ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would advise you not to overestimate the starting hands, A2s or Suited cards in general often look very good but are also often very far behind when action comes. And the position at the table is very important. You should definitely pay attention to this. It is an enormous advantage if all the other players act in front of you.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you are a beginer and want to improve your poker game quickly, the best way to start is to simply play less hands. In fact, one of the most common amamteur poker mistakes is playing too many hands.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Position Matters: Play in position whenever possible. Being last to act gives you an advantage.
Avoid Limping: Even if others limp (just call the big blind), avoid it. Raise with strong hands.
Learn Pot odds: Understand pot odds to make informed decisions when chasing draws.
Observe Opponents: Pay attention to opponents’ tendencies and adjust your play accordingly.
Value Bet: Bet strongly with your strong hands to extract maximum value.
Manage Your bankroll: Start small, use smart bankroll management, and avoid chasing quick riches.
Prepare Mentally: Maintain focus and discipline during poker sessions.
Take Responsibility: Own your decisions and learn from mistakes.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you could go back in time to your first experiences playing poker, what would you tell your younger self?

One that I would share and wish I had learned earlier: Pay close attention to the words and actions of the other players at your table (live and online). A big part of this game is "playing the player" and not just the cards in your hand.
Learn ranges! I'm still on it 😄

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Be mentally (and physically) prepared.
Study and practice.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the first point I would try to address would be patience.
Like many things in life, poker creates illusions and if you let yourself believe that it will be quick and easy, it can have terrible consequences.
It won't be easy or quick, and sometimes unfortunately, it won't even be possible.
poker is really a game of people and not cards.

I despair when I try not to lose with my pocket aces, and the flop is heading towards a straight or a flush of the suit I don't have.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I have a few tips:
1. Try to control yourself
2. Try to keep your bankroll
3. You will encounter many situations where you are going against the flow, try to let go when possible
4. Study, remember and practice

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My advice for new players is to never stop studying the game, always share hours of studo with hours of game. And especially knowing how to maintain control under your bankroll.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We start playing poker on sites recommended by CardsChat and on other well-known rooms, such as ACR, I advise you to play only freerolls where you can gain experience and earn a little money.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My advice to myself would be:
Don't play imagining what the opponents think of you. If you need to be tight, be tight. If you are caught in a bluff, that's it. What means is your results, not if the other players think you are a fish or not. Just beat then.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I could advise my younger self I would say that the most important thing to remember is that the cards in your hand are not the most important consideration. What is though is your position on the table. One other little gem would be to learn from losing. You may have played the hand perfectly but still lost due to good old bad luck. Don’t let it get you down but let it make you stronger.

Finally, enjoy playing poker. If you’re not enjoying it, STOP.

Damo