*** January's Juxtaposed Pokahz Chat ***

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the last few days since I've went down, re-evaluated, etc. I've been running ~18/17 with 8% 3-bet.

wow, you'd think that leads to a higher NSD than mine, no a lower one.

Come to think of it, maybe the bunch of the difference is in somewhat marginal river decisions like those two hands in HA:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-game-hand-analysis-50/100nl-fr-666-bottom-set-139500/

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-game-hand-analysis-50/100nl-fr-qq-vs-beluga-raise-139292/

in both cases i think folding or calling have somewhat similar EV - i.e. we'll loose what we put in the pot so far - but you fold so that -EV is recorded as NSD, while I call and that -EV is recorded as SD. But it does not really affect profitability.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A general tip regarding 3-betting: If you want to increase your 3-betting frequency, the trick is to start 3-betting people who fold to 3-bets with any-two, not widen the range with which you 3-bet light. If someone folds less than 50% to 3-bets, just don't 3-bet light.

yeah, i got that. Also, i've started 3betting a lot looser from the BTN when the 2better is appropriate and i'm taking down a ton of pots that way.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've finally bought myself Hold'em Manager. I don't have the license yet but using the trial for now.

Quick question: is it possible to display my own stats for session only whereas the stats for the other players are displayed lifetime?
I have 300K hands, so displaying my own stats for all of those would be, uh, pretty insane and useless.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine displays my stats for each table for just that session, all hands on other opponents are lifetime. i thought that was the default? cause i don't remember changing any options to do that

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've finally bought myself Hold'em Manager. I don't have the license yet but using the trial for now.

Quick question: is it possible to display my own stats for session only whereas the stats for the other players are displayed lifetime?
I have 300K hands, so displaying my own stats for all of those would be, uh, pretty insane and useless.

actually you can display your own stats at each table on its own, which is really what matters as it describes your table image better. don't have HEM here (i'm at work) but it's somewhere in the HUD options.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine displays my stats for each table for just that session, all hands on other opponents are lifetime. i thought that was the default? cause i don't remember changing any options to do that

Same as that. I changed nothing either, it was just the default setting, and the setting that makes the most sense.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bleh and Yea!

First straight flush of year. bad thing was it while I was multi tabling rampaging and hadn't reloaded in time.

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2
bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ooh thanks! That will make it easier for me to do this then.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine displays my stats for each table for just that session, all hands on other opponents are lifetime. i thought that was the default?
Oh yeah, you might be right. I'm trying it out right now and this does seem to be the default.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So - before I go to all the trouble to get PT back on my pc after the hard drive disaster should I:

- use PT2 which I laready own
-upgrade to PT3
-forget PT and use HEM (since it will be supporting tournaments in the future)

I need to use the one that easiest to install, set-up and work with

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say I much preferred PT2 over PT3 fwiw.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, for those of you who are buying HEM, it only costs $45 when you're a stoxpoker member.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question If I make a note on a player in PT3 will it show up when I am at the tables that I have a note on this player??

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you have PT3 running it will show up yeah.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where will it show up on my HUD or like the stars notes do ?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in HEM it shows up when you click the top left of the HUD box. Can't remember where it shows up on PT3. If you hover over the villains name it might show!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
according to the vanquish theorem, i have herpes :(

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the jagsti theorem, you're about to experience an extreme boomswitch session, then. :D

Well actually the last 3 days have been a boomswitch. Does that disprove the Jagsti theorem?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got a 1.16 conversion rate from USD to CAD today :cool:

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well actually the last 3 days have been a boomswitch. Does that disprove the Jagsti theorem?

Impossible unless you're superuser or something, imo. Don't you know that BONUS CLEARING ON STARS IS THE SICKEST, GAYEST, RIGGGEDIEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!! :D

Maybe you finished clearing it 3 days ago and the notification was delayed by a snow storm or something? Must be an explanation...