Who do you think is the most annoying player to watch on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrapStar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson does not play slowly and deliberately just to pretend like he has a big hand every time or to put on a show and get more TV time. Instead, he goes through exactly the same motions and routine for each hand so that other players can not tell if he has a big hand or rags. Same routine means NO TELLS based on his motions or movements. His behavior is based on logic, not ego.

If you're folding the hand anyway, it makes no diiference how long you take. I could understand taking the same amount of time to act when you have a huge hand vs having a hand that's not so huge but you're going to play it, but explaing to me how taking the same amount of time before an obvious fold makes any difference in how people read you for future hands. Just because you fold quickly sometimes, does not give other players a tell on you as long as everything you did prior to the fold was consistant to how long you would have taken even if you had the nuts. As long as you have the same routine prior to the fold, the fold itself has no meaning.

BTW, I never said he has an ego or wants TV time.

Also.....I'm changing my answer to Humberto Brenes. I forgot about how annoying he is with those stupid sharks.

And why are so many people in this thread posting there favorite player to watch? I asked who is most annoying, not the most fun to watch. If we are doing that then my favorite is definitely Daniel. He is the best player in the world and entertaining and a nice guy.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 hellmuth/ for obvious reasons
#2 phil gordon/ He is nice but I can't stand the look on his face when he wins. reminds me of those kids that use to go tell on you .
#3 lingred/ Douch
#4 daniel nag/ Cause he allways calls out the obvious after the board has been dealt. Thats what 17 year olds do at their home poker game.

Thats about it..
Big mistake Are 2007 main event champ is the #1 all time idiot (GAMIE GOLD)

D

DuaneK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth His insurance thing is a pain in the ass.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Joe Hachem. I also find Hellmuth and Ivey annoying. My favorite player is David Benyamine

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How could you not like watching Hellmuth? Yes he is a cry baby but at least it keeps things spicey. Watching him get sucked out is one of the funniest things in poker.

I vote for the mouth, I had a friend that used to act like him. I can't imagine playing poker all day stuck at that guy's table.

angiedubs

angiedubs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My vote for 'most annoying' goes to Durrrr Tom Dwan.
I know he's a favorite of many netboys but he is like fingernails across a chalkboard to me. ugh

colquhounx

colquhounx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ferguson,isnt,made,for,tv,but,isnt,annoying
humerto,brenes,and,that,damn,shark,hands,down

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Humberto Brenes is probably the most annoying player I have ever seen. I can't believe he doesn't get a penalty for yelling, hopping around, sticking that STUPID RETARDED shark in other players faces andacting like a total idiot. He is an insult to poker.

The second most annoying player is that douchebag who prays and kisses a picture of his kids every time he makes a bet. I can't remember his name right now. Who in the hell thinks jesus and god are going to help you win at gambling?

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant stand watching Quack Quack. Is there any doubt he is the most annoying?:D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Helmuth imo.
Cant stand to see him whine every time he loses a hand.

R

Ranger390

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trapstar said "If you're folding the hand anyway, it makes no diiference how long you take. I could understand taking the same amount of time to act when you have a huge hand vs having a hand that's not so huge but you're going to play it, but explaing to me how taking the same amount of time before an obvious fold makes any difference in how people read you for future hands. Just because you fold quickly sometimes, does not give other players a tell on you as long as everything you did prior to the fold was consistant to how long you would have taken even if you had the nuts. As long as you have the same routine prior to the fold, the fold itself has no meaning."

You make my point for me. If Ferguson took only a second to fold his obviously bad cards, then what would it mean when he studies his hand for a while and then plays? Obviously it means he has a decent hand or maybe a monster. Yes, he might study his rags for a while and then decide to play them, as a way to mislead his opponents in to believing that his cards are better than they are. But, this might also lead opponents to pick up a tell on his movements when he plays rags or has a monster. By going through the exact same routine with every hand, he eliminates ALL tells, based on how he acts and how long he takes to act.

E

edupons

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
watch hellmuth play is so nice. he is too funny

R

robertvgomez2

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty Nguyen Baby!!! That baby shit gets old! Get with the times

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the "most" annoying would be hard to define,
i dont really care for watching jamie gold to much,nor do i care to watch helmuth.

mjdavinci

mjdavinci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker brat is the worst.

R

randollar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand's down, it has to be Phil Helmuth. "Poker Brat" suits him to a tee. Way too much drama and whining for me!

P

piper_p

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate phil helmuth because he thinks he know everything nobody in the world can beat him heads up, and he crys when he gets beat in a big hand.

Pike60

Pike60

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil. I'd rather watch an infomercial with that idiot crackhead Tony what's-his-face selling exercise equipment or whatever it is he's pushing on the suckers in TVland.

I'm not sure if Phil is the way he is to throw people off their game or if it's simply his ego.

Team_Ramrod

Team_Ramrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Helmuth by far! He constantly badgers other players for playing "rags" or for not knowing how to fold preflop. He always thinks he is better than everyone else at the table, despite losing. I think it's mostly a show, but cmon, everyone has their own style. Who is he to tell others how to play their cards/money?

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Joe Hachem. I also find Hellmuth and Ivey annoying. My favorite player is David Benyamine
Hellmuth and ivey are like night and day. annoyance level must be very fragile..

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the MASTER " ALL YOU CAN EAT" annoys the shit out of me...

C

chad1026

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd def have to go with Hellmuth or Ferguson

M

milkman28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as they talk and make the viewing a bit more intresting i dont mind who i watch dont like boring players but i suppose thats most of em :( :(

E

eightymighty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold, that hand AA Vs KK with Sammy Farhar on HS4.
Then Joe Haschem

Status
Not open for further replies.