dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More from PokerStrategy.com

• -- One possible alternative is providing equity in a revived company to those players.

Reminded of an old method of making us observant. "Whats wrong with this picture?"

Moving the gambling site gamble to Wall Street Gambling?????? And of course, US participation will be verboten. :eek::confused:

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmmm, who gets to define "significant" ?

Good point Fletchdad.
ditto . $20 is significant to me :mad: although I had way more than that there . I would take a share or two for money owed to me .
still have not seen or heard enough to believe Ferguson or Lederer are thief's . they haven't been charged with any crimes that I know of , so hopes of them going to prison are out . it's civil not criminal charges , right? haven't read anything except this thread and haven't had internet or tv for awhile now so...

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Correct - all the charges are civil at this stage: http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/09/ftp-civil-amended/
thank you sir :)
Wrong. The DOJ issued a nine-count criminal indictment against FTP's Ray Bitar and Nelson Burtnick, PS's Isai Scheinberg and Paul Tate and Absolute Poker's Scott Tom and Brent Beckley as well as some payment processors and bankers. United States v. Scheinberg, 10 Cr. 336 (2011)
They also filed a civil case civil case seeking some $3 billion in assets. United States v. PokerStars, et al., 11 Civ. 2564 (2011)
ya :p didn't see Chris mf Ferguson or Howard Lederer in that group :eek:

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Your a long time respected CC'er and I mean no disrespect but how on Earth can you defend Lederer and Ferguson? The company is busto. They are sitting on millions in funds that are in actuality player's deposits, not profits. FTP has constantly lied to their players and the commission that regulated them.

Lederer and Ferguson weren't some random red pros they were major owners and board members for the company. They are the ones who hired Bitar. What, exactly, do you need to convince you that they aren't innocent lost lambs?

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You are right, misread your post. Thought you were referring to the entire mess. :eek:

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just ship it its significant to me
oh and plus interest lol

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So any word on that french company buying Full Tilt? I'm assuming they will refund our money or credit our accounts and allow us to play. Guess it's still in the courts huh?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I've missed something, last news was they were still in negotiations with the US DoJ and it wasn't expected to be a quick process...

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if I would play there anyway. From what I hear, the owner of that company has had some honesty issues in the past.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.wptmag.com/news.php?articleID=269

In a truly bizarre Europe-wide canvassing operation, a number of media organisations working in partnership with the Groupe Bernard Tapie have began contacting ex-Full Tilt players to ask how they would like their bankroll to be paid back.

My answer would be "in cash".

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/silen...ll-tilt-pokergroupe-bernard-tapie-deal-20456/

Dayanim wouldn’t comment any further on how those negotiations with the DoJ were going except to say, “It’s a process. The process is still going on and hopefully we’ll have some good news to report. I remain optimistic that we’ll be able to reach an outcome that allows for the Tapie group to proceed with the proposed plan. It’s Tapie’s intention to arrange for repayment of players.”

Sounds like it pretty much depends on how much of our money the DOJ is willing to part with.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the WPT article:

Options include investing parts of their money in FTP shares which could then be repurchased by the company at a later date, cashing out their entire balance with an undisclosed penalty charge or releasing their balance slowly over the course of a year.

um i think i would take the penalty as long as it's like less than 7% cause releasing slowly over year could take chance of closing down again.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the WPT article:

Options include investing parts of their money in FTP shares which could then be repurchased by the company at a later date, cashing out their entire balance with an undisclosed penalty charge or releasing their balance slowly over the course of a year.

um i think i would take the penalty as long as it's like less than 7% cause releasing slowly over year could take chance of closing down again.

Even though the option may have been canvassed, I don't see how any licensing body (or the DoJ for that matter) would let them get away with charging such a penalty - or indeed slowly releasing the balance, unless some kind of compensation was offered. It'd be grossly unfair to penalise people just because they were successful enough to have a high account balance.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though the option may have been canvassed, I don't see how any licensing body (or the DoJ for that matter) would let them get away with charging such a penalty - or indeed slowly releasing the balance, unless some kind of compensation was offered. It'd be grossly unfair to penalise people just because they were successful enough to have a high account balance.
This is VERY unlikely to be offered to US players.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, yeah - I definitely don't think there's any way the DoJ lets them do anything "creative" when it comes to US players.

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's fine, I accept cash or check.