PokerStars Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) returns on May 7 with a $75 million guarantee and, perhaps more importantly, a selection of women-only events.
The 15th edition of SCOOP will take place on PokerStars’ international dot.com network between May 7 and 31. As ever, there will be three buy-in levels for each event: low, medium, and high.
With 121 events scheduled for SCOOP 2023, that means players can enter a total of 363 poker tournaments this year. However, in an effort to promote equality within poker, three MTTs will be reserved for women.
PokerStars SCOOP is for women as well
Event 109 will take place across all three buy-in levels and guarantee a total of $34,000 in prize money:
- May 28: Women’s SCOOP Event Low – $5.50 buy-in and a $4,000 guarantee
- May 28: Women’s SCOOP Event Medium – $22 buy-in and a $10,000 guarantee
- May 28: Women’s SCOOP Event High – $109 buy-in and a $20,000 guarantee
PokerStars introduced women-only events in 2022. Those MTTs attracted over 1,700 entries, prompting the organizers to bring them back this year. PokerStars Ambassador Georgina James, aka GJReggie, said she’s looking forward to this year’s events and believes they help showcase women in poker.
“SCOOP is one of the biggest online events of the year. Seeing [women’s events] back again shows how PokerStars is continuing its commitment to featuring and showcasing women in poker. I’ve had a decent run in these events, so I am looking forward to them,” said James.
More main events and over $12 million to play for
Aside from the women’s MTTs, the highlights of this year’s PokerStars SCOOP series will be the main events. As well as Hold’em, PokerStars is giving Pot Limit Omaha players something to get excited about.
There will be nine main events in total with at least $12.5 million in prize money up for grabs:
PokerStars SCOOP NLHE Turbo Main Events
- May 28: No Limit Hold’em Main Event Low – $109 buy-in and a $2 million guarantee
- May 28: No Limit Hold’em Main Event Medium – $1,050 buy-in and a $4 million guarantee
- May 28: No Limit Hold’em Main Event High – $10,300 buy-in and a $5 million guarantee
PokerStars SCOOP PLO Main Events
- May 28: Pot Limit Omaha Main Event Low – $109 buy-in and a $200,000 guarantee
- May 28: Pot Limit Omaha Main Event Medium – $1,050 buy-in and a $500,000 guarantee
- May 28: Pot Limit Omaha Main Event High – $10,300 buy-in and a $800,000 guarantee
PokerStars SCOOP NLHE Turbo Second Change Main Events
- May 29: No Limit Hold’em Main Event Low – $55 buy-in and a $200,000 guarantee
- May 29: No Limit Hold’em Main Event Medium – $530 buy-in and a $300,000 guarantee
- May 29: No Limit Hold’em Main Event High – $5,200 buy-in and a $400,000 guarantee
In addition to direct buy-ins, PokerStars is running a variety of freerolls, low-stakes satellites, and SCOOP promotions.