Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm getting a pop-up every time I start it now, saying PT3 Beta 2 is available for download, which has a hand history crash and accuracy fix and allows you to run it without postgre installed. I'm not exactly sure what it means, or how it would be useful without postgresql, but I am bound to find out.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just means the newer version of the beta is out - go ahead and download it :)

Graeddfil

Graeddfil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get this messege when i try to import my hands.

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 Beta DB1). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Anyone that could help me?

Thank you.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chuck, I love you more than cake itself, THIS is amazing!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally got mine running and am proud to report my Gus Hansen skillz with 42s... Aces?!! I don't need no stinkin' aces!!!
And you gotta admire that 67% vp$ip with 42s and what's that, 75% with 76s?

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get this messege when i try to import my hands.

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3 Beta DB1). Reason: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Anyone that could help me?

Thank you.

Didnt have this with PT but while coding in Visual C. May be the .Net foundation. Try Downloading and installing DOTNETFX from Microsoft (Its free)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Old database error" followed by an
"Unable to access database error"

Working with PT support I found that with my system I have to do -

START->Programs->postgreSQL 8.2->Stop Service.

A dos window appears, telling me the service is stopped. I can then Start the Service (same way, different choice) and all is well.

For some reason postgreSQL starts on my system at boot. I can think of several reasons to want as few processes as possible at boot. Hi end graphic games comes to mind. The cleaner the boot, the better the performance for those games.

I mentioned this to PT support, suggesting they alter the start up script for PT3 to first stop the SQL service, then start it again. This would nearly always provide a clean known state at start up for postgreSQL.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I finally downloaded the beta and I have a really stupid question to ask. Maybe I'm just tired, maybe I'm just really stupid but I can't find where I put what my screen name is. In Poker Tracker 2 I went to the preferences tab and put in my username but now I can't find a preferences tab...

I feel so damn stupid right now, I'm sure it's right in front of me.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any of you testers that are existing PT users:

Did you have to overwrite V2 to test the beta? I'd like to check out the new version (especially once they release the HUD) but I am afraid of screwing up my current version. If I can just install to a different location and copy my existing db I'll give the trial a go.

Thanks.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I finally downloaded the beta and I have a really stupid question to ask. Maybe I'm just tired, maybe I'm just really stupid but I can't find where I put what my screen name is. In Poker Tracker 2 I went to the preferences tab and put in my username but now I can't find a preferences tab...

I feel so damn stupid right now, I'm sure it's right in front of me.

It's not a feature yet. Kind of a pain, but you have to type your name in every time until they update it with the equivalent of the preferences tab. Don't worry, I thought I was nuts not seeing it either :p

In the future just search/post in their forum at PokerTracker • Index page

They're extremely helpful and are around all the time now since they're really grinding it out trying to finish the thing off. They'll listen to any bugs/requests etc.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any of you testers that are existing PT users:

Did you have to overwrite V2 to test the beta? I'd like to check out the new version (especially once they release the HUD) but I am afraid of screwing up my current version. If I can just install to a different location and copy my existing db I'll give the trail a go.

Thanks.

Nope, it's a completely different program. Go ahead and try it :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn Chuck you're too fast. You quoted me before I edited for my trial/trail error.

Oh yeah and thanks.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, I have no life :/

And you're welcome.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just realized that I might as well start using it.

Since PAHUD is tied in with PT3 (I think), then PT2 + PAHUD will become unsupported at some point, which will make PAHUD unusable eventually since he site updates sometimes require PAHUD upgrades.

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow not bad does work for windows xp and new windows. my friend want to used it

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent 8+ years as a software tester, so I've been having some fun beta testing this. (Maybe it's time for me to go back to software testing again.)
I discovered a bug with importing pokerstars freeroll hands, but I was told it would be fixed in the next beta release (4).
The last week or so has been my first exposure to PokerTracker, so it is very interesting to me. The one thing though is that I find myself more interested in what is going into PT3 rather than what is actually happening on the felt. This can be a costly distraction.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm...it wont work for me on full tilt what im doing wrong?

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm...it wont work for me on full tilt what im doing wrong?
Does it work for you with your PS HH's?
Have you set up full tilt poker to load your FTP HH's to your PC? (From FTP menu Options > Hand History... Check Save My Hand Histories.) Then make sure to download the PT3 version with the SQL database?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody fooled around with the hud yet and got it to work?

I've finally set it up to work properly with full ring, though it's a bit messy. Could share the code if someone wants.

3-bet stats are SICKKKKKKCKCKCKCKCKCK btw...

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 42
skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wtf are you doing at 1/2c?

I ran the HUD once but shortly after realized I need to edit it to get the numbers displayed and haven't done so yet. I like the pick and drop feature.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf are you doing at 1/2c?

Testing the hud :)

I ran the HUD once but shortly after realized I need to edit it to get the numbers displayed and haven't done so yet. I like the pick and drop feature.

That part's pretty easy. The instructions on the site should work - specifically these (FOLLOW EVERY STEP!) PokerTracker • Login

Anyways, I've got no idea what to do when it comes to code but I still managed to figure out how it worked. Shouldn't be too hard.

A

AutoArt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT 3 is awesome! I've already found a few leaks with my game. I just can't get the HUD to work =[ the boxes show up but no numbers show up. Thanks a lot Chuck!

EDIT: got the numbers to show up :) At first it was only showing numbers for that session only but now its showing numbers for all the history in my HH.

Last edited:
A

AutoArt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Realy quick off topic question. How does it figure out flop aggression, river aggression, cbets and stuff?? Like what do the numbers exactly mean?? And are the aggression and cbets supposed to be in percent? Sorry, this is my first time using PT and a hud.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like a fresh beta will be showing up very soon. Possibly today (purely my guess, it was hinted that a fresh beta would show up last Friday).

The PT forum is mentioning that many are seeing an expiration notice, and the reply is that the freshest beta will come soon.

Before final release, the built in HUD will be beta tested according to that forum.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely interested in figuring out how to host my DB online. I have a remote (linux) server that I guess I could use. Have any of you figured out how to set this up?

Guys, apparently PT works with Postgres on Linux. I haven't done it yet, but plan on doing it. If there is more interest, I will perhaps get more motivated.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, Linux is a free UNIX operating system (an alternative to Windows). There is PostgresSQL for Linux as well.

If Linux is used as a server, the database resides there and it can be accessed by PT from any computer. One can even set it up so that the database is accessible over the Internet.

The advantage is that you can use multiple computers(desktop, laptop) and still have access to PT's data.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide