Analyze hand/sessions

F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello People! I have one problem. How to analyze a hand/session?
I’ve been putting a lot of time into working on my game as of late and I was wondering what I should be doing when going through my sessions, how do/should I analyze a hand?

I’m not going to post all hands I play on here, obviously. If there’s a hand I lose (or win) what am I looking at/for when breaking it down on my own? I am tying to put as much effort into getting better and any help/advice is appreciated! Thanks!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why don't you start a thread and ask, using a specific hand as example?
That is: specifically ask for advise and why that advise is given.

Last edited:
F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to find some system that works and it's used by players too.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as I said, try the cardschat forum: start a thread and post the hand

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello People! I have one problem. How to analyze a hand/session?
I’ve been putting a lot of time into working on my game as of late and I was wondering what I should be doing when going through my sessions, how do/should I analyze a hand?

I’m not going to post all hands I play on here, obviously. If there’s a hand I lose (or win) what am I looking at/for when breaking it down on my own? I am tying to put as much effort into getting better and any help/advice is appreciated! Thanks!

So, you should find a hand that you either 1. feel like you played poorly or 2. don't understand why you lost Post it to the hand analysis sub section on either cash game or tournament. Be sure to include as much details as possible. You will need stack sizes usually nice to break it down into big blinds to make it easier. your position at the table and any relevant opponents positions at the table. Live reads. details about the tournament or cash game like what are the stakes, what part of the tournament are you in. Basically as much detail as possible.

I don't know how you review your sessions. I video record mine using OBS software and re-watch for hands I feel like I could improve on, and you can use that as a way to find the hand to analyze.

The reason I suggest posting them on the sub forum is because if there is really that many hands that you feel you are needing to review then maybe a fresh set of eyes will help you along. Sometimes you can't review your own hands because you will be biased that you played them correctly, when in reality the hand could have been played much differently.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands