What's reason do you generally bust out of a tournament?

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some retards keep busting me out with 1:2 or 1:3 odds at Pokerstars. It happens everytime. Feeling frushtrated!

This is so true. Last night got busted in all 3 higher buy-in O8 MTTs with opponents having 10-30% odds to scoop me, one in bubble with AA63 < AK94. In every one they were behind me (except in one which my opp managed to get in A973 < AKKT). So damn frustrating.

Getting rivered by far too often, in every format.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally Posted by Ducbim
Some retards keep busting me out with 1:2 or 1:3 odds at Pokerstars. It happens everytime. Feeling frushtrated!
This is so true. Last night got busted in all 3 higher buy-in O8 MTTs with opponents having 10-30% odds to scoop me, one in bubble with AA63 < AK94. In every one they were behind me (except in one which my opp managed to get in A973 < AKKT). So damn frustrating.

Getting rivered by far too often, in every format.

If you guys want to complain about how hard life is and how many badbeats you suffer from "retards", perhaps you would like to visit the thread that was set up for exactly that purpose:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...gged-megathread-all-rigged-roads-lead-228298/

That way maybe people in this thread can concentrate on what they are doing wrong rather than blaming other people :p

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always get busted because I loose all my chips :):):):)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lose is the opposite of win. Loose is the opposite of tight. Funny guy :)

A

annvr71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is most of the time that my concentration drops because I played
to many tournements at the same time (mostly freerolls)

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good hand is the reason way i bust from must of the tournaments.

M

makaay1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i allways go out with a coinflip, i suck at them

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1/2 the time to a coinflip...The rest lose when all in.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or finally my favorite, trying to be the table police on the bully big stack with an extremely marginal hand when he actually has a hand that time...

lol, my favorite as well. unless your the one trying to take out low stacks:D

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL - it could have been me writing this on a good day:
he he, actually one way or another every player is going to be busted sooner or later unless winning it all,

but going back to the thread deep in a toruney i have to say pockets kings, everytime i m dealt such a hand i have the feeling that is almost over for me, its like 147% of the times an ace will be in the flop or the villain holding pocket two is going to hit the set, he he what a wrong approach but indeed it´s starting to affect my game

But today and last about a week is "bad day(s)"
No matter what I played especially on pokerstars - low BI - a bit higher - freeroll - satellite - it seems that I get the cards from a different stack altogether then that goes on the table and what the other players get... just so totally either card dead or disconnected from the board.

Does anyone else feels the same - that sometimes no matter what you do - you will bust out as soon as you play your hand.

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I do much better in turbo MTTs. I think this because I get bored/impatient in regular MTT and start to do stupid things and lose my chips.

Like many others, I overvalue certain hands and I tend to think people are bluffing more often than they are.

On flops like QQ9, I call down to the river with a pair 9 thinking meh no way they have a Q

I also get into a lot of flips for a huge percentage of my stack

I think typing this out has been very introspective and may be more helpful than I had thought

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well tnnight from midnight on played 6 events I busted out of 3 running into aces lol with high pockets late in tourneys did take a fourth down but should have moneyed more tonight.

It happens though just a bad run:) At least am getting cards to play with!!

Y

YouPay4MyCrack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I bust out going all in pre-flop and having someone hit on the river. But that's poker!

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bust out by 2 things either a miss read or they hit their card say for the straight or flush when they been playing for top pair all night.

We have to remember that the better we play the worse the bad beats get that take us out.

Good skill at the tables

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are on the very same boat my friend. Word for word. You hit all the right spots.

Kryss

Kryss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I often go deep in a tourney, but can't make it there with a decent stack, I freeze up, play way tight trying to make the bubble and either get blinded away or get my chips in good with a superior hand and get sucked out on...

I swear this has happened EVERYTIME, I feel horrible afterwards even if is a freeroll idk if I am a horrible player or just unlucky.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I get busted out of a tournament because of bad luck. Sometimes I have few chips and I go all-in with good hands but a lot of players usually call and I get busted out. Sometimes it's a bad beat. A few times I have tilted in a previous hand and I lose my focus. But generally it's bad luck.

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Getting it in good and losing (usually due to low stack)

2. Not listening to my gut to make a fold.

3. Bad time to steal the blinds.

4. Blinding out

5. Falling Asleep!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got donked out of Carbon's $300 freeroll close to the money bubble and I had the 3rd biggest chip stack at my 9 handed table. I raised preflop to try and steal the blinds & antes with :kd4: :ks4: and of course the 2nd biggest chip stack wants to play heads up with me. I bet a pot sized bet on the flop and they call. Turn card comes and they SHOVE OUT OF POSITION. I see their hand and it's :jh4: :7c4: they hit a 7 on the flop. So I guess the guy thought I was bluffing so he shoved on the turn to see if I would fold. Of course I call and get donked out of the tourney by a jack on the river.

JJ77x what a friggin joke. This is what you deal with in freerolls.
---

Oh well I'm done for the night. The variance is starting to put me on tilt tonight. UFC 181 is on and I got some Sailor Jerry rum calling my name this Saturday night. LOL

Last edited:
DreamRun

DreamRun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I run deep, it's usually because the blinds become so suffocating for everyone and I'm not exactly an expert at the push/fold math.
But when I bust early and have to rebuy or quit, it's usually do to a bad beat. Flop came 626. I had A6, check to the pfr he bets about half pot, I cr him, and he shoves which I call. He has pocket eights!
The turn is an eight!
And to put salt in the wound the river was an inconsequential ace.