How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
mrdeedreid

mrdeedreid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 tables is in my comfort zone for making good decisions, I think. I start getting a little anxious at 7+ and notice I'm more

likely to get all-in where I otherwise wouldn't with 4-6. I don't use any in-game poker software atm.

Maybe a monitor that's bigger than 13" would help? Haha.

Also, wondering how nanonoko did 24 tables profitably. Unreal to me.

So how about you guys?

Last edited:
SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comfortable with 4 here, but playing better with 2 right now at $5 NL FR.

I think there needs to be a limit, it's causing A LOT of problems.

bodonk

bodonk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
comfortable with 4 but I can go 8-9 with ease. But I like to do other stuff too while playing poker (like watching youtube videos) and I cant do that while playing 9 tables.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No more than three tables and necessarily social set.V this case I do not lose their vigilance.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the stakes but at 2nl im comfortable with 8-9 i have hold em manager running so i cant identify the weaker players and the nits so i just play abc and dont worry about keeping track of every single detail

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 tables
If im only on one site at a time, I can go with upto 8.

If I am on two at the same time, its normally only 4.
2 from each is more than enough, as they just dont cope running side by side on my puter for some reason.

Love ya profile pic btw.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am comfortable with 6 tables.its very important to find the right number of tables for tha maximum profit

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 is my absolute max to still make good decisions and have at least some +EV

3 is pretty profitable for me, with 2 resulting in even better decisions.

I'm mostly a live player. I'm used to 1 :)

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like multitabling at all. I think those skills differ among different personalities. Personally i have found that i tend to make mistakes even if i play 2 tables. So i just like to camp out on one table and put all my energy and concentration on one table itself. I do consider that a drawback because i am not capable of tapping the full potential of online poker but "if i don't enjoy it then i don't do it". So i like to be comfortable and play one table and for those who can multitable and enjoy it simultaneously well "good for them".

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I can eight table, but you know, once you go higher, you autopilot and play your ABC poker. I can also four table zoom/rush (which is fun). Six tables makes me feel much more comfortable, but then I check other stuff which is bad for my game.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually play 3 or max 4 tables, but i prefer to play at different clients at the same time.
yesterday i have surpassed myself when i was playing 3 tournaments at PKR, two at betsafe and two at party poker, but that was not serious playing and windows were jumping all the time.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im good with 2-4 tables unless im playing in a really big MTT.. Than I will only play that one to make sure I focus on everything I can!

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am mostly strickly A tournament player and hardly ever play cash games anymore.
I only play one select tournament at A time unless it is impossible,like yesterday played in the bovada freeroll,and the BDPO game started and hour later,so had to multi table them,but generally only play one at a time,
Now if for some reason I get A hair and am in the mood to play a cash game I will generally play 4 tables at A time,but rarely do I play cash :)

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends.

20 I can handle. But I prefer around 10.

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing just one. Then I can really focus on what's happening. A buddy showed me a picture the other day. He had 12 tournaments set up on his 52" tv. He's not a profitable player either. I keep telling him to come here. I hope he does.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 tables is the maximum for me.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a try at eight yesterday. (4FT/4PS).

poker stars has issues. Seems to always lose windows behind each other & not come back to the top. They normally pop-up ok, but with both sites open, what a mess.

Thats fine by me, Im not PS fan anyway. I might start enjoying it when my varience get there. Only been there for 4 years & still dont like it.

After that I tried each site individually.

Yep Poker Stars still failed. Im using a LapTop atm, so I cant expect much, so it might get better when I have the PC upgraded.

Im in the process of multi-screening my Racing sim. Once I have 3 screen, Poker stars can have a screen all to themselves. If their software keeps doing it after that, its adios amigos to that.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

YIKES ... Whats the deal with the pic size ....

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 tables is in my comfort zone for making good decisions, I think. I start getting a little anxious at 7+ and notice I'm more

likely to get all-in where I otherwise wouldn't with 4-6. I don't use any in-game poker software atm.

Maybe a monitor that's bigger than 13" would help? Haha.

Also, wondering how nanonoko did 24 tables profitably. Unreal to me.

So how about you guys?

In my opinion its only possible to be 100 % focused at one table.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12-15 was my optimum for 9 mans, anything past that my ROI declined rapidly. playing 6max now and 10 is about the maximum at the moment, hoping to get it to 12 in the next few months.

DarkRoster33

DarkRoster33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play alot on psychology and looking at people to determine when they will make mistake i can earn on, so i can't do that on more than 3 tables together,

i can't even remember at some how many times who when how acted, when went all in or everything and if i don't focus i am like playing against total strangers and ofcourse i will lose because they know me better than i do them

Lucky ones who can think of system and play 10 - 20 tables, not there yet

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
2 or 3 tables max. After that I tends towards entering push or fold mode

Top 10 Games