What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't be serious. It's nowhere near a sport, all you do is sit on your fat ass and play cards

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without reading any of the comments, and only thinking about this for about 10 or 15 seconds. I think this is a great idea :).

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to see that happen!! I also think it would be popular!! It would be neat to watch the Olympic qualifying tournaments as well. I am sure ALL of the pros would want to be a part of it!!

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt like to see it in olympic games. It should only be physical sport games

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Great news to finish with that taboo that poker is a gamblers game.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without reading any of the comments, and only thinking about this for about 10 or 15 seconds. I think this is a great idea :).

It's really not a great idea.

Poker is a card game.

Should we put Bridge and Gin Rummy in the Olympics? Maybe toss in Cribbage also?

Poker does not need the Olympics and the Olympics does not need poker. Not to mention that playing cards isn't even a sport. Neither is Chess, which doesn't belong in the Olympics either.

The wsop is basically the Olympics of poker anyway. Players from all over the world compete for 1st place and win millions.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd love to see the average gambler, fat, lousy, big mouth, drunk, cheater and con artist to represent the flag of a whole country!:D:D:D
Absolutely!!! From the local game to the WSOP the players all look like a motley crowd of beersodden slobs. No finesse...no dress code. To be sure, I really love the game but I don't see it ever happening...the Olympics are all spectator sports..that's how they make their money...watching a poker tourney..or a chess game for that matter..would be like watching paint dry lol

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It kind of is an Olympic Sport to some. They don't play for the money. They play for the bracelet.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s great idea but we would have to come up with a good qualification system for the final tournament

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really not a great idea.

Poker is a card game.

Should we put Bridge and Gin Rummy in the Olympics? Maybe toss in Cribbage also?

Poker does not need the Olympics and the Olympics does not need poker. Not to mention that playing cards isn't even a sport. Neither is Chess, which doesn't belong in the Olympics either.

The WSOP is basically the Olympics of poker anyway. Players from all over the world compete for 1st place and win millions.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion,...fyi, still think it's a GREAT idea. How can you compare poker to bridge, or gin rummy? Apparently you don't have a love for the game, and you must not be successful at it yet? Just surmising, prove me wrong. Or not.

Canaveral

Canaveral

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When poker cards weigh 585 pounds or you have to wrestle or out-run the dealer, I would be for it. Until then, to me the Olympics are about physical prowess, and poker maybe not so much. Can you imagine Shaun Deeb, Greg Raymer or Mike Matusow standing on the gold medal platform? Might lead to a joke or two and look not so good for poker.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone talks about putting things like Poker or Chess in the Olympics. Instead, we have the Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, why not create a totally new Olympic event for everything that doesn't fit in those two categories. Poker, Chess, Bowling, whatever.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to see poker made an Olympic sport!!! that would be awesome!!!

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a card game not a sport so no way in the Olympics.:):):)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I like poker as much as anyone does but when you try to make a an Olympic sport I'm not sure about that. I think poker is fine in the realm that it's in.

B

blackdust_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its getting a lot of recognition in terms of wsop etc not for onlympics not for me

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be really cool for poker to be recognized as an Olympic sport. for one, it takes skill just as all Olympics do, but it also takes endurance. every sit at a live table for several hours if not days playing. that is endurance.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be in good physical and mental state and shape to play poker, but it is not a sport at all. Eventhough it is competitive you can play the game and be relevant on the scene even in you late 50s. The best athletes are on top of their game in their late 20s to early 30s, when they are at the peak of their physical abilities. A lot of "sports" should not be at the Olympics.

T

tottyn33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, Poker still suffers from many prejudices in world society. I believe that with this "final" step our beloved sport will be recognized as it deserves.

And you, what do you have to say about it?

it will be recognized as a sport :)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
IN THE OTHER WORLD ALL OF US WILL BE OLYMPIC PLAYERS.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen, poker will be boring for many people to watch and there will be small ratings from the broadcasts (

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could be achieved with chess why not?

truete11er

truete11er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is impossible, I suppose.
Olympic champion of the SCOOP, are you serious?)

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker isn't a sport
I don't think its Olympic worthy
jmo