*** January's Juxtaposed Pokahz Chat ***

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure you're applying those theories right there Jurn. Like in the hand where you held JJ, that board wasn't dry at all. And v-betting a straight there in the thin v-bet hand on the end isn't thin either. Lots of worse hands call you there. I'm not sure yeti theorum is even reliable anymore either.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mvra: rare fish Supernova
Irexes: standard shortstack
mvra: f*u* fish
Irexes: sorry can't hear you over this pile of your money

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I see you're still pimpin ur SN stars :D

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see you're still pimpin ur SN stars :D

Definitely helps in tournaments given the aggressive way I play them. Less sure about ring... ... but they make me feel special, so they're staying :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lol 7/7 shortstackers calling anyone else fish. I'd have asked when he planned on learning real poker :).

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you sir are a rare species

also jurn, i don't think you understand the yeti theorem, since in all 4 of the hands you thought it was applied, it wasnt. You apply the yeti theorm in a spot where say you have 6's and you check raise the preflop raiser in a HU pot on a 7,5,5 board and they shove, the yeti theorem implies that they are bluffing so you call. Although it doesnt really work anmore, since slowplaying isn't really around as much anymore, and people will shove 7's, 5' and overpairs on that board nowadays

Last edited:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Impossible unless you're superuser or something, imo. Don't you know that BONUS CLEARING ON STARS IS THE SICKEST, GAYEST, RIGGGEDIEST THING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!!! :D

Maybe you finished clearing it 3 days ago and the notification was delayed by a snow storm or something? Must be an explanation...

That surely has to be the case. I can't think of any other rationale that makes sense tbh!

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

rofl. this is great stuff.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

idk i've played with some supernova guys who seem just horrid. ALOT of the SN guys that play ring are barely break even players i think.

First session of 1/2 HU that i've had for a while. Probably will stick with .5/1 for a while coz the swings are pretty wicked (for me) at 1/2. Was nice to end up a little over a buy in up considering i was 2 down after 50 hands lol. Up almost $2500 this month so that is nice.

It is weird, i moved to party and even tho i can't play 6 max there because the software is so inferior to stars when it comes to multitabling (stars is the only place i've played where i can play 10+ tables, tho i'm sure Ftilt is the same) and i just time out all over the place coz the tables don't pop up properly, just like ipoker. But i can 3 table HU on party pretty easily (tho i never could on stars...think stars deals faster), so my hands/hr is ~600 now which makes a HUGE difference. At stars i could only really hit 400 (whether 2 tabling HU or like 6/7 tabling 6 max). But stars>>>>>>>>>>>party for 6max/FR coz it is a struggle to play even 6 tables on party without timing out (small moniter, can't tile) and trying to table select on top of that is just a disaster. I'm also pretty sure that HU tables for party is a super new thing (like last few weeks maybe).

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea it doesn't seem bad at all. It is a bitch trying to get money in there (imo) because they just turn you over and lay into you up when it comes to the exchange rate. But i only deposited $500 USD (so $620CAD or something) and just used the bank one, because i figure i'll just withdraw large sums via bank wire and let the bank handle the exchange rate when it comes to the bulk of the money transfer (ultimately it doesn't matter if you get shorted on $15 or whatever in the deposit).

And you used to multitable ipoker right? So i'm pretty sure you'd have no trouble with party software...6max seems pretty weak from what i've seen but i just can't multitable it efficiently enough on my shitty laptop to justify playing it. If you have a big moniter and can tile, then it would be no problem max (12 i think) multitabling there. HU seems pretty equivalent to what you would get at stars (quality wise) with about 1/3 the volume, but the VIP program is light years ahead of stars WHEN (and probably only when) you are a low volume HU player. I would literally be getting like 3% rakeback on stars, but party does its points for #hands at a certain stake, even if they are HU hands.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Max open tables for Party is 18. And I can't recommend anyone use the new layout, because that just sucks so much system resources that it's not even funny. I don't know how they programmed it, but 8 tables of new layout party requires more of my computer than anything else I've thought to do with it.

Party has some neat features, but I still prefer Stars' software. At least in theory. I've noticed that now that I'm most accustomed to Party, I feel a bit weird playing on Stars.

Also, I run like shit on Stars. That doesn't help.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FullTilt's setometer is broken tonight, IMO.

Attachments

• seto.jpg
    seto.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk i've played with some supernova guys who seem just horrid. ALOT of the SN guys that play ring are barely break even players i think.

Well considering there are elites who lose money before bonuses, I'm sure there are losing supernovas.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting unstuck for a session is a very pleasing feeling indeed imo!

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was just hilarious from when i played earlier today. Would be incredibly hard to find a fold here, but just wtf @ how awful he played it. Was nice too, considering i started the session off with turned flush > trips w/2nd kicker in 3B pot and set > TPTK in 3B pot.

BTN: $266.60 (133.3 bb)
Hero (BB): $234.80 (117.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with T
club4.gif
club4.gif

BTN calls $1, Hero checks

Flop: ($4) J
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4) 9
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

River: ($11.60) 6
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $229 and is all-in, BTN calls $229

Results: $469.60 pot ($0.50 rake)
BTN showed A
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
(a full house, Sixes full of Aces) and lost (-$234.80 net)
Hero showed T
club4.gif
club4.gif
(four of a kind, Sixes) and won $469.10 ($234.30 net)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First 25nl session, and cash, since like Jan 2 and I have to say I like a lot.
Beginning of the session I ran into a cooler. But the tables where super duper extremely mega fishy at party tonight so I ended up making it back and then some, didn't tilt just kept playing and I think I was playing decent again. I tried to tone down my aggression and I didn't once double or triple barrel with air (yey me right -.-) and I even checked quite a number of flops I would 100% cbet in the past when I didn't hit.

The most fish table of them all took a buy in off me when I had AA and 4 people call my 3.5x bb raise and K8 flops top 2 pair. TBH I probably played it bad anyways. I flatted his flop bet and shoved on Q turn thinking KQ got there. Shoulda most likely reraised the flop. But anyways a flopped nut flush with KQs in a 6 way pot after another 3.5bb raise (!) got me back on top and then some on that table alone.

I'm glad and I hope I can grind it out this time and stick with cash. I gotta move up the ranks if I'm to be at 100/200nl by the end of the year right ;).

Graph cause I'm a whore.

Attachments

• Sessions Results Graph.jpg
    Sessions Results Graph.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw, I'm gonna buy HEM and gonna pay via site transfer on Party.

In order to do transfers on Party you need to become a preferred member though. There's a link in the account/profile page somewhere but every time I click it Party freezes and my comp melts down. I'm waiting to hear back from support, anybody got a suggestion/workaround or experience with becoming a preferred member on party ?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw, I'm gonna buy HEM and gonna pay via site transfer on Party.

In order to do transfers on Party you need to become a preferred member though. There's a link in the account/profile page somewhere but every time I click it Party freezes and my comp melts down. I'm waiting to hear back from support, anybody got a suggestion/workaround or experience with becoming a preferred member on party ?

it's a huge bitch and you have to send them a copy of your license/utility bill/fingerprints/penis length to get it done

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was just hilarious from when i played earlier today. Would be incredibly hard to find a fold here, but just wtf @ how awful he played it. Was nice too, considering i started the session off with turned flush > trips w/2nd kicker in 3B pot and set > TPTK in 3B pot.

BTN: $266.60 (133.3 bb)
Hero (BB): $234.80 (117.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with T
club4.gif
club4.gif

BTN calls $1, Hero checks

Flop: ($4) J
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4) 9
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

River: ($11.60) 6
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $229 and is all-in, BTN calls $229

Results: $469.60 pot ($0.50 rake)
BTN showed A
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
(a full house, Sixes full of Aces) and lost (-$234.80 net)
Hero showed T
club4.gif
club4.gif
(four of a kind, Sixes) and won $469.10 ($234.30 net)

please don't tell me you checked flop to c/r? :smile:

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please don't tell me you checked flop to c/r? :smile:

? no i was planning on c/fing :|. He normally bet pot on the flop after limping so yes i was going to c/r. Not that much point to donking, coz you never get a chance to build any sort of pot after pf limp unless they are super aggro/spewy postflop, esp from somebody who normally fires flop. Pretty horrid call on the river anyways. I can't have QQ+ here coz it isn't in my preflop range, but EVERY SINGLE combo of the remaining 6 is in my range since it was a limp check pot. And only a retard would value shove a J here, ergo my range is almost 100% quads and in any case certainly much more than the 50% he'd need to call. But he doesn't know that so i can't fault the river call as much as the absolutely idiotic pf/flop/turn play. I don't think i have ever seen a hand butchered on every street as bad as this one in my life.

It is a good thing to do however (shoving when you hit quads with 3 on board) because ppl just hate to fold FHs, never give you credit for quads and just think you are trying to bully them off of a chop.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
? no i was planning on c/fing :|. He normally bet pot on the flop after limping so yes i was going to c/r. Not that much point to donking, coz you never get a chance to build any sort of pot after pf limp unless they are super aggro/spewy postflop, esp from somebody who normally fires flop. Pretty horrid call on the river anyways.

that is a pretty sound reason to c/r flop then. I was just assuming that based on how he played hte aces, he was a passive calling station so just assumed you'd want to be leading into him