Snow in the forecast

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is motivated by recent accomplishments by one of our members that I personally find very impressive. Now I realize we all have good runs of cards and it’s almost a necessary part of the equation in order to produce a successful outcome of a given MTT. But to win 4 of the Cardschat freerolls in a row, given the premium players attending these games, is impressive.

So, if you don’t mind Snow, I would truly appreciate anything from tidbits of your methodology, to a play by play of your strategy, if you’re willing to share.

:listen:

kybcat

kybcat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he won 4 in a roll I dont want to meet up with him in one

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snow post some of how you play. I would love to know..

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snow post some of how you play. I would love to know..

He plays patient, and waits for the other people to make mistakes.

He also has a Magic 8 Ball that is really magic.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have read the above and taken note :D

Congrats & thanks for posting :top:

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That Penguin guy sure knew what he was talking about.

What is HUD?

Heads Up Display

It's basically program that monitors your poker game and saves everything it sees. Then it displays important information on the screen.

For example, in this picture:
The Grey box on the left is for player notes. (Stuff you type in)
From these stats I know he...
Voluntatily Puts $ Into Pot 51% of the time
Raises Preflop 36% of the time
Has a Preflop aggression factor of 2.3
(one more stat... I don't know what it is. Not my setup)
This is based on about 4,600 hands
-
Attempts to steal the blinds 67% of the time
Folds his bib blind to a steal 51% of the time
Makes a continuation bet on the flop 55% of the time
Folds to a continuation bet on the flop 55% of the time.

So if someone only makes a continuation bet 28% of the time, you can be pretty sure that he likes the flop if he bets, and you can play accordingly.
Or if someone raises preflop 10% of the time, and only steals 12% of the time, you can be pretty sure that he's not making position plays and has some sort of legitimate hand, and play accordingly.

Attachments

• hud.jpg
    hud.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 59
Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Snow for the info above...can't wait to read the next installment! They will definitely help me, as I am still developing my 'style of play'! And perhaps it will save me from players such as you:eek: that think I will call, then fold post-flop if my hand is not as good as I'd like it to be! Sometimes I have an excellent hand though...eg AA, but I realize it is still a pair...would like to go all-in, but depends on my chip stack, position in tourney, my own mind-set, etc! Sometimes, I'm an incidious shark, trolling for hands & chips to gobble up!:D Hee-hee!

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Snow for the info above...can't wait to read the next installment! They will definitely help me, as I am still developing my 'style of play'! And perhaps it will save me from players such as you:eek: that think I will call, then fold post-flop if my hand is not as good as I'd like it to be! Sometimes I have an excellent hand though...eg AA, but I realize it is still a pair...would like to go all-in, but depends on my chip stack, position in tourney, my own mind-set, etc! Sometimes, I'm an incidious shark, trolling for hands & chips to gobble up!:D Hee-hee!

Poker is a process that you continue to learn (some much faster than others),the more you play and learn,the better you will become.Learn from your mistakes and I think more importantly learn from the mistakes you see others make.

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a camera on the wall behind me, i suggest you all also check.........

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a process that you continue to learn (some much faster than others),the more you play and learn,the better you will become.Learn from your mistakes and I think more importantly learn from the mistakes you see others make.

Thanks for the advice...I will certainly use it to my advantage! I do watch others too...and am, hopefully, learning NOT to make those errors in my game! :D

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snow, count me in as one of the people who is very interested. I actually printed out your beginning, middle and end strategies which is not something I regularly do--you know, save the trees and all. You provided some valuable insights I have never read nor even considered before. Though you said "I am going to break this up into a few posts to keep it from being a book", I think you should seriously consider writing a book. For real.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is very impressive. Tough to do congrats. Here's to the next four.

Cheers!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a ton of intricacies to playing and there's no way Snowmobiler is going to cover them all. If you guys are serious about learning how to play I recommend reading the first two Harrington on Hold'em books. I bought'em each for the full $29.95 cover price, and they paid for themselves pretty quickly. (I read them each twice, and with each pass I often reread chapters, so some chapters may have 5 readings)

Amazon sells Harrington on Hold'em Volume I & Volume II for $19.77 apiece, so spend another $10.46 and you get free shipping.

Basically, there are a lot of intricacies about what hands you can play and when. Different hands become playable at different stages of a tournament. And cards that should be mucked at some stages suddenly become shovable at later stages.

Snowmobiler mentioned M, but Harrington covers the importance of you M extensively in Volume II. Really, when I read the second book I thought Harrington was crazy. It was a lot different than how I played... but I did what he said anyway an I have to admit I was wrong and Harrington was right.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Add another one to my trophy mantle :D

Attachments

• carbon924.JPG
    carbon924.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 57
Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info Snow, I didn't have too much to work with in the cards today on UB, but I do try hard to take everything you say & learn from it!:D One day soon, I will have that #1 title! :DI don't think I'm doing too badly though for the end of my 11th week of ever playing poker.I have learned the rules as I've played...burst through the bubble twice now, the last being the Tournament to the Daily Dollar on Fulltilt...started with 300 chips & won the ticket! But now, my goal is to win...no second place...just #1!:D

M

MsDonkDonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impressive to win 4 and I want to thank you for taking the time to post your advice and thoughts about the freerolls