What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympics! Maybe!

Maybe The Card game Olympics. Or Board games Olympics. Then it could half a leg to stand on.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it would be really cool if poker became an Olympic sport, I will continue training to reach an exposed level and maybe I can also represent my country when poker becomes an Olympic sport

O

Olegangelskiy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is like an olympic sport

Я считаю, что покер должен быть признан олимпийским видом спорта. В 2018 году шахматы были признаны, и я считаю, что покер похож на игру в шахматы, с той же стратегией мышления, только с добавлением эмоций. Я думаю, что это будет признано рано или поздно.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love poker. That being said, I believe that it would be a disgrace towards the olympics to have it as an event. Besides, it takes too long to play.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Poker is a nice game for this and for :)sharing skills. The big tournaments have a large audience.​

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don’t think that poker can become an Olympic sport, although in the foreseeable future ... everything can change ... who knows now there are poker world championships ... so ?? who knows what awaits us in the future

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many stereotypes about poker in society and when the opinion about poker as an intellectual game of skill appears in society is unknown. Poker needs a special status in sports. Poker at the Olympics is nothing more than a dream:mad:.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, you can win a tournament being a weak player making the wrong decisions, thanks only to luck. In real sport there is no such possibility. If you run faster - this is not luck, but the result of your training, which no one has seen. In poker, even if you work a lot on your game, sometimes luck is not on your side and you still lose. Therefore, poker will never be included in the Olympic Games.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it will happen any time soon but yeah i think we can call it a sport, coz if you want to play the high level you need preparation and training like in everyother sport, it's like football you can play a game evey week and you don't train

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker does not need to be recognized as an Olympic sport! this is too far from the sport!

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will never be I guess. It's a shady game, they say.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it is a sport

I don't think it is a sport, I believe sports should be physical measures of accomplishments.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Letting poker sit where it is. We who play it love it, but many people do not have beautiful talk about this game because it perceives it as something bad that damages the family budget. The poker game is Olympic only for us. Let's enjoy it with good and bad .

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Imagine the Raw training for this. You have a personal trainer Rocko cussing you out telling you are no good while you are staring at a deck of 50 cards....You're willing yourself you can do it. You pick up the deck of cards with your strong hand....those 6 ounces of cards are about to blow your back out it's so heavy. You take a break and rest your mind for a bit...BACK TO TRAINING time to make a Pyramid out of cards , the overall stress and sudden movements can ruin everything but you don't give up not even when Rocko says you play cards like 17th gender. Now its time for the big training , How to hold your chips at the table , Rockos throwing them at your face but you are snatching them out of the air quicker than a Jackie chan flick. You've done it , You've Max lifted all the Cards you've Stacked all the Chips , Now you're ready for gold...………..but you just broke both your hands in a freak double dutch accident …...Olympics cancelled

Yep , this will never work

A

Ak907native

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice idea but no it shouldn't. More a card game than anything else. They have enough tourneys in Vegas or some foreign country.

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really like the idea, because good poker players win over a long period of time and in a single olympic tournament the luck would influence a lot. I dont think there can be one tournament that will give us the best poker player of the world, like it is in other olympic sports.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be funny. According to the Olympic spirit it would be a freeroll with TOP3 winning a medal...

I think poker isn’t really suitable as an Olympic sport. But hopefully some of the legal restrictions, especially for online poker, will be overcome when more people recognize poker as a strategic game rather than a lottery...

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see it. poker is a game of chance. then preference and other card games there too.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think the Olympic sports are divided into several categories and I do not see where poker can be classified

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The purpose of the Olympics is to allow athletes to compete on an international level that normally is not available to them.

Take gymnastics for example. Gymnastics is competed at the local, state and national level only. Same with weight lifting, skiing, ice skating, swimming, cycling and many other sports. The only way to find out who the best in the world are, is through the Olympics.

In poker, we don't have that problem. Poker players from all over the world are competing with each other in many different events. We know who the best in the world are already. They play against each other all the time.

It's the same thing with Golf and Chess. They don't need the Olympics. We know who the best of the best already are.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would be great.
Would be easier for poker if chess went there first. Chess associations had tried to introduce it in Paris Games, 1924 and in winter games too, but no success so far.
But how poker is very popular nowadays (and rich), it's very possible.
I believe would be a great task to separate the amateurs from the pros.

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be great.
Would be easier for poker if chess went there first. Chess associations had tried to introduce it in Paris Games, 1924 and in winter games too, but no success so far.
But how poker is very popular nowadays (and rich), it's very possible.
I believe would be a great task to separate the amateurs from the pros.

I agree with you No need to think about poker coz we have to see first chess.

it's almost impossible to see poker in the olympic games.:cool: