Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Mr Ungar, not at all.

Firstly that statement it incorrect

"our maximum risk is the effective stack."

This would be true if you added

...." in each individual hand" or do you disagree Mr Ungar?

But, Mr Ungar, you didnt thus the statement is factually incomplete.

I completely agree.

The only risk we can calculate is the risk facing us in the current hand.

All future hands are purely speculative and calculations are not based on any known facts and therefore its not possible to state what the risk is on future hands.

Therefore the only risk we concern ourselves with is the current risk, which to reiterate, is the effective stack.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's annoying when u can't play

L

lennysmalls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thing that annoy me, is Mouthy Little pricks that hide behind there comp....

Dingdingding! We have a winner. #1 pet peeve in online poker.
And the most annoying part is that most of these internet tough guys wouldn't have the balls to speak up at a live game.....

Don't let it affect your game though. That's what they are hoping for.

dingo_khan

dingo_khan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Things that annoy me about online poker? Spending my precious internet time not study strategy, but hunting down various information on how to go about playing poker despite the recent news. I have $100 to blow, just need to find that Carbon Poker representative...:confused:

hique0411

hique0411

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
relax guys!
has all kinds of sick at poker!
I just lost $ 112 for a 93 off
and my mom was nothing less than nothing meis AA
the limit of $ 2
I lost to a fool who went all in in front of me and that I would pay obivo.
but patience!

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doj.jpg

Poker2-494x350.jpg

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did studeoo realize he was being ridiculous? he was just manipulating the situation to him losing his $5 stack to a $1 stack. that's easy. "1. no rebuys by either, 2. villian sucks out (not is better or wins but sucks out) every hand, 3. both players play until one has 0" yes in this situation you are risking $5 to win $1. but rebuys ARE available to both. you said you are not only solid but BETTER than most players you play, so wouldn't you win? anyone can leave at any time even if you want their entire roll and are willing to risk your entire roll to get it (see what i did there ;)) and another part was saying for every person willing to risk $1 there is some guy willing to risk $5. isnt that the point of multitable? and wouldn't that mean you can win $6 (assuming no rebuy and no leaving like you think poker is) and isn't $6 more than $5?
I'm glad everyone else who replied has some actually logic and doesn't dismiss very real situations, by saying "yes but i want to play more than one hand, i want no rebuy, i want this and i want that." fact is even if villian buys for 1 bb that that's one more bb than you currently have in your roll, so why would you turn it away?