DOJ adds Lederer/Ferguson/Furst to Complaint - Claims defrauded poker players

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad FT owners are getting what they deserved, seeing that I'll never get my money back. Long live pokerstars! They were apparently the only credible site to be operating after the UIGEA. I miss you PokerStars! I want you back in my life.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long live PokerStars! They were apparently the only credible major site to be operating in the USA after the UIGEA.

FYP, as there are plenty of credible ones operating outside the US (Party, etc) and I don't know if you meant to tar sites such as bodog, Doyle's Room, etc with the same brush as FTP and UB/AP.

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any psychic mediums who are CC members or who like to play online poker? Maybe they could channel the spirits of Lucky Luciano and Albert Anastasia (of Murder Inc.) and have them take care of those frauds and thieves. Lawyers wouldn't be able to save their worthless asses then.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any psychic mediums who are CC members or who like to play online poker? Maybe they could channel the spirits of Lucky Luciano and Albert Anastasia (of Murder Inc.) and have them take care of those frauds and thieves. Lawyers wouldn't be able to save their worthless asses then.

I am not psychic, but I DO hear voices........

And they dont like Chris, Howard or Rafe....................

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If any other members here deposited at Full Tilt, their FT account was credited with the deposit - but the money was never taken from their account - please pm me asap. (Not gonna give you grief!!)

Thanks!

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're guilty until they come up with the money they owe us and still have millions themselves. I don't see them denying that they don't have only $60m left as the DOJ claims.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There is (not just in this article but on the internet as a whole) far too much weight being placed on the "Was it a Ponzi scheme?" question. It's just arguing meaningless semantics - if this goes to trial the definition of a Ponzi scheme and whether FT was one or not isn't going to be argued in court because it has no effect on anything (note that the article itself says the word Ponzi wasn't even used by the government in their complaint!). Plus, the article intimating that FT being classed as a Ponzi scheme will have any effect on Alderney and the license issues is dumb - the fact that FT was short to the tune of a few hundred million dollars when it came to covering player's account balances (even before Black Friday!) is what will influence the license issue, not the word Ponzi being thrown about.

Ponzi.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a fairly good pro regulation article from the Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ine-poker/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Also, here is a poll to show support for regulation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ine-poker/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

You have to register to do the poll. It only takes 2 seconds. Lets do this and show support for the game. The other forum has been trying to get people to vote and comment and I think we should join them on this.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those links are the same - don't see a poll.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're guilty until they come up with the money they owe us and still have millions themselves. I don't see them denying that they don't have only $60m left as the DOJ claims.

The $60m figure was pre-Black Friday, before the DoJ seizures (NoahSD on Subject Poker says he's seen figures that lead him to believe the $60m included funds in third-party payment processor accounts, not just Tilt's own accounts). So they don't even have that much left.

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately I didn't like Full Tilt much due to their crappy customer support and their expensive rake so they didn't steal much of my money. With sites out there like PS and Bodog, I didn't have to settle for Full Tilt. It was sort of a no brainer. Hopefully justice will be served and online poker will come back to life for the USA.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do it anyway. It doesn't say it's limited to just US citizens.

Totes. I did and Im not from the USA. Although I dont know if this helps at all it doesnt seem like it can hurt. I just hope for you guys that once its regulated they dont charge crazy rake and eventually let the ROW players in the player pool.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see the top bit, down as far as the search box, and the bottom bit from the crest down, but the whole centre box is white and blank for me, presumably because of my IP address.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see the top bit, down as far as the search box, and the bottom bit from the crest down, but the whole centre box is white and blank for me, presumably because of my IP address.

Is your browser blocking scripts? I use the NoScript plugin and I saw the same thing until I allowed the site to run scripts. Then everything worked.

Interesting feature, BTW. I really like this online petition idea. Let's see what happens.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totes. I did and Im not from the USA. Although I dont know if this helps at all it doesnt seem like it can hurt. I just hope for you guys that once its regulated they dont charge crazy rake and eventually let the ROW players in the player pool.

Seen this a few times. What is a ROW player?

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone else sad that we prob wont be seeing Howard on TV for a very long time? He had this strange calmness I liked.....

He prob isnt so calm right now though haha.