", so I think it is the wisest choice to return to the next tournaments.

Goodluck and GG!!!

G

Goldenbeardy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
That depends totally on my life leading up to it.

If I've made big winnings in other tournaments that make the extra 100k pocket change, I'd probably say screw it and go for the win. For example, maybe I have made a couple million in winnings, maybe even as low as 1m as it would be amazing to get the bracelet.

If my life was as it is now, where I haven't made a whole lot of money by playing and maybe I got lucky in a sattelite and made it that far, I would split it without hesitation. 100k is a lot of money.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Imagine you're playing in the WSOP Colossus event. After a few days of grueling live tournament poker action, you find yourself heads-up, sitting in 2nd place in chips! First place is a whopping $501,120 and second place takes home $300,410.

The problem is you are out chipped with your stack of 50,000,000 (5BB) up against their 600,000,000 stack (60BB). However, to your surprise, your opponent offers to make a deal and end the tournament right there, proposing a 50/50 split in winnings, giving you just over $400,000.00, but they get the bracelet. You know the odds are very against you to take first place, but do you give up your chance to win a WSOP bracelet or do you take the deal? Why?

View attachment 345920
I accept, I overcame my ego in this situation.
The badge would just be a reward for my ego, so I don't see any problems with that.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would accept the deal given the circumstances, but it is tempting to try to go for the title of champion and become a part of poker history.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I will take the deal because the odds are against me.

WSOP