Things that annoy you about online poker

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play HU cash so I won't say anything about that particular situation.

If I do play cash and there are too many SSers at a table I simply don't join.

To OPs general question:

It annoys me that as soon as there's an obvious spewmonkey at my table there's usually at least one player starting to berate him.

I don't play much live where that won't be an issue as often as online I guess.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you are talking about online play but i play a lot of live cash games and almost never will i buy in for the max. If it is a new game and everyone is starting out than yeah i will buy for a decent amount. But if i am new to the table and i don't know anyone at the table why am i going to jump in for the full amount.

I am not looking to hit and run but if a table has been going for several hours and I sit down I am at a disadvantage. It's real easy to ask the dealer for another marker or pull more cash out of your pocket. But you can't pull money off the table. Plus this makes my job easier. I have had to simplify how i play and now i can focus on what matters most. YOU!

But i love the term window licker. It's one of my all time favorite insults and until now it has been lost in my subconscious for too long.

Not buying in full makes you a window licker yourself

S

stuedoopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay-how's this one...

Hero $6 Villian $6

Hand 1 Villian wins

Stacks now Hero $0 Villian $12

Villian sods off

Is this better??

No problem with that whatsoever.

As long as I have the chance to win their full £5 stacks when they make mistakes I am happy. And they will be punished for the full price.

If I played against people with £1 stacks day in day out. I would never make the £400 odd a month that I currently clear. Simple as that IMO.

Appreciated a lot of people are missing the point, so I think this area is done now.

Anything aside this that annoys you?

S

stuedoopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play HU cash so I won't say anything about that particular situation.

If I do play cash and there are too many SSers at a table I simply don't join.

To OPs general question:

It annoys me that as soon as there's an obvious spewmonkey at my table there's usually at least one player starting to berate him.

I don't play much live where that won't be an issue as often as online I guess.

Exactly,thats a big irritation too. I dont really play 6 max anymore but the number of people berating donkeys was unreal. If they suck out then move on and deal with it. DO NOT EDUCATE THE FISH.

The other thing that annoys me is people moan when they lose with aces. Heard it many a time when somebody raises like tiny pre with aces and get a few callesr on the flop. If you get a bet a raise and a re raise on something like 456hearts and you have 2 black aces just fold the sodding things. ITS ONLY ONE PAIR!!!!

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I agree with the post above me. It is dumb that people think aces is like the holy hand, when it loses like 20% of the time vs any hand pre. Maybe the person should work on raising more pre so tha ttheir aren't so many people flat calling.

seachicken

seachicken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not buying in full makes you a window licker yourself

It's people like you that makes it so i can support all my other hobbies. Thank you!

If you don't understand the value for not buying in full than i wont try to educate you.

I have never played for really low stakes poker 5 buy in. When you play in a a game where buying in low is $800 you may understand.

I will continue to ride the short bus to the bank.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's people like you that makes it so i can support all my other hobbies. Thank you!

If you don't understand the value for not buying in full than i wont try to educate you.

I have never played for really low stakes poker 5 buy in. When you play in a a game where buying in low is $800 you may understand.

I will continue to ride the short bus to the bank.

LOL too funny :D

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thing that annoy me, is Mouthy Little pricks that hide behind there comp....This actually happened to me in an MTT right now, worst was I was being composed but this ****er wouldn't let up on me..
I'm UTG with AKo, I 3x blinds at 10-20 (Made it 60), So this Clown 4 bets me, and I said **** it, if you got AA KK then It is what it is, and I shoved, he auto calls with A9s, Turns a 9, and I lost...

So after this hand, this dude starts saying, I played poorly, I was lucky he didn't have AA, and KK, and AK is always dominated when the money goes in...So I kindly asked this Mule to back off, but this dude wouldn't let up for nothing...So I then proceeded to let him know the facts, I was ahead, he was behind and that he got lucky, I then also was like look before this convo turns brutal just leave me alone... Acouple of hands later he goes back to that same hand that's when one of the rats at the table called the Moderators, and the Mod came and wanted to figure out what happened, then this donk then tells him what happened but by this time, all my Patience was gone and all the mod seen was the leave me the **** alone and WTF's were already out, like are you ****ing Kidding me, Get the **** out of here, lets ****ing go to a different table...

Long story short, Hate Punks that act like they know it all, when they know nada

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those online forums where you realize you're not the only one who can't get tells from people sitting behind another computer screen miles/countries away?

Oh wait...I meant to say: People who spout their mouth at the micro tables when you make a bad move. To me, it's like thinking you're the best at World of Warcraft or picking your nose. Good job, make a career out of that, then we can talk.

ruth99

ruth99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what really really annoys me is people getting into the game who don't belong there..no matter how they do it....sites like this put on these freerolls for their own people..not every russian card shark in town !!!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell you what really annoys me is my own lack of skill in the game. Most of my and other peoples frustrations come from lack of education about the game and guess what people play in other ways to you, some better some worse but when I have the ability to get the smile over correct plays and knowing that I played the hand 100% right then I know I can say I am ok at poker.

This may/prob will never happen but I am not gonna stop trying right now.

shuperstar

shuperstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
things annoying me about online poker would probally be when i would have to wait for the next game to start. and when is the game going to end! Patience for the cards to be dealt ! And how Am i going to squeeze a game of poker in with multitasking ever thing I have to do for the day ...

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is too brilliant haha.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you possible complain about that OP...

G

Ganther

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What annoys me about online poker my bankroll not big enough to get out of micro tourneys, so I have to go through hordes of donks, and fold good hands cause you know some one will suck out and take half your chips or knock you out.

Why is it always the big stack at the table that pushes all in with A rag off suite or 7 2 off suite or some other type of rags. They always seem to hit and knocks you out when you have AA, KK, QQ or some type of mid pair?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after this hand, this dude starts saying, I played poorly, I was lucky he didn't have AA, and KK, and AK is always dominated when the money goes in...So I kindly asked this Mule to back off, but this dude wouldn't let up for nothing...So I then proceeded to let him know the facts, I was ahead, he was behind and that he got lucky, I then also was like look before this convo turns brutal just leave me alone... Acouple of hands later he goes back to that same hand that's when one of the rats at the table called the Moderators, and the Mod came and wanted to figure out what happened, then this donk then tells him what happened but by this time, all my Patience was gone and all the mod seen was the leave me the **** alone and WTF's were already out, like are you ****ing Kidding me, Get the **** out of here, lets ****ing go to a different table...

If he 4-bet, surely he should have folded to your 5-bet because you were likely to have AA or KK. Logic like this just makes me mad.

Why is it always the big stack at the table that pushes all in with A rag off suite or 7 2 off suite or some other type of rags. They always seem to hit and knocks you out when you have AA, KK, QQ or some type of mid pair?
These comments annoy me about online poker. It doesn't always happen. It rarely happens. the chances of getting 72o, it getting pushed, you have AA, calling and loosing is like 1%.

Anyway:

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

As for OP, play a shortstack isn't really as bad as you make out. I kinda understand what your saying but it doesn't make sense. He has to win 3 all ins and you only have to win one so the odds are in your favoure. However when you do win, you only get one buck and he gets five when he wins. Either way it probably evens out.

Where do you play micro HU cash games?

And windowlicker... british terms FTW

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like people who shortstack vs me, I agree with that because obviously they are willing to stack more often. However, it is not always a negative. People with short stack will push a lot lighter making decisions a lot easier for yourself. You can count on them pushing with one pair most of the time.

However, when you say because you risk losing £5.00 to win £1.00, how do you work that out? You will only inevitably be losing £1.00, if you lose the hand. Sure they double up, but it has no relevance in reality. If anything, if you lose, you lost a small proportion of your stack, if they did have a full stack, you would of been losing your full buy-in.

Also you can use your larger stack to advantage in most cases. Most people will only load with minimum purely because they don't have enough in their roll to play with a full buy-in so you can just bully them around a bit more. I would however call it quits if they didn't reload and basically let it run down and down to having nothing left as this is just pointless and boring although it is nice to actually "bust" someone of the table too at the same time!

Anyway the most annoying thing I find in a game is when someone says "thanks" after they win a hand, espically if it's a suckout. Most of the time it's psychological and they are trying to tilt you.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number 3 comes when I reply to them asking why I want them to buy in for £5. I tell them I can lose £5 yet only win £1. simple maths you would have thought....but not for John Q Fish

3."No, you can only lose £1"

I have given up trying to explain why this is incorrect!

You are not RISKING $5 to win $1

You are risking $1 to win $1 the other $4 is irrelevant if villain only has $1.

Scenario:

You buyin for $5 and villian buys in for $1

You both go all in. What is the maximum you can lose in this hand?

ANSWER THIS FIRST

Please THEN explain why you think its $5 and the rest of the world thinks its $1

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciated a lot of people are missing the point, so I think this area is done now.

Anything aside this that annoys you?

The point is in the example you gave, where you bought in for $5 and villain buys in for $1, you claim you are risking $5 and villain correctly points out you are risking only $1

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple maths as in, you have to consider more than one hand.

blah blah blah

By this logic you are risking your entire bankroll every-time you sit down and play any sized stack.

In a cash game your risk in any hand = the effective stack.

You also have the ability to quit at any time so future hands cannot be considered part of your risk.

So your risk when villian buys in for $1 is $1

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Things you hate about online poker"

When the FBI tries to get rid of it.

flushedK

flushedK

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What annoys me about online poker is that the bigger stack almost always wins.If you go all in with a big pair and you are short-stack,and the bigstack calls you ,you are pretty dead.A second pair ,or even a set kills you and he takes your chips.

O

otentik691

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when people call my pocket rocker with hand like 3 7 and suck out my chips cuz they call you and no shame cuz you dont face them