No HUD No Problem

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, the only reason that you would make a 24 table video is to show off because you won't have enough time to make any rational helpful comments on your play.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol actually i saw videos of players playing 24 tables.

Jagsti did a video on Cardschat doing 24 tables of, I think it was 100NL FR, and with no HUD because it wasn't working.

Yea, the only reason that you would make a 24 table video is to show off because you won't have enough time to make any rational helpful comments on your play.

Ye, I think part of the reason that Jagsti did the video was due to me nagging him just to watch 24 tables.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol actually i saw videos of players playing 24 tables. There is a different aproach and table ninja is a good asset for this. I did not see them tile tables or cascade. Simply the windows pop up in front and they just move the tables of interest to the left or right while they play. First of all they mostly play premiums. Their VPIP is small. Second they do not play for actuall big profit but for rakeback or points (like Pokerstars). This is their strategy. Small ROI almost zero but a lot of points or rakeback. But to reach that lvl they first mastered solid poker play. Do not think those players will not kick your a..s hard if they play only 3-4 tables.
Actually i think i saw Blackrain from Drag The bar playing 12 tables. And he said that his ROI when multitable is verry small . Compared to that he said that his winrate at 4 tables is incredibly high and he actually thinking a lot if to mass multitable or stick to 4 tables and go up next lvl in blinds.
Anyway. The best players in the world do not multitable more than 4-5.. max 8 (I think Elky is playing 16 tables max) But they go up to the next lvl of blinds because the profit they make is much bigger than what Supernova Elite from Pokerstars or rakeback from FT has to offer.

Overall, I think this is a good description of the typical multi tabler but I have to disagree with the bolded part. Pre Black Friday Dusty Schmidt and Randy Lew were Mass Multi-tablers who were among the best online players IMO.

As for the HUD argument, HUDs are just another tool for a good player to use. While some of the responses to OP were harsh, it gets frustrating when people come here spouting uninformed nonsense without bothering to do any research of their own. Since WVHB is a mod he gets to deal with people like that even more than the rest of us. Mr.Monkey had the best explanation of HUDs for OP if he bothers to read it but he either won't read it or won't understand it so meh.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the BlackRain vids. I've watched, if you listen carefully to what he's saying > it's not profitable for him to be playing 12 tables while making a video & is unable to comment on play very well with soooo many tables. Much better to just play ~4tables for making vids. (pretty sure he's always playing at least 12tables, guessing more like 20.. but he keeps 'hide from player search' on
Man that was what he said at the begginning at that episode. But he said in another video what i said. I will go to my friend who has an acount on DTB to watch all the videos again and i will tel you in what episode he said that. But i am preety sure that he said he observed his incredible winrate when he was forced to play 4 tables so that he can explain the hands.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
since when did everyone get so sensitive? WVH calls op dumb, everyone jumps to OP's defense "dont be mean!" like wtf?

I think Op can handle himself itt

and if you don't like huds, dont play online/play on bodog (stolen from fletchdad)

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huh? How is this even relevant?

bc op is complaining that huds should be illegal. His reasoning was that there are no huds in live poker, its an unfair advantage etc.

Therefore, if you dont like huds, dont play online? play live, ez solution

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall, I think this is a good description of the typical multi tabler but I have to disagree with the bolded part. Pre Black Friday Dusty Schmidt and Randy Lew were Mass Multi-tablers who were among the best online players IMO.

Lol @ saying leatherass is "among the best online players". Just lol.

Most profitable, sure. But amongst the best players in the world? Come on man, he's not even in the same league.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Most profitable, sure. But amongst the best players in the world? Come on man, he's not even in the same league.

I cant remark on his playing style or how "good" or "bad" it is, but to state he is the most profitable, IDK, I wouldnt care if I am great or if I suck if I constantly show a profit......

And am not sure how to do that if I am not good anyway........

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yea, Phill Hellmuth is the best cash game player in the worldz obv...

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, Phill Hellmuth is the best cash game player in the worldz obv...
Yeah, he has been crushing everyone @ NL Holdem cash games and side games for 13 years. He doesn't need your approval :p

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, money is how we keep score so I would include that in judging him although its not the only factor. He is certainly no Durr, or Jungleman12 or Ivey but I would think he would rank somewhere in the top 15 or twenty in the world.

But it doesn't really matter anyways. I'm sure he's not sweating our opinion of him while he plays golf and lives the life of leisure with all of that money he made. :)

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, money is how we keep score so I would include that in judging him although its not the only factor. He is certainly no Durr, or Jungleman12 or Ivey but I would think he would rank somewhere in the top 15 or twenty in the world.

But it doesn't really matter anyways. I'm sure he's not sweating our opinion of him while he plays golf and lives the life of leisure with all of that money he made. :)
Imo leatherass is just a guy that found out how to beat the system. Not that that's bad or anything, it's cool he's making money and all. I just don't think he's all that good. I'd put him prolly in TOP 100 for his grinding skills, but other than that, his poker is nothing special.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Buster I used a hud for awhile,I'd rather save my money now,they do give u info on peoples tendencies but there not 100% it's more general info because we are human and have a tendency to do things differently some times, I like the old fashion way of things where u get on a new table and u sit back and watch how people play, u can get a general idea after 5-10 hands :smokin:

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo leatherass is just a guy that found out how to beat the system. Not that that's bad or anything, it's cool he's making money and all. I just don't think he's all that good. I'd put him prolly in TOP 100 for his grinding skills, but other than that, his poker is nothing special.

I re read my post above, and I was a bit confusing in my wording, I think.

What I meant was (as was also hinted at by alaskabill) if you call him the most profitable, does it really matter how you see his style of poker? Isnt poker supposed to be profitable?

One can say "he aint a great player" but you could take a formula one 3x world champion and say he aint the best driver...

ya see what I mean??

Seems to me hes on to something........

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prolly crush him in my 'freeroll skills' & I figure I'm prolly only in Top 10,000 atm in freeroll skillz, but basically cuz I've discovered how to beat the freeroll system.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you figured out how to beat the game/system consistently, wouldn't that thereby make you part of the best?

If I found out a way to beat every NBA basketball championship team as a coach with a bunch of high schoolers, would that not make me one of the best coaches? Doing something that is far beyond the norm would make you part of that group of the best.

_dogmeat

_dogmeat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually guys, you are right! Poker is not just about natural born talent. There is also discipline, BRM, professionalism and so on. And Dusty excels in these areas. As you said, he might not be Dwan or Ivey, but he found a way to beat the game and make some decent bank for himself, and that's something!

I would take someone like Dusty over Isildur every day of the year. He's just so consistent it's mind boggling. Anyhow, sorry I derailed the thread. Did not want to troll.
Cheers!

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all good Dogmeat. :) I always think its interesting to discuss things like this. Its a big part of what makes forums like this enjoyable.

GL

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone see 'leatherass' play in that highstakes game last year?
From what I have heard he did very well.

Video:

(Only reason he played that game was the hope of Isildur1 showing up to play)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dumb people are dumb.

Sorry WV, I think you're a good guy and everything but I agree with others that this post was unnecessary and rude. Yes he could have searched the forum but it's clear from his first post that he just misunderstood what a HUD is. Members will only stick around if people are polite, and it gives Cardschat a really bad image when someone posts a thread and the only reply is an insult. I wouldn't want to post on a forum like that personally...

3) Some people can multi-table quite effectively at up to 20 tables or more (not me I hasten to add!). If you come across a multi-tabler who can't then you have an edge over him - exploit it.

Not going to say any names but I know of at least one grinder who multitables a lot of tables (and sites) without a HUD. He's up $500k on pokerstars alone after 10k MTTs :)

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDs are a part of the game. It's not absolutely vital to use them, I prefer to play MTTs without them - though I do play 1 at a time and try to analyse everything as much as possible.

My advice? Deal with it.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry WV, I think you're a good guy and everything but I agree with others that this post was unnecessary and rude. Yes he could have searched the forum but it's clear from his first post that he just misunderstood what a HUD is. Members will only stick around if people are polite, and it gives Cardschat a really bad image when someone posts a thread and the only reply is an insult. I wouldn't want to post on a forum like that personally...
The problem is that there are hundreds of posts just like this that start out with people complaining about stuff that they obviously know absolutely nothing about or that have been covered hundreds of times before. It would be one thing if it's something that's been covered before if it is something of legitimate value, like going over topics like "3Bing from the blinds" or "playing marginal hands in position", because those topics, when discussed, can help people with certain situations in their games. But the topics that have been covered a million times like this one, and, "I Havez Prrof that FoolTilt is Rigg3d", and "List your 10 Favorite poker books" aggravate the hell out of the people who are constantly looking at the forums, so when they come up, over and over and over again, yea, those people are going to be ridiculed because had they just spent 15 seconds to search, then they would have been able to avoid making that thread.

OP has since learned that he was completely wrong on his original thoughts, and I am glad that he did, but it all could have easily been avoided.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Actually guys, you are right! Poker is not just about natural born talent. There is also discipline, BRM, professionalism and so on. And Dusty excels in these areas. As you said, he might not be Dwan or Ivey, but he found a way to beat the game and make some decent bank for himself, and that's something!

I would take someone like Dusty over Isildur every day of the year. He's just so consistent it's mind boggling. Anyhow, sorry I derailed the thread. Did not want to troll.
Cheers!
So Dusty's not that great.. but now he's better than Isildur?
I heard he's just luckboxed the system.. but is a 5to1 fav. over Tom Dwan in HU.