What tournaments do you recommend for me to play?

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Get experience and build your own bankroll playing freerolls.Learn about pot odds, it is key to play good winning poker in the long run.While playing observe other players and find a playing style you enjoy and feel comfortable with.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your bankroll, that at the beginning there would be 150+ tournaments - watch the streams along the way, you can sometimes play freerolls - but this is only for familiarization with the game, often if it is a public freeroll, then they often play on any maps and to study the game they are no longer suitable, just for reference

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never having made a deposit on any site, I have always stuck to freerolls to start with and when I couldn't find any I would use Play Money to practice, There are differences of opinion when playing both these type of games, because they are not always taken seriously by many players, but in my view it really doesn't matter what others do, it's You! and how seriously You play these games.
Don't let others influence how you learn how to play, That is down to how You Learn!
Teachers of anything will agree that there are 3 different ways to Learn anything, You either have to read about the Subject, Watch others do the Same, or get your hands on and do it for yourself. I Prefer to use all 3 especially when it comes to Poker I have read many books on the Game, Watched 1,000s of games on Twitch TV and YouTube, and played many Thousands of hands over the last 20 years maybe as many as Hundreds of Thousands.
I have lost many, but I have always made Profit over those years On-line and especially in Live games.
The most Famous Quote by anyone was Doyle Brunson when asked How he learned to be so good and he replied "You can Learn Poker in 5 Minutes, But it takes a Lifetime to Master, I'm still Learning"

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm a beginner
I think beginners should play in freerolls and micro buy-in tournaments, but only in slow tournaments, i mean hyper or turbo tournaments are not very suitable for beginners. In slow tournaments, a beginner player can gradually master the basics of the game and acquire very important basic skills.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
From the perspective of buy-in you can play tournaments with low buy-ins, so that to have the minimum effect to your bankroll. Then when you start to have the first experiences you can try to play faster tournaments, also. After these you can see what's happening with your game, your style and your strategies, study them and make your corrections and evolutions.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You should study so that you can have a better understanding of the game, you can better evaluate your rivals, use your position as an advantage and many other things... then I do think that you should start playing freerolls but the thing with freerolls is that many times they don't You can play very calmly or apply strategies since many tend to play the free games in a crazy way, but if it would help you understand many things and make a bank, then I think you can go to tournaments where entry is not very expensive, there are tournaments $0.50 $1, there are also low cost SNGs

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have no money you can start on 888 poker where you can find a bunch of freerolls with $ and also with tournament tickets

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play something that you don’t mind losing; it will save your sanity. Cardschat freerolls on all sites are the best option for a beginner in poker.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lowest available buy-ins for cash games and tournaments and grind up the levels while maintaining solid bank role management. I would not recommend freerolls except the ones available on sites like cardschat, too much play that is not relevant to learning. Even the lowest stakes of real money games have players that want to win and it will help you refine your game.