Sleep and poker.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the experience I have, I have to say that's 100% good advice. Matter of fact, in my opinion, it's not ever good to play while you are tired, because focus, and patience are top of the list for any player while playing. When I'm playing tired, I play like I'm playing a $10 freeroll, and that's without much card.

Claudiox

Claudiox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the rest before a tournament

It would not be a bad idea to try to sleep a short nap before the tournament, I'll try it

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to feel better getting a shuteye before a tourney of any kind. Especially if it's going to be a long one.
I now also realized this when I started to get to the prize places)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep really is a problem, because it can take all your attention, usually happens to me, I am in a very long game, soon lose focus and so I finish eliminated quickly, I will follow this advice before long games, try to rest a little , and see what the result

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you have to think before you start playing the tournament when you're not asleep. :)

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep really is a problem, because it can take all your attention, usually happens to me, I am in a very long game, soon lose focus and so I finish eliminated quickly, I will follow this advice before long games, try to rest a little , and see what the result
in fact, I often lose because of fatigue ... and it makes me very angry

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good advice,I've tried it, and it has a positive effect on every field.
Furthermore prevent, to get tired, for example, in the middle of tournamnet.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to keep sleeping mode,instead sleep u play tourment or try to return money which u lost.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe play cash games for a few weeks while you get your sleep back to normal and then come back to tournaments

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend advised me to sleep before the tournament up to 2 hours
What do you think about it?)
I have not tried it yet ...
But perhaps it's true!

I find that if you want to think as clearly as possible for playing poker, you should get at least 8-9 hours of sleep for at least 2 nights in a row before you start to play. It helps get your mind into its best possible state in my opinion

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is important to sleep well, but not necessarily this kind of thing ... it is more superstition than a rest advantage

B

bmanxx22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sleep schedule

Being rested will definitely help you do better. As far as when to wake up it all depends on you. If your the kind of person that does their best work when they first get up then absolutely do this. If you need a few hours to be on your game then wake up earlier. The important thing out of this is if your taking poker seriously do whatever helps make you a better poker player.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, have you heard about coffee???
No serious, you should be rested. I have my fixed schedule, I start when I wake up and stop when I am too tired to read the stacks. But I do take a 2-3 hrs break most of the time (unless I run deep in a Morning tournament) And one can see it in my play in the evening. If I won a lot in the morning, I can't focus in the evening. Brain damage, or just exhausted???

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never seem to get enuff sleep when playing poker, even though I've fell asleep at tables before hahaha. I had been known to play poker like sum 24 hours straight( not right ):nurse:

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep

Not sleeping at all seems to be the general problem with playing poker!

Having to sleep before a tournament would depend on if your back to back or not, or generally addicted and never stop playing.

If you've done nothing for a day then I see no reason to sleep before a torn. Main thing is to relax and not build up too much as I find over emphasis on a tournament can lead to over play in the early stage or playing too tight.

Just do some breathing excercise and then ten min max dead yoga pose would be sufficient to clear the mind and relax.

Try to chill out don’t stress too much if you’re life depends on it stop playing and do something else.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never did it but I think I will try cause it looks like this sleep is a good benefit.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep is always good

when we are trying to improve our poker game or another sport like futball, basketball or tennis is always good have a rest and sleep well. I do not know if it is necessary to sleep right before the tournament but it is always good sleep well because that allow us to think better and due to that we play better and take better decisions at the poker table.

If we are tired or if we have headache the best decision we can make is just stop playing for a while or just get a rest and then when we feel better start to play

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend advised me to sleep before the tournament up to 2 hours
What do you think about it?)
I have not tried it yet ...
But perhaps it's true!

Good advice, some tournaments are 6-8 hours, exhausting much, so sleep before a long game is necessary.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look both the tournament and the cash poker is a sport we need to have good nights sleep and do physical exercise and good nutrition while sitting all the time can realize that sedentary people lose efficiency if game has people with more regular and good physical activity nights sleep do better
One has to consider drug use mainly who exceeds alkaloid drugs remember talking sanity in poker is crucial to the achievement of positive results

:jd4:mateuspoker

S

skny85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I happens to me too, I guess it depends on how you feel.

If you really feel out of it maybe a nap before tournament will give your mind a

rest before a long session.

If I have a tournament coming up and had not slept enough I will take a nap.

Just make sure you can wake yourself up in time.

Helps to set an alarm or if you have other people living with you have them wake

you up at least an hour before so you can be alert and ready for the tournament.

At the end it really depends on the individual. My friend usually goes for a run in

the morning if he has a tournament in the afternoon. Make sure you eat well (not

too much lol) and keep hydrated . Everyone is different.. find out what works for

you and implement it. If it works maybe make it a routine just like anything else.

Good Luck. Have Fun.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I wake up, I'm so dizzy and not concentrated at all, you can imagine my plays while I'm on that situation haha

D

Dynamon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker should be played in a cheerful state.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forsure poker should be played while alert, we all know that. I just can see anyone having too much success while playing tired. I have done it, and it has not worked out. However, being wide awake didn't help either really. I just plain suck. I'm trying though. Good luck

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this dream a little,or lie down to sleep,sleep,and play the tournament next time,or pick up another tournament for a while,which will allow you to combine normal sleep and the game

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on what time of the day it is. If it's middle of the day or not late evening then you don't need a sleep. Plus, it depends on physiology of the human. You can be sleepy or angry after two hours sleep.