Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really too worried about the HUD right now because I can still just use the old one with PT2. I'm just kind of annoyed they haven't really been fixing any bugs in the tournament part of it and every time someone in the forums brings one up they just say "tournaments are kinda buggy now we'll work on it later". I can't even filter anything for tournaments right now, I really hope they fix it soon.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament support is secondary at PT since most of the users are ring players; most of the tourney features will be added last-minute, I think.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
until... :D :questionm :D :questionm :D :questionm

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do release a beta with a HUD.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when will they be selling it. was supposed to mid march?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man you're lazy, I provided the link and all :/

When will the commercial version of PokerTracker be on sale?
PokerTracker 3 is tentatively scheduled for release by the end of April 2008.
Hud is looking really nice. It's still 'basic', but even at this stage it's very customizable and works very fast.

There are still some issues with it, ie:

Notable things currently missing from the Hud:
  • 1. Popup stats.
    2. Import/Export functionality.
    3. Color ranges.
    4. Filters.
    5. Table list, active player lists/information in the tracker.
    6. Stats on the Replayer.
    7. Polish (transparency, translucency, some formatting options, etc.)
...but I'd be using this immediately if it were more stable (already one crash), and had the popup stats.

Attachments

• hud!.JPG
    hud!.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 10
  • hud!2.JPG
    hud!2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 10
insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice, I am anxious to learn how to use HUD. Is it just me, or do they need to move the config button to the SIDE of the pot $ display?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7. Polish (transparency, translucency, some formatting options, etc.)

Silly me - briefly thought you meant like the language :p

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Silly me - briefly thought you meant like the language :p
Understandable really. Polish immigrants are certainly a hot topic of conversation in the UK at the moment! :p

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Sir Chuck, to install beta 8 do you have to uninstall beta 7 first or does it upgrade beta7, and do you have to download the version with postgre every time, or once you have postgre you only download the smaller file.
Be patient with me I've finally decided to get Poker Tracker, and it is all new to me, treat me like you would a virgin.

Loved the 14 days comment Ian.

Last edited:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Chuck has turned into a sLAG

...... Judging by his stats that is :p

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not have to do anything other than just download the smaller PT3b8 version without postgres.

It upgraded fairly flawlessly after I rebooted my system. Zorba, there may be an issue with Vista. Reading through the PT forums I noticed a spot where others with Vista were referred to a separate download specifically tuned for Vista. I went no further as I don't have Vista, but suggest you seek out that answer there.

Remembering that this is a beta version, there are a few issues with the HUD. Many are probably related to me not being familiar with PT2 and its HUD.
Sizing issues with windows and the placement of the info boxes was my first concern. There is a very tiny box with the PT logo at the top of the window and on PS it was right above the dealer chip rack. Clicking opens an option box with some configurable items. After sizing the window and moving the HUD info to where I wanted them to be, I saved that layout and the problem seems to have been solved.

I have not figured out how to make the info boxes more transparent.

Of concern to me is something that I think may turn out to be problematic for PT. At showdown, when you might decide to not show your cards because you cant beat a hand, you muck your losing cards so the table won't see. PT3 will show all hands that go to showdown. I am tossing this over in my mind and it still seems to be borderline unethical. I will entertain all arguments.

Other than that this beta is getting close to final release, and looks wonderful. Happy beta tester here.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can actually look in the hand history to find out anybody's mucked cards. PAHUD and presumably PT3HUD just shows the cards to you for convenience, rather than opening up the HH window.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can actually look in the hand history to find out anybody's mucked cards. PAHUD and presumably PT3HUD just shows the cards to you for convenience, rather than opening up the HH window.

True. Full Tilt puts them in the graphical hand history. PS and Ultimatebet bury them in the text.

I about freaked when I installed v8 beta and the HUD popped up right in the middle of my cash game. Figured out that the statistics are set to the original table layout - so if you select a seat, you have to move everything around to match people's positions. (that's a pain in the butt - even though it is just a click and drag action).

The mucked cards display also doesn't follow the moved seating.

I also donked off double my buy-in on the table while I was trying to think about all this...

One of these days, I might figure out how to read the darn things. In the meantime, I just turned them off.

Last edited:
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using the BETA 8 version now and I love the new HUD, it's great and man all the stats right there are fantastic to have at your disposal.

My only problem is that I think my database got f'd up, and i need to rebuild it, does anyone know how?

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded it and everything but ive never used it before, its very confusing to me, can someone help me figure it all out?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, I will definitely have to buy the release. Very nice beta 8 version. Can't wait until they add more to the HUD -- very sleek.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nvm, I figured everything out. Now I just have to look at my small sample size of hands played and see how I can improve.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure I really like the black box that all the stats are in, but I can get used to that I guess :p I'm not sure what stats to put on the table though really. I'm looking forward to when people can put their layouts in the repository on the PT3 website for everyone to use, that will be awesome I think.

S

sk1pper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its pretty confuse for me lol im kind new :p

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2008/04/13 23:11:18: Auto-Import beginning
2008/04/13 23:12:48: pokerstars: Starting auto-import.
2008/04/13 23:12:49: PokerStars: Found 0 files to monitor.

I downloaded it and everything and hit Start Auto-Import and Start Site Import and this is what came up, Id love to learn how to use this thing!! Its very very confusing though!

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide